Page 1 of 48 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamriel: Total War (music preview in first post)

Default Tamriel: Total War (music preview in first post)

Time for a new preview. Here's some of the music composed by Benoit Malis:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Enjoy

main menu:

stratmap - summer:
    Valenwood: You'll have to turn up the volume for this track, but in the game it will be louder.

Blackmarsh:

Elsweyr:

Hammerfell:

Skyrim:

High Rock:

stratmap - winter:
    Schwarzmarsch:

Elsweyr:

Hammerfell:

High Rock:

Morrowind:

Skyrim:

Summerset-Inseln:

And the faction symbols got overhauled:
    Spoiler for faction symbols

1st row: The Empire, Skyrim, Morrowind
    2nd row: The Medic Empire (under Titus Mede), the Crowns, Argonia
    3rd row: Elsweyr, the Aldmeri-Dominion, Hammerfell
    4th row: Daggerfall, Pyandonea, Wayrest
    5th row: Summerset, Valenwood, Rebels

You may have noticed that we have an additional row of faction symbols, and that the secret symbol is not secret anymore. The additional factions are:
    -the Medic Empire: After Martin Septim's death there were many men strugling for the throne of Tamriel. Titus Mede was one of them, and he was the one to capture the Imperial City. He will be a playable faction.
    -Wayrest: Wayrest was already mentioned in the preview, and here is its symbol. Wayrest will be playable
    -the Crowns: After Hammerfell was conquered by the Empire in E2, the Redguard society split into two. The so called "Heirs" adapted parts of the Cyrodiilic culture, while the "Crowns" insisted on keeping the old traditions of Yokuda, where the Redguards originally came from. The society is still split in E4, and the king of Sentinel is an Heir. The Crowns are likely to rebel against him. They will work like the Barons' Alliance in Britannia.
    -the Aldmeri-Dominion: After the Thalmor seize control over Summerset, they will try to overthrow the rulers of Valenwood. The player will be able to do exactly this. You can restore the Dominion and bring Elven rulership to the world.

We can now proudly present a second preview:

1. The interface

I'll start with the interface. Thanks to Vladyvid we have a new one for Morrowind

Spoiler for Morrowind-Interface

Meanwhile, I did the Imperial interface.

Spoiler for Imperial interface

Furthermore, Hexenkönig created a new menu:

Spoiler for Menü

2. The map

The map also changed thanks to Hexenkönig, with new provinces, terrain, redistribution of settlement posessions and a new faction: Wayrest (Wegesruh in German)

Spoiler for Wayrest

The eastern provinces of High Rock fell to Skyrim after the war of Bend'r-Mahk. In the spoiler you can see Skyrim's posessions in High Rock

Spoiler for Skyrim's posessions
    Jehanna and Farrun once belonged to High Rock.

Hammerfell also took part in the war. And lost! Dragonstar, Dragongate and Elinhir were once in Hammerfell's posession

Spoiler for eastern Hammerfell

Here are some more picture of the overhauled Hammerfell:

Spoiler for Hammerfell

We also pais attention to the islands:

We have also some new provinces and a forest on Solstheim. Snow will, of course, be done with the time:

Spoiler for Solstheim

The desert of Elsweyr and the southern jungles must not be missing:
    Spoiler for Elsweyr

And here are the various forests of Valenwood:

Spoiler for Valenwood

Cyrodiil got some additional settlements aswell:

Spoiler for Cyrodiil

3. The units

We've got some nice magical projectiles (thanks to Eotheose )

Spoiler for magical projectiles

In addition, I created a new and very special type of projectile:

It seems as if there is notjing dangerous.
    But appearences are deceptive. The skald of Skyrim have a devastating voice:

We're currently working on coding (a new culture for the Argonians is done, as well as ten religions, one for each race; Takeda is working on the buildings). Units for most factions are also done coding wise (we're still lacking models).
    I am busy with improving the coastlines.

Feedback would be appreciated

first preview:

Here we go: A first preview of our mod "Tamriel: Total War"

The factions

1. row: Empire of Tamriel, Skyrim, Morrowind
    2. row: Summerset, Valenwood, Argonia
    3. row: Elsweyr, top secret-faction, Hammerfell
    4. row: High Rock , Pyandonea, Rebels

Mainly 11 factions will fight for honour and glory in Tamriel. I'm sure that some of you recognized the top-secret faction in row 3. Look forward to a surprise. It will be a very special one :strategie_zone_272:

In the spoiler below you'll find a description of the story, and in the second one you'll see some parts of the map.
    We're in the fourth era. The Empire is about to collapse. At every border of Cyrodiil the vanquished peoples struggle for freedom, and they don't fear the legion of the Empire. Overbearing dunmer, freedom-loving redguards, adept bretons, uppish altmer, swift bosmer, lizardlike argonians and fierce nord, all of them stand up to high chancelor Ocato, the current ruler of Tamriel. However, decay or a new rise of the Empire is not the only topic in TTW. You also have the chance to leave Tamriel and search for a new homeland. For instance, it is said that the once mighty Yokuda sank into the sea in the west, and that in the south there lies Pyandonea, a land shrouded in mystery, which is ruled by the immortal wizard Orgnum, who was expelled from Summerset.

the map:
    (radar-map is modified)

And now a quote of Martin Septim:
    The amulet is shattered, Dagon defeated. With the dragons blood and the amulet of kings we have sealed the gates of oblivion - forever. The last of the Septims passes now into history. I go gladly, for I know my sacrifice is not in vane. I take my place with my father and my father's fathers. The third Age has ended, and a new age dawns. When the next Elder Scroll is written, you shall be the scribe.The shade of the future, the fate of the Empire, these things now belong to you.

Signatures:

To add them to your signature, copy the code below the signatures and delete the * in the [*IMG], [*URL], [*/URL] and [*/IMG] tags.

Imperial (old Empire):

Code:
    [*URL=http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=466481][*IMG]http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/950/sigempire.png[*/IMG][*/URL]
    Skyrim - 1:

Code:
    [*URL=http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=466481][*IMG]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/2387/skyrimsig.png[*/IMG][*/URL]
    Summerset:

Code:
    [*URL=http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=466481][*IMG]http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/79/summersetsig.png[*/IMG][*/URL]
    Empire (old Empire):

Code:
    [*URL=http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=466481][*IMG]http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/6508/empiresig.png[*/IMG][*/URL]
    I'm currently working on more sigs.
    Last edited by vercassivelaunos; January 04, 2012 at 04:19 AM.

GoodSmurfin's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Tamriel: Total War

Awesome I have been waiting for someone to make a TES tw, good luck.

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Awesome, can't wait to see how this progresses
    The map looks very big!

On what based Morrowind icon? Why on High Rock icon Daggerfall's logo?
    We are watching you, scum!

All latest news about Morrowind: Total War only in OUR FORUM
    Morrowind Total War on ModDB

The king of Morrowind is Hlaalu Helseth. And that wolf is his banner. In real it has the same colour as that of the Empire, so we chose another colour. High Rock will be split up into Daggerfall and Wayrest, when the progress is further. It is faster to do it like this, as we firstly only wanted to have High Rock. When it is split up, Daggerfall will have the banner seen above, and Wayrest will have one based on this.

Btw: We are searching for modellers. Please pm me,if you're interested.
    Last edited by vercassivelaunos; July 13, 2011 at 07:04 AM.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Looks promising, keep up the good work
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

This looks pretty good, and I am looking forward to an Elder Scrolls mod. I'm just worried about the fact that there seems to be a lot of them started but never finished. Sometimes I hate being pessimistic. Good Luck though, hope you guys are successful.
    Favorite Mods
    Thera, Call of Warhammer, Eras Total Conquest, Broken Crescent, Third Age Total War.
    Awaiting these Great Mods
    Dragonborn, Warcraft Total War, The Frontier, Faerun Total War, Dragonlance Total War, All Under Heaven, Planet War, Hyrule Total War, Murica Total War, Rising Sumer, Horsemen Of The Steppe.

It can't be anything to do with the setting. Many mods die. And those Elder Scrolls mods started by now were unlucky enough to belong to them. I hope this one will be more lucky.

Cesarz's Avatar Miles

It's about time somebody succeeded in making an elder scrolls mod, I've considered doing one myself, but then I remember I don't know a thing about modding...
    But enough about that, have some rep.

P.S I think I know who the secret faction is, I hope you know how to make good textures
    Also, Akthross: Total War has walking, talking cats in it (two different versions) it also has mages (!) and Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment has Roman legionaries, you could ask to borrow those.
    Last edited by Cesarz; July 19, 2011 at 04:33 PM.
    "Never trust a quote you find on the internet" - Niccolò Machiavelli

Heh, but it will be unlore( Mod about Tiber Septim's wars could be more interest and lore.
    We are watching you, scum!

All latest news about Morrowind: Total War only in OUR FORUM
    Morrowind Total War on ModDB

Mages are no problem. You give them the ammunition of greek fire throwers, and the animation of Naffatun. The legionaries could be interesting for the legion in Morrowind, as they look like "real" legionaries. I'd have to look, wether the cats in Akhtross look like Khajit. Thanks for the advice

ninja51's Avatar Biarchus

Man... this is going to be insane! Im betting on one of the Akaviri races being the secret faction, cant really imagine the Sload having huge regimented armies

I am really curious how it will all come together though. A couple of factions just dont seem to fit in in Medieval IIs open field battles. the Empire seems to be the only faction that would actually fight in set locations on cleared fields. Guess we'll just have to be patient though, I eagerly await new details, as you can probably tell i'm a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls.

Most factions would fit the battles. The Nord would be something like the Dans in Vanilla, of course with bonus in snow. Morrowind will have an allround army, which can be used anywhere. Argonians will have spearmen in masses, which are used best against cavalry. And cavalry should only be used in open fields, so the Argonians will fit those. Redguards prefer open combat, so they will also fit. The Bosmer will, however, be a faction with great advantages in forests. Their starting regions are full of forests, though. So this most likely won't be a problem.

Nice preview. Can't wait for the next one!

Looks exciting! However, if you want to do a Fourth Era mod, then you might want to wait for TESV before hammering out what the lore will be.

Cesarz's Avatar Miles

Is it possible to do conjurers and necromancers in the same way the wardogs were done in Rome?
    So you have a handler (conjurer) and instead of a dog, you have a scamp?

Looks exciting! However, if you want to do a Fourth Era mod, then you might want to wait for TESV before hammering out what the lore will be.
    It doesn't really need to be lore accurate does it?
    To be lore accurate, you'd need a lot more factions (Leyawiin and Bravil became little countries of their own).
    "Never trust a quote you find on the internet" - Niccolò Machiavelli

ChivalrousKiller's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah, this looks really awesome! Hope you'll release the mod eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golog View Post
    Skyrim will be set 200 years after Oblivion. Our mod, however, will be set right after the crisis. There is lore about that time. There's a book called "The infernal city". It says that the moon Baar Dau falls onto Vvardenfell, the Argonians conquer the rest of Morrowind. There's a civil war in Elsweyr, Summerset takes power in Valenwood, there's a civil war in Cyrodiil, after which a new emperor takes power. Furthermore, Bravil and Leyawiin become independent for a while and a rebel group called "the natives" emerges in the county of Skingrad. At the end, the empire looses Valenwood, Elsweyr, Summerset, Argonia and Morrowind. And the mages guild is dissolved, and the Blades are hunted by the empire for whatever reason. That's pretty much lore. Skyrim will possibly add even more. However, I don't think that anyone wants to play 200 years before the lore of Skyrim starts, so the things appearing in the preview will be included.

Is it possible to do conjurers and necromancers in the same way the wardogs were done in Rome?
    So you have a handler (conjurer) and instead of a dog, you have a scamp?
    I don't know if this works in Medieval 2, but it is a great idea.
    Last edited by vercassivelaunos; July 23, 2011 at 09:00 AM.

The THERA mod for Kingdoms has functional wardogs like the ones in Rome.

ninja51's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by vercassivelaunos View Post
    Most factions would fit the battles. The Nord would be something like the Dans in Vanilla, of course with bonus in snow. Morrowind will have an allround army, which can be used anywhere. Argonians will have spearmen in masses, which are used best against cavalry. And cavalry should only be used in open fields, so the Argonians will fit those. Redguards prefer open combat, so they will also fit. The Bosmer will, however, be a faction with great advantages in forests. Their starting regions are full of forests, though. So this most likely won't be a problem.
    What I mean is most of the races dont even field huge armies. I doubt the Argonians line up in formations and charge head on into a fight, the Bosmer I doubt would ever even fight outside of forests, and almost would never have huge formations of men. I know how the units could be outfitted and where they could get bonuses, but the problem is, a few races would never fight in the style Medieval II would require them to. Maybe a compromise would be making them all have the barbarian/untrained formation, less order and more spread out individuals.

Page 1 of 48 123456789101126 ... LastLast