Thread: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Default Re: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

NOW THAT IS ART! BEST ROMANS I'VE EVER SEEN!

sorry for caps but enthusiasm is high! now those are Romans!

can't wait to play them against Dacians or other "Barbarians"! In winter!

Default Re: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

Yup-The best Romans I have ever seen too!!!!

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

Hello there, friends!!!!
    Today is the day!
    Finally... Winter is here!!!
    After a lot of work, effort and mistakes, I give you the Flavian Winter Romans pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19 units, plus a bonus unit and 17 officers!!!!!
    and skins for julii, scipii, senate, brutii and slave factions!
    yey!
    the praetorian screen shows my point!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You must own this legions, look a few units and officers you will have:

Special thanks:
    to Ferres, the master of this thread, thanks to his incredible work and talent, without it, this release couldn´t be possible.
    Thanks to my good friend Milner, he searched a lot of historic refferences for me, he helped me a lot with suggestions and support as well Kylan and E.D.
    A big and huge thank you to all the good posting people of this thread, thanks for the support, advices, tips and suggestions, I apreciate it a lot!!!!!!!!!

Ok, friends, please, take a little look to the new ui for all units, here:

d`u want to know what unit is the bonus unit? Well , what are you waiting for? download this pack right now!!!!!

With no more delay the downolad link to this pack!
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DWY5BQPL

And as I bored you so many times....
    winter is here!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope u like it
    Enjoy!
    Regards!!!!!!

PROUD TEAM MEMBER

The winter division is Here!

Yay !!! Finally !!! Winter is here !
    Macedon1an's Workshop | Germanic Unit Pack | HRTW | Macedonia Rises Again

"With the blood we shed all over the Macedonian fields and forests, we serve freedom, as the Macedonian army of Alexander of Macedon did, with our slogan “Freedom or Death!"" - From the Constitution of the Macedonian Kresna Uprising, 1878

This is the best army to fight vs marcomani and dacian tribes ...it's a masterpiece, bro...all my respect .

Simply fantastic. Is in an archer unit apart from the Britannic auxilia??

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

oh my God! oh my God! guess you guys have to reach the next level to take the bonus unit!

amazing!

UchihaMadara21's Avatar Tiro

Hi!!! i'm new here, that's my 1st post!!!....i just downloaded your unit pack, it's AMAZING!!!...but i'm having some problems...i changed my Vanilla Roman General to the "Maximus" one, and it worked well, but when i tried to do the same on my "Sparta: Total War" mod it looked weird...the general hadn't a cape, the head was deformed and the helmet hadn't a crest....what's wrong???...i dunno if i'm posting on the right thread, but help me plz!!!
    Last edited by UchihaMadara21; September 21, 2011 at 12:23 AM.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

The texture is different if the cas is wrong. You have to check the cas is the correct one? And welcome to the forums! Also congrats on your ability to mod the files ^_*.

I have d/l the winter pack,but bugger are there any skates? Heh ^_*. Very appreciated. I am trying to compile the Dacians & Thracians now.

Awesome!!!!! im speechless, i pray for more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    The texture is different if the cas is wrong. You have to check the cas is the correct one? And welcome to the forums! Also congrats on your ability to mod the files ^_*.

I have d/l the winter pack,but bugger are there any skates? Heh ^_*. Very appreciated. I am trying to compile the Dacians & Thracians now.
    It's right...i checked it!!!....on "Sparta: Total War", all the roman army is unified (so Julii, Scipii, Brutii and Senate are all one), but when you go to a Custom Battle, the "S.P.Q.R." takes the place of the "Brutii" faction (STW is focused on greeks)...so, logically, i changed the "Brutii" General on RTW/SPARTA/data/descr_model_battle, and used the "maximus_BRUTII" texture...it looked like that:

type roman_general
    skeleton fs_dagger
    skeleton_horse fs_hc_swordsman
    skeleton_elephant fs_forest_elephant_rider
    skeleton_chariot fs_chariot_sword
    skeleton_camel fs_hc_swordsman
    scale 1.10
    indiv_range 40
    texture romans_julii, data/models_unit/textures/officer_roman_general_scipii.tga
    texture romans_senate, data/models_unit/textures/officer_roman_general_julii.tga
    texture romans_scipii, data/models_unit/textures/officer_roman_general_brutii.tga
    texture romans_brutii, SPARTA/data/models_unit/textures/maximus_BRUTII.tga
    ;texture slave, data/models_unit/textures/officer_roman_general_rebel.tga ;MISSING
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/officer_roman_general_high.cas, 15
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/officer_roman_general_med.cas, 30
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/officer_roman_general_low.cas, 40
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/MAXIMUS.cas, max
    model_sprite 60.0, data/sprites/roman_general_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5

So...i don't get it....WHY the model looked "incomplete"???...
    Last edited by UchihaMadara21; September 21, 2011 at 01:09 PM.

You have to put the MAXIMUS.cas to all the model_flexi_m lines
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Conqistador View Post
    You have to put the MAXIMUS.cas to all the model_flexi_m lines
    IT WORKS!!! THANKS DUDE, UR AWESOME!!!

No problem, thanks!
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

How to have two "Opti" officers (the ones who holds the standards) on a single unit???...i want the Standards AND the Eagle Standards at the same unit...i saw it on some screenshots, can someone help me??? (again, XD, sorry for the inconvenience)...

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaMadara21 View Post
    How to have two "Opti" officers (the ones who holds the standards) on a single unit???...i want the Standards AND the Eagle Standards at the same unit...i saw it on some screenshots, can someone help me??? (again, XD, sorry for the inconvenience)...
    You have to add them into the file about the unit stats and of course have and entry in unit models file.

One for each officer you want to add in this : descr_model_battle
    And them mod the entry for the units in this : export_descr_unit and look for the entry "Officer" for the unit you want the officer/s added to. Remember that you can have a maximum of 3 officers. I suggest you this order for the legions (I only play romans!) : Centurion, - eagle bearer - standard bear.

You can do the same for cavalry adding a cavalry officer and the bearer.

I hope I was of help.
    Last edited by Emperor Domitianus; September 22, 2011 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Domitianus View Post
    You have to add them into the file about the unit stats and of course have and entry in unit models file.

One for each officer you want to add in this : descr_model_battle
    And them mod the entry for the units in this : export_descr_unit and look for the entry "Officer" for the unit you want the officer/s added to. Remember that you can have a maximum of 3 officers. I suggest you this order for the legions (I only play romans!) : Centurion, - eagle bearer - standard bear.

You can do the same for cavalry adding a cavalry officer and the bearer.

I hope I was of help.
    WOW!!!...it's so easy!!!...i did it in 3 minutes!!!...thanks mate, you helped so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaMadara21 View Post
    WOW!!!...it's so easy!!!...i did it in 3 minutes!!!...thanks mate, you helped so much!!!
    You are welcome.