Thread: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

atila9000's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

im following that tutorial, but i checked at the ZIP IMPERIAL ROMAN SET file. i took the first cohort late unit. inside that folder, there are 6 files and 1 folder: WEISNAU_LEGIONARY_LOWEST.cas WEISNAU_LEGIONARY_LOW.cas WEISNAU_LEGIONARY_MED.cas WEISNAU_LEGIONARY_HIGH.cas WEISNAU_LEGIONARY_HIGH02.cas TEXTURE(folder).
    inside Texture > NU_PRAETORIANS_INF_GLOSS.TGA NU_PRAETORIANS_INF_GLOSS.TGA.DDS NU_Praetorians_INF_Julii.TGA.dds NU_Praetorians_INF_Scipii.TGA.dds NU_Praetorians_INF_Senate.TGA.dds
    now my question, where do i place those files??

Default Re: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

well , if you are new in this of adding units to your RTW, you can check the first post of KLA (in this skin,models and animations thread) hereīs a very good tutorial.
    The .cas files have to be in your data/models_unit folder in your RTW carpet. The .tga.dds giles have to be in the data/models_unit/textures carpet.
    or check briefly the last link of LiquidSantanero in the last page.
    Luck!
    Last edited by --Itzabalam--; December 08, 2011 at 09:30 PM.

hey. is there a textures folder in the models unit one???????????
    i only have the attachments one!!!
    could you upload the textures folder so i can place it at my models unit folder, please???

problem solved. great textures mate!!! but i have one problem, the units appear to be at the lowest quality, although i have the unit quality at maximum. any ideas about that??

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Hello, the packs in this thread are great. I had a few problems implementing the overhand animation on the greek pack but i was able to resolve it with the RS II animation folder and the fs_o_f_spearman.
    fs_s1_hoplite had them stabbing with their spearbutts. just thought i shared that

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

yeah, signiferone's fs_s1_hoplite doesn't work with these models, you need the modified one.

i cant install the greek retexture. any help?

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

retexture ?

LiquidSantanero's Avatar Miles
    Aruba, (in the Caribean, not Middle-East)

Hi everyone, been away awhile. Just dropped by to say Merry Christmas, a bit late I know, and a Happy New Year. Milner, Algaman, Kyllan, Ferres and all the other that I didn't mention, I wish you all a prosperous new year and also continue to amaze us with your models/skins. Wish you all the best!!

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

I am quite surprised in flavian winter roman pack you haven't created a praetorian prefect skin as that would be very cool if that individual unit was added to command the Praetorians in Italy, while i could keep my legionaries on the frontier.

Maybe he could look like Quintus out of Gladiator lol

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Algaman View Post
    Hi guys!
    Kylan and me, teamed up, trying to make a new update of the ptolemaics roster, besides we are workin for some Epirus pack too.
    Just a few pictures of my work...
    A new skin and models for the original Egypt-Classical_hvy from the ptolemaics pack
    every unit will have high, med, low and lowest.cas models
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

the ui, with some variation

Hope u like it!
    If u like to see more picture about our progress, visit Kylan271īs thread!!

Regards!!!!
    like it? love it! gorgeous unit!

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Been busy with Xmas,so delayed here. We are limited in greek types I learnt,ie the attic phalanx have large shields so only the phyrigian ones we can use. I have to use the Algaman type Sacred band of Tanit for Greek_Cities units to seperate tehm from other greeks. It gets boring otherwise if all cloned. So Visi try looking at Tanit Band and change the armour around and you'll see. He has made a unti with no cloak also in CathUpdate2.

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

hello, friends! happy new year for all of us!!!!! sorry for the delay... and thanx vis, for the kind comments as always!
    Iīm in my digital workshop again, so kylie letīs make a hell of the new pack!
    Regards, see u soon!

PROUD TEAM MEMBER

About the officers like centurions and standard bearers do you have to add them to export_descr_enums, export_descr_buildings, export_units, which i shouldn't think so and just only export_descr_unit and descr_model_battle??

jackwei, to add officers you only need to edit "export_descr_unit" and "descr_model_battle", the officers have not descriptions, so you don't need to edit "export_units". The "enums" files are out of use by the game...

Happy new year to everybody too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by milner View Post
    jackwei, to add officers you only need to edit "export_descr_unit" and "descr_model_battle", the officers have not descriptions, so you don't need to edit "export_units". The "enums" files are out of use by the game...

Happy new year to everybody too!!!
    Thanks mate it it looks like i was going the right way after all cheers +

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Hiyah all,sorry I have had to sort out the models from Algie,Milner and Ferres,and none too easy as scattered. I do not know what has happened to HAP,but I did notice the upgraded Republicans which you Algie and Milner should be repped for,as the hands and pilum are detailed!

The ugly side of moddling is stats..aghhhhhhhhhhhhh. I use EDU-matic with .75x armour value to match vanilla armours,ie Cataphracts are at 18,but way higher in EDU-matic. Republicans are a mess as Ferres forgotsie some units,ie did you notice the Legionary Cohort i is missing,but you get a Legionary First Cohort. You have to use the old 1.5 one to fill in. Because there are Winter Post Marius units,you need the winter pre marians,you use the Augustine Legions,gallic types for that.

Based on TE,I submit the following samples to look at. I have sample building uses for them also. It is not historical,but I do not want to waste good models so have Republican Praetorians,Urbans,Vigiles and normal legions,winter&summer.

The units refered to are from HAP and Ferres(also 1.5).

@Kylan271
    HAP is on progress, it isnīt dead or something. We just gave us some vacation for rest of ordinary life and take another breath for this year.
    Good work mate, continue modding!
    And continue specting for new releases, because the sea of the Egean sea will come

Metaluis90's Avatar Ordinarius

your links are dead due the megaupload shut down, will you reupload them?
    "Rules without exceptions last eternally; Roman Law is the only law"
    "The mighty sword in mighty Roman hands"

Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    Hiyah all,sorry I have had to sort out the models from Algie,Milner and Ferres,and none too easy as scattered. I do not know what has happened to HAP,but I did notice the upgraded Republicans which you Algie and Milner should be repped for,as the hands and pilum are detailed!

The ugly side of moddling is stats..aghhhhhhhhhhhhh. I use EDU-matic with .75x armour value to match vanilla armours,ie Cataphracts are at 18,but way higher in EDU-matic. Republicans are a mess as Ferres forgotsie some units,ie did you notice the Legionary Cohort i is missing,but you get a Legionary First Cohort. You have to use the old 1.5 one to fill in. Because there are Winter Post Marius units,you need the winter pre marians,you use the Augustine Legions,gallic types for that.

Based on TE,I submit the following samples to look at. I have sample building uses for them also. It is not historical,but I do not want to waste good models so have Republican Praetorians,Urbans,Vigiles and normal legions,winter&summer.

The units refered to are from HAP and Ferres(also 1.5).
    Hi, Kylan .

The new republican's pack is coming soon...don't worry about it, but it comes with many other changes, not only more details hands, pilum and other elements.... These new republicans were made for the next release of Roma Vicit, later they'll appear here in a single pack.

About HAP...well, we can talk about it in HAP thread...this is not the correct thread , and we must to let this thread only to talk about the Ferres models...i think (don't you believe that i'm angry, it's only that i'm on a personal reflection).

Regards.
    Last edited by Milner; January 24, 2012 at 08:54 AM.