Thread: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

Hey Algie...my poor slingers,archers and velites can do with some blankets nah? ^_* I like the style and camera work,excellent. The units are practical for late roman armies,but I ponder how to use 'winter' dress for early types? Is there officer units for winter dress? How to differentuate with their existing cloaks? Good work,very appreciated!

LS,the ALEX is done 'outside' the ALEX folder. Just pop your mod inside RTW and add the chat filter san then do your target as I gave example above. Bingo..no probs.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Default Re: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

OMG about winter Romans Algaman!

Excellent work Algaman .

I did uploaded my first reskin from Algaman's pack:

http://www.multiupload.com/VUEOAJWHT1

It's a reskin from his iberian heavy scutarii (Carthage reloaded pack), the download include sprites, UI elements and alternative cas file.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Regards.

jmilan77's Avatar Decanus

nice +rep to algaman and milner
    Mod Leader for Roma Vici Total War
    Current release: 0.88

Can anyone tell me which pack contains the thureophoroi(the first one from the left) from this image:
    http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4939/hoplitegreekv.jpg
    I can`t seem to locate it in the greek pack I have.

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    Can anyone tell me which pack contains the thureophoroi(the first one from the left) from this image:
    http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4939/hoplitegreekv.jpg
    I can`t seem to locate it in the greek pack I have.
    It's on a pack named "legion revamp", here's the link :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...1&d=1238567390

Thank you! I`ve found it now. Looking though that pack I notice there is a merc barbarian cavalry in the Mercs folder. I can find the ui cards and models. But what texture is it supposed to use? I can`t find a corresponding texture in MERCS\Textures. By any chance you know this too?

It's the "auxillia_infantry_Merc.tga", but this model can be used too with the "auxillia_infantry_east.tga" (needed to make new UI cards). They aren't really mercenary models, perhaps like different types of roman's auxillia or AOR roman troops.

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

Hello there, guys!!!!!!!
    More Flavian Roman -winter division pack news!
    The pack is 99% done!!!!!!!!
    I´m modeling the last officer. So the release will be very soon!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the kind comments, friends, as always.
    This pack, is the connection between Ferres claudians and Ferres antonines, this is the real idea for flavians.
    Trying to show a new type of legionary soldiers with their own officers and feel.
    For that reason, the General unit will be a little changed too. On this flavian legions will be no captain unit, but An Imperator = Vespasian (the unit I´m modelling right now) and a General unit (inspirated on Maximus from Gladiator)
    Then u will choose which one to use as a captain/General.
    Well friends, with no delay, screens!!!!!!!!

The new general:

Decurion fighting

Ala sarmatorum romana -sarmatian romanized heavy cav-

roman/sarmatian heavy cav with their own standard

winter assaulter legionairies firing

batavian cavalry -medium-, with sarmatian cav and the assaulter winter legion

batavian cavalry shield (3dsmax render)

praetorian cavalry

legion`s night march

Maximus, as infantry commander

Winter is coming.

Ok, friends, I hope u like this preview
    Soon release!
    Regards!!!

PROUD TEAM MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by milner View Post
    It's the "auxillia_infantry_Merc.tga", but this model can be used too with the "auxillia_infantry_east.tga" (needed to make new UI cards).
    Yes, but the included ui cards show a brown shield being used sorta like that of the celtiberian, but with a different hue and also with different tunic color imo. That`s the texture I`ve been trying to find. Maybe ferres never included it.

That texture there isn't in the pack, i also think Ferres never included it.... But maybe i can rework/mixed that texture to convert it on the texture you need, give me a few days, please .

Algaman, !!!.

Florin,I used the celt iberian aux in lieu.

It's another option the Kylan's way...
    I did made a reworked/mixed on the original texture to made it similar to the unit card:

http://www.multiupload.com/KGD5ZYVWUN

Regards.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

I absolutely love them! best Romans by me Algaman brother! great to see activity! love the way you collaborate guys! Milner nice reskins!? how about that FerrAlgaMilnKylan project!? is it working!? can't wait guys! if you want some Seleucids next just ask... I have some very nice ideas! give me a ring Algaman... I mean PM me!

Visie,I am greatful,but it's not complete the list of contributors. I am greatful to Godzilla and even Salvor Hardin with his contribution(not seen here)in RG2(he has Ferres Boetian phalanx!),and tweaking with units from RB team also. There are a few things to sort out,namely the shield limitation and updating models,ie Selucids with full greaves but Macedon with merged old greaves,and the full(thick)shields to update. Some mods have no clue on correct cas to use. We need read me's I think. For you with the romans I offer this:

Climate Roman:
    sb/snd/fst/snw
    ;North 0/-1/0/+1
    ;East 0/+1/0/-1
    ;Marine 0/0/-1/+1 (I use the unused blue&green textured units,as I have 1 rome faction(red)).

I think the Ferres list should be recompiled and updated with new cas in one place.

Oh bugger I forgot. I don't know for your Seleucids..is a hypapist type correct if you use a thrown spear(not pilum or javelin) with prec attribute on your hoplite? I can get ammo to 2,and for fancier effect,launching. I use them as assault troops. ^_*
    Last edited by Kylan271; August 30, 2011 at 05:30 AM.

Can anyone list the mods using this great units?

Epic!!!
    Maximus on the Fight!

Hi to all. I have been away from the forum for a while and I am trying to start again. I have noticed alot of progress in this thred (I am following since the time Ferres started the very first Romans) however it's very difficult to rebuild all the pack that have been released by the Algman remake of Ferres units and more. Could someone post all the links about what hase been relesed till now? Thanks alot and sorry for the disturd :-)

Are you going to release also Republican Romans and the other factions like Persians, Gaul/Germanic people, Ptolomeis? I am asking because the models are really good and compete with RS2 ones especially in matter of hands and details of the body (Even if the RTW engine is not the ETW/NTW/Shogun new one - I am dying to see a RTW2 with the same updated engine ).

Hello mates!
    Can anyone start making a Scythian pack please?
    It would be really awsome!