Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamriel: Total War (music preview in first post)

Default Re: Tamriel: Total War (music preview in first post)

Don`t you think 160 settlements is kinda too much?Don`t forget to give Titius Mede Goldbrand,because in the book ,,The Great war`` its said he wielded Goldbrand but thats not sure.Hope this helps.

Why are 160 settlements too much? Vanilla has only about 40 settlements less, if I'm remembering correctly. And of course we'll take care of Goldbrand

The thing about Goldbrand made me think about a few things. Do you think it would be possible that you create unique artifacts, like in Stainless Steel (i.e. the Holy Grail), which could be passed around generals by one of them killing the other/getting in control of a city etc. etc. ? And it would be awesome to see like a general getting an enchanted weapon/armor if he is in a city with a high prestige mage guild AND a blacksmith/armorer?

Some special artifacts are already planned. And they are powerful
    The idea with generic enchanted armor is great. Thanks mate (+rep)

What about general speeches before you press ,,to battle``?I would like to see that.Will there be preview of trailer or intro movie when u make one?And i seriously dont want to give you anymore job(i see u already have much),but i have a suggestion:how about that one of characters(generals) of the Empire be named Hero of Bruma or Champion of Cyrodill,main character from Oblivion?

jacb547's Avatar Primicerius

but the hero did not worked for the empire after martin death I mean he didnt become a general of the legion

Quote Originally Posted by jacb547 View Post
    but the hero did not worked for the empire after martin death I mean he didnt become a general of the legion
    SPOILER WARNING;

Everyone be wary of this;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Champion of Cyrodiil / Hero of Kvatch is believed to fully take on the role of Sheogorath and would therefore have relinquished all possessions. Goldbrand is a handy weapon for a mortal, but a trifle to a God (Try Slashing Mehrunes Dagon with it).

It is never said whether Martin "died", as Ocato claims it will be the subject of constant debate for years to come.

One of the Daedric Artifacts was destroyed and could only surface after a near two centuries after it's destruction. (Blood of The Daedra).

I didn't know about the whole "Titus Mede wielding the Goldbrand" dealio. I just checked that up and even in the book it claims that it was just rumored as being the case.

Much of this is highly suspect. The writers of the "books" of the Elder Scrolls series always have less knowledge on certain topics that was available to the player.

The misconceptions about the Oblivion Crisis being a prime example of that.

Titus Mede II is definitely not his father. In Skyrim he is shown as being exceptionally cowardly in trying not to show up to Skyrim in order to have an excuse as to why he shouldn't personally put his hands in matters. Leaving the majority of the planning to a much better suited and wiser General.

Vecassivelaunous, this does bring up a very interesting question.

I remember in certain version of the Old Medieval Total War you could give "titles". Will such a function be available for officers in this? I.E. Count of Cheydinhaal, Jarl of Windhelm, Elder Council Member etc?

(Sorry, haven't really kept up with TW for ages, Skyrim being the first thing I picked up in an eon. Not sure if the function is still around and can be implemented).

-

Next question;

I liked the idea of the Artifacts, is there a way to make sure that they're only on one individual at a time? It could be given as a "retinue" but limited.

I.E. Whichever Assassin currently has the most "kills" is the wielder of Mehrunes Razor.

Highest Generalship Rating (if it can be calculated) receives Goldbrand.

Naturally there can be more complicated ways to fill them up.

I didn`t see any book saying what happened to Hero,so it would be nice if he joined the Empire(like easter egg),agter all he is Champion of CYRODILL,and yes,i said it wasn`t sure if Titius wielded Goldbrand,but why doesn`t that be his first revenue?

Special speeches before battles are low priority. We will first deactivate them, and maybe make new ones when it comes to fine tuning.
    The hero of Kvatch won't play any role. It is said that he is the new Sheogorath, and a Daedric prince surely wouldn't fight for mortals. Anyway, the player chooses how his Hero of Kvatch looks, behaves and what his abilities are. I for one played a good character, and I would be disappointed, if the Hero of Kvatch would be bad, and I'm sure the assassins among you would be disappointed to see an honourable fighter.
    Of course, titles will be added. It's fairly easy.
    And artifacts can easily be made unique. But I think it wouldn't do to give Mehrunes Razor simply to the best assassin. For such unique artifacts the conditions will be different.

Is there by any chance a need for a researcher or maybe an idea-fabricator? I would really like to help the team, because a Tamriel: Total War is one of my old wishes that I hope will come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixix View Post
    I didn`t see any book saying what happened to Hero,so it would be nice if he joined the Empire(like easter egg),agter all he is Champion of CYRODILL,and yes,i said it wasn`t sure if Titius wielded Goldbrand,but why doesn`t that be his first revenue?
    SPOILER, BE WARNED
    Don't worry, you bump into him in the Sheogorath quest as he's well, Sheogorath. As for what he did during life, it's highly implied that he was canonically the Listener for the Dark Brotherhood, as should you take Lucien's ghost with you to meet Sheogorath, Lucien recognizes him, remarking that Sheo was "a very good listener" or something like that.

@Mr. Bean Laden

Help is always welcome. Just tell me your ideas and what you find that could be helpful.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Don`t you think 160 settlements is kinda too much?
    Too much or too little for others. Anyway I wanted to ask what are your plans for the imperial city - would you consider making it multiple cities - sort of like West and East Osgiliath in TATW? Would be really hard to conquer and mighty.

Any preview soon?And will there be Sheogorath troops,maybe in morrowind?

I intended the IC to be one city and some forts around it.

@Fixix:
    There was a music preview only some weeks ago. You'll have to wait till we have done something worth showing
    We're currently doing coding mainly, and there's not much to see.
    And what do you mean with Sheogorath troops? Those city guards on the Shivering Isles(can't think of their English name)? Those would not fit the setting. Sheogorath, or any Daedra, doesn't care about Tamriel (well, except Mehrunes Dagon, but he's obviously no threat anymore ).

Quote Originally Posted by vercassivelaunos View Post
    I intended the IC to be one city and some forts around it.

@Fixix:
    There was a music preview only some weeks ago. You'll have to wait till we have done something worth showing
    We're currently doing coding mainly, and there's not much to see.
    And what do you mean with Sheogorath troops? Those city guards on the Shivering Isles(can't think of their English name)? Those would not fit the setting. Sheogorath, or any Daedra, doesn't care about Tamriel (well, except Mehrunes Dagon, but he's obviously no threat anymore ).
    Oblivion/Skyrim Spoilers;

Agreed.

Daedra Armies would perhaps be logical were this a "Third Era" game, but if it takes place in the 4th, it would be impossible.

The Sacrifice of Martin Septim acted as a permanent seal against the opening of Oblivion Gates. The Aureals and the Mazken (Sheogorath's two groups) have by some weird sequence of events been on Tamriel ( I forgot where I read it, but they have interfered with the workings of other Daedra ) but they've never concerned themselves with politics.

Technically speaking Boethiah's "armies" are the Dunmer, who consider him their ancestor Daedra. The Orcs do the same with Malacath.

One interesting Cyrodiilic military unit would be the "Knights of the Nine". They were rebuilt and did in the past involve themselves with Military Conflict, they would take special interest in fighting against the Religiously fueled Thalmor, and have a particular distaste for the Mer. They would be a very interesting "exclusive" unit. Where only one can exist in the game at a time. Could function like a "Generals" Unit, so that they replenish over time, but the time margin could be much-much higher.

What about Knights of the Thorn? Will you include them as a unit?

There is no account on the Knights of the Nine regarding their actions after they have been reformed. But it would be interesting to have them. I'll think about it.

@Dave:
    The Knights of the Thorn are only Farwyl Indarys' drinking companions. It was not accidentally that most of them were slaughtered, when they tried to close the Oblivion gate. Only Farwyl himself and one single companion survived, and even that only through luck. They are not fit for battles. Anyway, they are only two or three men, after the failed mission in Oblivion. But there will be a unit of just knights. Those will be knights like those of the White Stallion and similar real orders.

What about different local city militias like there were in Oblivion? I mean like Anvil, Skingrad or every other major city had its own guards wearing different coats of arms - yellow dressed with black bird CoA in Bruma etc etc. They are of two types - swordsmen and archers. Are you going to include some of them? I would really love to see some of those local militias and if you want I could make them for you just to make sure they are included.

Im also wondering how is Morrowind army going to be represented - will it be based on houses armies, or something like a mix of everything - houses, tribunal and ashlanders? Personally Id like to see a roster based heavily on local units. Or is it based on the ruling house army? Really curious.

I did not intend to include local militias, because it would be too much work (for the skinners). But if you could do those I would of course include them gladly
    But the sword militias will play a little role. They will have either bows or spears. There is no cavalry and there are no spears in the games, but in some books cavalry is mentioned. And it is logical that there have to be spearmen, if there are mounted warriors. So the militias will be spearmen, rather than swordsmen.
    Morrowinds army is a mix of all th things mentioned. There will be some basic units (militia and the like), great house units (one for every house), Ashlanders, Ordinators for the tribunal (the tribunal is dissolved, but the Ordinators were rather a police force AFAIK, so they would likely keep their role), and of course Royal Guards for the ruling house (Hlaalu).