Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: >> Custom Settlements; -- Barad-Dûr -- *PREVIEW IN FIRST POST*

Campidoctor

Default Re: >> Custom Settlements; -- Barad-Dûr -- *PREVIEW IN FIRST POST*

Okay guys, mark my words! I now assure you, that an awesome Barad-Dûr settlement will be finished!

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold' View Post
    Okay guys, mark my words! I now assure you, that an awesome Barad-Dûr settlement will be finished!
    soon?

haha i hope not too soon because perfection needs time

it all comes down to if he decides to do it in a couple large sittings or spaced out minor sittings.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold' View Post
    Well, don't we need a modder to deal with importing the settlement, fix pathing issues, and ensure that the AI can assault/defend the settlement effectively? Has someone made a committment to assist in these tasks, or are you perhaps being a smidge presumptuous?

I'd love to believe you, but it was just a day or two ago that you said that no one had stepped up to these tasks yet. Do we know for certain that we have Leo's permission to use his work?

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Love the smiley eye! And the lot!

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

This looks amazing! Truly great work all who have been involved.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by marceror View Post
    Well, don't we need a modder to deal with importing the settlement, fix pathing issues, and ensure that the AI can assault/defend the settlement effectively? Has someone made a committment to assist in these tasks, or are you perhaps being a smidge presumptuous?

I'd love to believe you, but it was just a day or two ago that you said that no one had stepped up to these tasks yet. Do we know for certain that we have Leo's permission to use his work?
    Again, leo made it as a custom settlement, and fixed that pathfinding and all that, so It shouldn't be impossible for another modder to do it again. And I've never said anything about us, asking a modder, I said that no texturere had stepped out for the task yet. And we certaintly hope that a modder will fix it, though we haven't asked anyone yet. We wanna see it textured first.

And leo stated, that he and I was partners, and er were both owning this settlement; so we practicly have permission to it. But he told me all the time that all he wished, before he (...) Was to see this settlement done, so I really don't see the problem in finishing it.

well, concerning the "permission", I don't think that Leo wants his work to rot away.
    he started this to see his settlement included in the game, so I think he would surely give permission, if he was here.
    sad that he isn't anymore currently.

Quote Originally Posted by marceror View Post

Scepticism can´t be big enough for this settlement thingy...

@creators
    Again - I tell you it´s fairly more work involved than just modelling and texturing!
    Even if you now get a model with decent textures with appropriate sizes, a decent level of details/quality done, you still haven´t count in the setting-up of attributes, the bug fixing and all other mess.
    The bug fixing is usually a thing that takes a lot of time. (e.g. I am sure the 'texturing rules' of settlements are not adhered - as this happens quite easily; this issue alone will cause a lot of extra work to fix)

I barely understand why you are not sparing yourself any superlatives and just keep crafting this thing in silent, and if it is really finished once you can show what you have.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Devils_Advocate View Post
    Scepticism can´t be big enough for this settlement thingy...

@creators
    Again - I tell you it´s fairly more work involved than just modelling and texturing!
    Even if you now get a model with decent textures with appropriate sizes, a decent level of details/quality done, you still haven´t count in the setting-up of attributes, the bug fixing and all other mess.
    The bug fixing is usually a thing that takes a lot of time. (e.g. I am sure the 'texturing rules' of settlements are not adhered - as this happens quite easily; this issue alone will cause a lot of extra work to fix)

I barely understand why you are not sparing yourself any superlatives and just keep crafting this thing in silent, and if it is really finished once you can show what you have.
    it's true, that with leo gone, things seem a little problematic, and I'm constantly trying to contact him. Because the way he explained the settlement to me, he seemed completely done with the path/bugfixing and I Quote him:

Now things with Barad Dûr is done, now I only need your textures!!!
    He even began on a new settlement in the meantime, Thranduils Halls, so yea.

I don't think the halls ever get besieged. Never played a game where it got the bad.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Well, hello again for all you guys.

Of course you do have my permission to continue it.
    If there is someone trying to continue the project I would like it of course. Though now, I dont consider it more as "my project".

Still I dont understand why some guys here take it so serious like if it was something professional or involving money. Its just a 3d model and it gave me lots of fun to do it.

Some people here insisted in discredit me saying I could never finish the project because I did not understand the amount of work involved.

Well I've always made it clear that I did not know texturing and needed someone to do it.
    My part is done, a complete 3d model of bard dur and yes, it was working ingame (pathfinding etc.) last time I tryied it. Then I was posting my progress to see if someone got interested in texturing it.

Last month I was involved in some work with the transport system for the new World Cup Stadium (for 2014 soccer cup) in the city Im currently working (Salvador) and that was quite interesting but even for this I had to give up because of my conditions. Now I hae to deal with much more serious questions.
    Actually, when I started moddeling (december 2010) my health was becoming bad and nowadays my health problems are pratically taking me out of my job, I'm learning to deal with the fact that some things simply can not be resolved in this life. And this is not easy for a 24 years old guy to accept.

Funny, now that Im back I can remember how I love that mod and how Im a KK fan. I would like to have the 3.0 version right now, specially now.

So I give you my best wishes and hope you will finish it. Take the model and finish it and then, if my conditions avoid, I would be happy to place it all in IWTE and finish the settlement.

PS: its long ago since KK or Devil's Advocate didnt post anything new on settlements so I guess, and hope, that they are comming with new good material soon.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; July 17, 2011 at 03:34 PM.

Campidoctor

Roger that leo!

soo, how's it going?

Yeesh, give them some space to breathe. They only just got started on this again.

Leo, nice to see you back lurking. Best wishes to you on your health situation.

Hey Leo, welcome back. I hope everything goes well regarding your health. ...and the settlement as well

haha i do not want to rush them, i am just curious

Get well Leo! We appreciate your work more than you know

It looks awesome already

Trees? Grass? Where's the black ash, man? Where's the lava? And what's with the awesome smiley?
    Kidding. Good work, keep it up.
    Last edited by NickTheGreek3; July 21, 2011 at 05:09 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast