Thread: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

Default Re: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

AWSOME!
    Probably my favourite roman infantry skins!!

Default Re: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

amazing roman units!

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

Hello, there
    Thank you guys for all the kind words, the support and enthusiasm!
    It is my pleasure to add new units to the ferres thread, and I´m happy u like my work!

Thanks again,
    Winter is here.
    Regards!

PROUD TEAM MEMBER

Meraun's Avatar Decanus

Hey

Your work is great! +rep

I have a questiom: can i combine your skins to the classic age mod? Or will the game crush?

where do i put the Ptolemiac Egyptian skins, it gives no readme file

LiquidSantanero's Avatar Miles
    Aruba, (in the Caribean, not Middle-East)

I'm Speechless.......

It is really an awesome work!
    Actually, however this is not the right topic, could anybody tell how to unpack Rome Total War packs? There is not such thing like unpacker included.
    Thank you in advance very much!

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

It's the Unpacker in downloads-RTW era files. This question belongs to another section though,just check in future the various threads and see which one is most relevant to your querry. I had to learn myself when I started.

Are you going to continue this work adding more units to the Roman or any other faction?

Discussion is about updating the ptolemaics and barbarians. And yes,I am trying to work with Algaman on this,same with Milner. Because the FERRES thread has grown,we are trying to sort the model types into a better central location,ie "FERRES DESIGN WORKS". Reason being Ferres is not around much to update his models and sort them out in this thread,so I am attempting it.

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

Hi guys!
    Kylan and me, teamed up, trying to make a new update of the ptolemaics roster, besides we are workin for some Epirus pack too.
    Just a few pictures of my work...
    A new skin and models for the original Egypt-Classical_hvy from the ptolemaics pack
    every unit will have high, med, low and lowest.cas models
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

the ui, with some variation

Hope u like it!
    If u like to see more picture about our progress, visit Kylan271´s thread!!

Regards!!!!

PROUD TEAM MEMBER

Oh wow,greatful. This is a WIP as we need to test the clothing patterns,sadly distorted on the bottom when in game,and armour&shield matching.

Greaves -complete,found in Ferres Design Works. Made it so each faction has a more unique greave type,and not just copying each other.
    Shields -working on it,one sample here.
    Clothing -default orange for Hellenics,and default yellow for Machimoi and Nubians. I have some 'egyptian' style geometric patterns for clothing,but they get ruined on the bottom of the clothing as you can see above screens. Have to use trial and error and see what can be used?
    Skin colour -there are 3 skin tones,hellenic,nubian and machimoi. We have only pale skin machimoi types,but I found Salvor Hardin with the better skin colour for Ferres in RGvs4 mod. I will see if he can let us use his version,with due credit.

Again thanks Algaman. ^_*

There is a problem with the Ptolemaic army which I forgot to mention,in that there are 3 types of Egyptian,being Nubian,Machimoi,and Hellenics,so if you duplicate each you get 3 versions of each unit which limits your DMB slots-even if you use a merc slot,you still have 1 extra you have to use up. The suggestion in using FERRES models,I think the Machimoi & Nubians use the Sidon(? not sure exact type)style helmet and the Hellenics use the Attic version. This helps space out the units and makes the variations more unique. Historicaly the Machimoi where given limited use in the Ptolemaic armies,except later on against the Seleucids,so if possible use the Machimoi attics as 'reform' units,if you can script it as used in EB and I think RS-2? RS-2 has a more detailed approach to Hoplite types and found in their threads for guidance and historical data. For FERRES we have to find a way to add the units in game without taking up excessive slots. So this is a suggestion. Other option being ALEX.exe(513 slots,but RTW 255).

Added some skin tones historically and FERRES review.
    Last edited by Kylan271; November 08, 2011 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Updating

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

Hello there, friends!
    Yey, Kylan has a good point and helpfull info as allways!
    So I´d like to share the last promo art I made, from a future (far future) pack I´d like to add to ferresverse.
    Right now, I´m working for the new update of the ptolemaic roster, and the epirus pack and a celtic one later (wow lucky me I joined forces with Kylan!)
    But still I have the Spartan pack on carpet too...
    Hope u like it!

Regards!

PROUD TEAM MEMBER

Damn that is cool. Milner would be rapt also ^_*. I am stressed trying to find variation for the greeks,as in Greek Cities type-for me Achaen League. The HaP geto hellenic types look promising and these you feature. Wow........ I will try to fix the ptolemaic skins this Sunday so you we can figure some things out what to use?

Ah, Ferres... How do you do the screens with legions???

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

WoW!!! Nice job!!! Keep the good work! +rep

another excellent work guys!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Very beautiful work Algaman and Kylan! It´s great to see update for ptolemaic roster and new Epirus roster. I really like the aspis pattern in the third picture of these ptolemaic soldier, excellent work! Do you have plans to update also the seleucid roster too? Also will you release it as separate unit packs, or will you release it as part of some mod?

atila9000's Avatar Decanus

is there any tutorial on how to install the CESARIAN SET, and the IMPERIAL ROMAN SET?

LiquidSantanero's Avatar Miles
    Aruba, (in the Caribean, not Middle-East)

Quote Originally Posted by atila9000 View Post
    is there any tutorial on how to install the CESARIAN SET, and the IMPERIAL ROMAN SET?
    Since it doesn't have an auto installer, you must install it manually.
    Here is a link: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...-for-beginners

Good Luck!!