Thread: Please help me, ETW won't work any more...

Icon4 Please help me, ETW won't work any more...

Hi all,

I'm new on this forum, but I'm a big fan of the MOD's Y'all mad I've installed some mods, but since yesterday my ETW game didn't work anymore? So I deleted the mods and Uninstalled the game and installed it again but still I get the error when I want to start it up! Can some one please help, because this game is one of my favourite. Does this error has something to do with the mods I installed? or deleted already... I use(d) Modmanager 1.5 If that is useful information and I installed the battlefield smoke mod 4.1 , native units, king mod ( based on george II ) and the realistic flags.

Can some one please help me, or give me any advise? I would really appreciate that!

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default Re: Please help me, ETW won't work any more...

Hi EasySix - whilst I am not familiar with this MOD I would expect that you will need to delete the user_script

first of try checking that there is no user_script left over

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

sometimes this folder is hidden, if you do not see it follow the instructions in this link
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial130.html

delete the user_script if there

try and re-launch the game

if that fails then open steam, go to your games library - right click ETW - click properties - local files - verify integrity of the local game cache

then try your game again
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Thank you so much it did help me!! I owe you one! now I gotta download everything again, but at least everything is working again!

no probs., glad it all worked fine - enjoy the MOD
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

It stopped working again?? I played it today and then I added some other MOD and it stopped working, so I deleted the User_Script again, but This didn't work so I did what you said on steam and verified integrity of the local game cache, but I didn't work so I went back to scripts and the User_script was back. I deleted again, but same story all over? Is there another way to get it started again?

Hi Easysix, you could try the following:-

locate and delete the Empire folder in

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly

you will then have no alternative but to go back and repeat the Steam verification step.

What was the other MOD you added?

Hi,
    I deleted all the other MOD except the Regalia of nations and realistic flags MOD, and then it worked again so I guess the other MOD can't work together or something like that. Here's the link of the other MOD : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260402
    So I added some of these texture MOD's but for some reason it can't run together or at all with the RON MOD?