Page 6 of 231 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

Originally posted by Jan Kazimierz@Jan 10 2005, 02:46 PM
    The Generals bodyguard seems to have these feathers on their helmets, which i never heard of. can you explain to me wether this is original and realistic, and if so, if you have some evidence of it?

Secondly, i hope to see some shots of the senates troops.. Are these lovely chaps going to be in black again, or are they going to have some sort of purple? Maybe not as brightly as the orignial CA version senate colour, but maybe some darkend version perhaps?
    There are evidence of feathers or side plumes on legionary helms. Visit any site showcasing actual roman gear and they'll show slots for side plumes.

The work I did is more like an 'idealized' version of a post Augustus legions rather than Ceasarian noting that the Imperial Gallic/ Itallic helms were introduced well after the game supposedly ended. But this doesn't mean I would not make some Ceasarian legions at some point, perhaps after the patch comes out. Aesthetically speaking, the jagged style hamata looks better than the straight version, for me anyway. :

The senate got a dulled down purple. They wear mostly white tunic with the purple stripes.

Since GODzilla will be out of action for a little while, I might as well post the new 'Guard' units to complete this mod.

Hopefully it won't be too long before GODzilla will post the complete mod with all the gloss eyecandy.
    :

P.s. I've found some errors on the previous version of the Guard units. It may have been caused during file transfer since the problem was not with the original files. I've attached a new version.

Could it be that there is a problem with the bodyguards?

When I wanna play the game with the new one, I always get an error, that the model for the bodyguards could not be found.

Which guard version?

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Hey hey, don't declare me dead : .

I promised to finish it today and it IS finish! Knowing it'll take some time for the upload to twc, I temporary uploaded it to my webspace, as a three-piece rar-file (you need WIN-RAR or something similar). Here you go:

PART1

PART2

PART3

I can not guarantee that's there's no traffic limit, because this is a limited webspace (64 megs) for a homepage, not really a file-server. Maybe freenet will lock the webspace if there's too much traffic....

Anyway, I wish you fun (I had mine allready *gg*).
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

GODzilla, could you check your version of the Guard units. I've tested the guard archers I got from you and it had a model error with the 'high' cas. The feathers disappeared up close, others may have experienced ctd.

The error may have been caused during file transfer. Your version could be fine but check to be sure.

Originally posted by ferres@Jan 11 2005, 03:00 PM
    GODzilla, could you check your version of the Guard units. I've tested the guard archers I got from you and it had a model error with the 'high' cas. The feathers disappeared up close, others may have experienced ctd.

The error may have been caused during file transfer. Your version could be fine but check to be sure.
    Oh dear, I've seen this just a few minutes ago on my brothers PC. Argh....I'll check it. Maybe I mixed the cas files, after implenting it to my rtw, because I think it works perfect with my rtw.....I'll check it
    GODzilla(TM)

Oh, almost forgot. Check the Guard archers gloss. Some of the chain mail is showing over the feather plume.

That's strange, I got zero problems with the guard archers! I downloaded the packs I uploaded a few minutes ago, to check if the file transfer has been harmfull to the files. I then used the "Archer_guard..." cas files and everything was ok. See here:

Also I don't understand what you mean with you last post, maybe you could show it with a screenshot . Be aware, that gloss is not perfect, I know that. I'm not able to modify the gloss files, I just use the ones from the normal units. You're the man for modifiy them *gg*.
    GODzilla(TM)

I mean the guard version from the late General

Originally posted by mzocker@Jan 11 2005, 03:40 PM
    I mean the guard version from the late General
    Donwload the full package and use the special readme. I suppose you didn't change the normal "general guard" in the export_descr_unit.txt" .
    GODzilla(TM)

Pciture of descr_model_battle.txt. and export_descr_unit.txt

I use the right soldiermodel, but here on this picture there was the old name. I forgot to rename it back when I made this picture.

What full package?

The plumes are strangely missing. This is what the guard archers look like. See pic below.

mzocker, the soldier does not correspond to the right models. It should say:
    soldier roman_praetorian_guard_cavalry, 12, 0, 1

Can't see you response.

Originally posted by ferres@Jan 11 2005, 02:13 AM
    Since GODzilla will be out of action for a little while, I might as well post the new 'Guard' units to complete this mod.

Hopefully it won't be too long before GODzilla will post the complete mod with all the gloss eyecandy.
    :

P.s. I've found some errors on the previous version of the Guard units. It may have been caused during file transfer since the problem was not with the original files. I've attached a new version.
    i can make the unnits but crashes win i enter a battle loads upo tp like 80% then crashes to desk top

this is what my Battle txt reads
    descr_model_battle:File

type roman_guard_archer_cavalry
    skeleton fs_hc_archer, fs_hc_swordsman
    indiv_range 40
    texture romans_julii, data/models_unit/textures/ferres/unit_roman_guard_archer_julii.tga
    texture romans_brutii, data/models_unit/textures/ferres/unit_roman_guard_archer_brutii.tga
    texture romans_scipii, data/models_unit/textures/ferres/unit_roman_guard_archer_scipii.tga
    texture romans_senate, data/models_unit/textures/ferres/unit_roman_guard_archer_senate.tga
    model_flexi data/models_unit/Guard_archer_high.cas, 15
    model_flexi data/models_unit/Guard_archer_med.cas, 30
    model_flexi data/models_unit/Guard_archer_low.cas, 40
    model_flexi data/models_unit/Guard_archer_lowest.cas, max
    model_sprite romans_senate, 60.0, data/sprites/romans_senate_roman_medium_cavalry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite romans_scipii, 60.0, data/sprites/romans_scipii_roman_medium_cavalry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite romans_brutii, 60.0, data/sprites/romans_brutii_roman_medium_cavalry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite romans_julii, 60.0, data/sprites/romans_julii_roman_medium_cavalry_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

type roman_praetorian_guard_cavalry
    skeleton fs_hc_spearman, fs_hc_swordsman
    indiv_range 40
    texture romans_julii, data/models_unit/textures/ferres/unit_roman_praetorian_guard_julii.tga
    texture romans_brutii, data/models_unit/textures/ferres/unit_roman_praetorian_guard_brutii.tga
    texture romans_scipii, data/models_unit/textures/ferres/unit_roman_praetorian_guard_scipii.tga
    texture romans_senate, data/models_unit/textures/ferres/unit_roman_praetorian_guard_senate.tga
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/Guard_Cavalry_high.cas, 15
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/Guard_Cavalry_med.cas, 30
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/Guard_Cavalry_low.cas, 40
    model_flexi data/models_unit/Guard_Cavalry_lowest.cas, max
    model_sprite romans_senate, 60.0, data/sprites/romans_senate_roman_praetorian_cavalry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite romans_scipii, 60.0, data/sprites/romans_scipii_roman_praetorian_cavalry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite romans_brutii, 60.0, data/sprites/romans_brutii_roman_praetorian_cavalry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite romans_julii, 60.0, data/sprites/romans_julii_roman_praetorian_cavalry_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

am i missing some thing or got some thing out of place?

I found my error. I didn't place the new entry for the guard on the bottom of the file. I placed it in the roman section.

All new units must be on the bottom of the file!!!

@ GODzilla

There is an error in your full package:

The Legionary Cohorts and the First Legionary Cohorts use the same textures
    The Early Legionary Cohorts and the Early First Legionary Cohorts use the same model AND the same textures.

And you forgot to say in your readme that the numidian and eastern Legionarys must use the model of the Early First Legionary Cohorts

And in the old verion of the praetorian and urban cohorts the praetorians use the black and the urban the silver textures and models. Now it is switched. Is this correct?

Sorry,

I found something else:
    Can you see the black stripes on the new shields?

Originally posted by mzocker@Jan 11 2005, 10:08 PM
    @ GODzilla

There is an error in your full package:

The Legionary Cohorts and the First Legionary Cohorts use the same textures
    The Early Legionary Cohorts and the Early First Legionary Cohorts use the same model AND the same textures.

And you forgot to say in your readme that the numidian and eastern Legionarys must use the model of the Early First Legionary Cohorts

And in the old verion of the praetorian and urban cohorts the praetorians use the black and the urban the silver textures and models. Now it is switched. Is this correct?
    Use photoshop + dds-plugin and you will surely spot the differences. I know they are litte, but they are present! Also these are not my textures, ferres made them .

I did no tests with the legionaries of other nations than the romans, yeah. Is it really a problem? It's quite easy if you wish f.i. the numidian legionaries to use the old cas-file, you have to implent them as new unit, with a little difference in the name and then change the name in the "export_descr_unit.txt". I will try this tomorrow at if it works it will definitelly found it way into newer version and readme .
    GODzilla(TM)