Page 7 of 231 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Originally posted by mzocker@Jan 11 2005, 10:22 PM
    Sorry,

I found something else:
    Can you see the black stripes on the new shields?

I see it, but I do not have these black stripes. Strange......everyone else got them?
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

The black outlines seem to show in some systems but not all. You can see the screenshots I posted in the earlier pages of this thread showing no similar glitch.

If you guys want the legions with the flat oval shield download the complete legionary set on page 4 called 'Legionaries.zip'. That one has all 4 legionary types including the flat ovalshield early legionary.

Anyway for those having trouble with the new packs. Go back down the thread and download the individual units/sets I've posted last week. Those have been around long enough for people to see the bugs if any. But they lack any gloss files.

For the new Guard units, remember to change the 'soldier' entry in the 'export_descr_unit.txt' as well as weapons for the Guard Archer version.

For those having that strange outline glitch on the early legionary oval shield type. I expanded the alpha a little bit. on the textures. Tell me if it works, ok.

Somebody asked for a none pilum throwing Legionary cavalry so here it is.

Originally posted by GODzilla+Jan 11 2005, 11:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td> (GODzilla @ Jan 11 2005, 11:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mzocker@Jan 11 2005, 10:08 PM
    @ GODzilla

There is an error in your full package:

The Legionary Cohorts and the First Legionary Cohorts use the same textures
    The Early Legionary Cohorts and the Early First Legionary Cohorts use the same model AND the same textures.

And you forgot to say in your readme that the numidian and eastern Legionarys must use the model of the Early First Legionary Cohorts

And in the old verion of the praetorian and urban cohorts the praetorians use the black and the urban the silver textures and models. Now it is switched. Is this correct?
    Use photoshop + dds-plugin and you will surely spot the differences. I know they are litte, but they are present&#33; Also these are not my textures, ferres made them .

I did no tests with the legionaries of other nations than the romans, yeah. Is it really a problem? It&#39;s quite easy if you wish f.i. the numidian legionaries to use the old cas-file, you have to implent them as new unit, with a little difference in the name and then change the name in the "export_descr_unit.txt". I will try this tomorrow at if it works it will definitelly found it way into newer version and readme . [/b][/quote]
    Yes I see the difference.

But look into the readme for the first cohorts that you made. There is an error with the model and textures you use in the readme. Thats what i mean. I fix this in my descr_model_battle. I just wanna say it to you, so you can fix this in the full package.
    I only want help you guys.

And for the praetorians. Which one are the right skins and models? In the full package the urban kohorts are the black and the praetorians the silver one. In the single file it was switched.

Originally posted by ferres@Jan 12 2005, 03:08 AM
    For those having that strange outline glitch on the early legionary oval shield type. I expanded the alpha a little bit. on the textures. Tell me if it works, ok.
    It work&#39;s now&#33; Thanks.

Yeah, GODzilla switched the models and textures of the Urbans and Praetorians so the Urbans get the dark armour. You&#39;ll need to switch models or do a &#39;soldier&#39; redirect in the &#39;export_descr_unit.txt&#39; file. I guess he wanted the Praetrian cohorts and Praetorian cavalry to match.

Originally posted by ferres@Jan 12 2005, 10:59 AM
    Yeah, GODzilla switched the models and textures of the Urbans and Praetorians so the Urbans get the dark armour. You&#39;ll need to switch models or do a &#39;soldier&#39; redirect in the &#39;export_descr_unit.txt&#39; file. I guess he wanted the Praetrian cohorts and Praetorian cavalry to match.
    No I don&#39;t think so.

I think the files are wrong named. Could that be?

I would not know about the changes he made.

You could just download the original version I posted in the 3rd page of the thread and just apply the suitable gloss for it.

Odd, the belt seems to be missing from the dark armoured unit. *OD*

@ferres

can you have look to this link? Can you make Early Legionarys looking like them?

THERE ARE A LOT OF BIG PICTURES&#33;&#33;&#33;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index...howtopic=19068

Mhm......no e-mail-notification, strange.

Ok, first: I really changed the textures of the praetorian and urban cohort, imho it&#39;s better this way. The black urban has got the belt, the praetorians not. Black is beatifull *gg*.

@mzocker: Maybe I&#39;m blind or stupid or both *gg*, but I don&#39;t see the point. In my readme the "early first legionary cohort" and the "early legionary cohort" do not use the same texture and model. See:KLICK

Also the textures are not quite the same (the shield is different) --&#62; KLICK

So plz, if I&#39;m really so slow on the uptake, explain it to me ^^.

@ferres: Feel free to send me new texture or moddified textures, so that I can keep the pack up to date.
    GODzilla(TM)

@ Godzilla

can you give me your Email, so we can talk german. My english isn&#39;t good enough.

Originally posted by mzocker@Jan 12 2005, 02:12 PM
    @ Godzilla

can you give me your Email, so we can talk german. My english isn&#39;t good enough.
    Sorry, but my german isn&#39;t good enough *gg* lol :

E-Mail: Fred.Hakman@gmx.de

GODzilla(TM)

@Ferres

Do any of the textures in the "package" differ from the ones you previously released? Also, which models have changed?

Thanks to mzocker for giving me the hint that the numidian and armenian early legionary cohorts are wastet after changing the textures and models of the
    "roman_legionary_cohort_i". I wrote a fix, here you go: Right click & Save to or just read

@Kyoujin:

I think I can answer this: No, the textures themselve did not change.

The files were only renamed to fit the original names. This was necessary for easy insertion of gloss (just used the prevously released gloss files, created some new)

Also I interchanged some textures and models, f.i. I interchanged the urban cohort and praetorian cohort textures and models.

Readme is now present extensively, to make it easier for noo....ehm.....beginners *gg*.

THAT&#39;S ALL
    GODzilla(TM)

brainlessmonkey

&#39;Bout that black strips on the shields... It is the gloss texture problem. Cause GODzilla didn&#39;t create new ones, but used existed gloss textures. So this black strips is just a glossed edges of the shield. To remove this simple open PS and remove the shields from gloss textures.

Originally posted by GODzilla@Jan 12 2005, 07:35 AM

Ok, first: I really changed the textures of the praetorian and urban cohort, imho it&#39;s better this way. The black urban has got the belt, the praetorians not. Black is beatifull *gg*.

Salve GODzilla,

As a variation, for those who prefer a Balteus & Cingulum with all Legionary, Praetorian & Urban units... could you please give the Balteus & Cingulum back to the Praetorian Cohort and post the texture file?... thanks

Also, could you please correct the gloss texture files to remove the Early Legionary Scuta?.. so that the black gloss edge lines will go away... thanks

Vale, Dux of Earl

webbird's Avatar Senator

Ferres, i had a close look at your textures and made a decision. I don`t make versions of my skins for your cas files, because they are real beautys and whoever uses them should also use your wonderful skins.

I am sure i have inspired you sometimes with my work and you inspired me at my new skinpacks which i have uploaded right now. Greek_cities, Seleucid and Macedon.

Greetings&#33;

Hey ferres my friend. I love your work. I never want to play without them.

But can you do me a favour? Can you remove the greaves from the auxiliary achers?
    And can you please make auxiliary infantery looking like the guys on the left side, just with a spear?

I think that is more historical. Like those guys

What do you think?