Thread: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

LiquidSantanero's Avatar Miles
    Aruba, (in the Caribean, not Middle-East)

Default Re: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

Wow, Milner. I really like the Iberians, mate. Although I'm like a bit of historical acuracy douche, so I'm gonna go ahead and ask: Did Gauls use any helmet resembling the Phrygian (Thracian, Macedonian) style? Not that I care, just curiosity thats all. I particularly like the Iberian infantry? I think they are, that is the 7th picture. They look awesome.

As soon as I'm finished with my mid life crisis issue, I'll jump back on RTW.

Kylan, mate. I like STW, and have always loved Samurai warfare, more than any other ancient or Medieval stuff. But what CA/Sega did with TWS2 is a disgrace. They are probably jealous because on this site there are more tallented artists than their whole development team...

Default Re: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

Quote Originally Posted by Die Waz View Post
    Hey you guys, does anyone have implenented ALL Ferres/Algaman units to the game? Could he/she upload the textfiles for that? I´m sorry but i´m unable to mod and a lazy bone...
    You could at least say no...
    but please don´t I really want to play those fantastic units...

First of all...many thanks to Ferres .

Quote Originally Posted by Die Waz View Post
    You could at least say no...
    but please don´t I really want to play those fantastic units...
    Perhaps nobody have the files you want...that's because nobody say anything about it. Those files are a lot of work and include all the models made by Ferres and Algaman on a Rome TW vanilla files is hard to do it...and there are only 250 (+-) slot in descr_model_battle....

Liquid, i'm working only with a few models...you're right about the gallic are not historically accurate, but they are only provisional models and reskins to can make an open beta. In next versions we'll update all the celtic factions to a correct historically accurate way (botroas, cingetos, leuce epos...), don't worry friend .
    The iberians you say are the same made by Algaman in his first Carthage pack...with another shield design. They are the Hannibal's iberian veterans...a very hardy guys .

Well, some new republican romans by Algaman based in old Ferres models (from the mod):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Regards.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by ferres View Post
    Just to remind people that I have no restrictions on your use of my original units for whatever project you have in mind. I'm not always around so I will give a general permission to anyone who wants to use or mod them. Pass it on to anyone who asks. Thank you.

Hey!
    I am using the archers you 've posted in the previous page, but there are only models for egyptians, macedonians and greek cities states.
    What about seleucids and thraciand that use the same .cas as macedonians and greeks?

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

HEY WAIT A SEC WILL THERE BE THRACIANS TOO!?

Can you please make an Alexandrian-time Royal Pike skin?

jmilan77's Avatar Decanus

Hello everyone im mod leader for roma vice total war, been looking around on this page and there are some very talented artists here. Would any of you be interest in a skinning project for our mod, you will be included in our team and obviously given full credit for all of your work, are any of you interested?

Whatever the answer great work by all of you, your work is inspirational

jmilan77
    Mod Leader for Roma Vici Total War
    Current release: 0.88

Hi jmilan77 .

If you need some reskins from Ferres' and Algaman's models i can do it for your mod, only tell me what you need .

Regards.
    Last edited by Milner; July 20, 2011 at 01:05 AM.

jmilan77's Avatar Decanus

really, ah that would be great mate i shall send you an invite to our forum and that thanks mate
    Mod Leader for Roma Vici Total War
    Current release: 0.88

Awesome work Milner!
    I think Hannibal ad Portas will be one of the better mods in the Spanish modding ever!
    Continue working!

Hello to everyone I wold just like to ask if Ferras is still working some models or did he quit doing them?....Because the models are beautiful and incredible...and has he done anything new besides ptolemaics,seleucids,romans and armenians?(I just ask because I am new here)...

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

Hello there, brothers!
    I was awfully bussy with my job and stuff, but I´m back!!!!!
    And this time I will add some new models and entire legions to ferresverse
    the new winter cohorts, and reworked stuff from old ferres packs....
    Ah! look to my little promo picture...
    winter is coming..
    Regards!

PROUD TEAM MEMBER

Excellent work, bro!!! ...

Quote Originally Posted by Algaman View Post
    Hello there, brothers!
    I was awfully bussy with my job and stuff, but I´m back!!!!!
    And this time I will add some new models and entire legions to ferresverse
    the new winter cohorts, and reworked stuff from old ferres packs....
    Ah! look to my little promo picture...
    winter is coming..
    Regards!
    Hello!
    Will you also work on some not yet made factions?...Like Gauls,Germans,Macedonians,Carthage?

Indefinitely Banned

How to install these cool units?

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Algie,discussed with Milner. We need to specify where possible the animations used,as several spears are backwards,ie hoplites,when using standard animations. We don't know correct type to use? This is a Ferres issue also. I found EB ones fit for some and normal for others,ie Sig1,vanilla or Prom etc. The renders are missing this also when doing UIs. Something to check on.

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

Hello there, guys!I was reading previous posts here and:Kylie:You are right, many of my ferres spearmen based models, need to fit with a particular, kind of animation. So, as you know, I reworked a lot of my units to fit with the "vanilla" animations. My iberian brother Milner has the pack and he uploaded it. It will work with vanilla RTW fs_spearman animation and with the fs1_hoplite from Roma Surrectum 1, 1.5 and 1.6The original models from the packs I made surely will work with the S.P.Q.R. kind of animations.If u like, I can rework some models to fit with your personal mods. It is an easy work.Congratulations for your ptolemaics!!!!!!Asgaroth:Friend I made an entire huuugggeee new roster for the Carthaginians, I made 2 packs; Carthago Unleashed and Carthago Unleashed update pack.The Macedonians are a jewel made by ferres a time ago, they are beautiful and charming.Milner, bro:You know you can upload whatever you like of your reworked units based on my packs, all permissions granted. And u made a wonderful job.Friends of this thread, you can use and rework all the units from my packs, u can use for your mods, just mention me if u like. The key of my work it´s we can have fun, redesigning our armies with quality, for that reason I asked permission to master ferres, for continue with his legacy.Regards, friends!

PROUD TEAM MEMBER

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

1. Milner released an altered cas pak-altered spear animations. Do you wish to update here with it? We just have to give guidelines in the unit's releases as to what animations are required? So a read me in each is best. In addition the weapons used,apart from a glimpse of UIs or screenies,how do we know which weapons are used on the model? I found some with no sword,only spears,ie Desert Infantry etc. Need to clarify in model read me.

2. Units are fine,but several mods have released units with older cas,ie Macedonians,but which are updated in Seleucids,ie the leg greaves are fully formed,not drawn on the skin. And the Roman's with full shield(thick),but older thin shield models are used. Not sure how to fix these as not everyone is aware of the changes. Perhaps we need renders in each pack,so you can see the differences and what weapons are used?

3. It is not discussed,but I had a nightmare trying to figure where to put the units in the building rosters? It has bugged me for a long time,stalling my Mod work badly. I found a viable solution via MTW2.

a. Governor's Buildings: Peasants & Levys. *No formal military training. Low morale and weak atk & def.
    b. Military Barracks : Regular army. *Full time army training. High morale and atk & def. Aux troops here.
    c. Militia Barracks : Semi Regular army/police. *Part time military training. Medium morale and atk & def. Militia infantry and or Cav here.

Militia barracks. In buildings.txt ie: This is Village to Large City levels(Regular is Town to Huge City).

You add a law bonus 1-5,and taxable_income_bonus bonus 1-5(or more) for the police work and taxation collecting by militias. There is a fire bonus also,but I do not see it work in game?

building militia_building
    {
    levels village_watch town_watch town_guard city_watch city_guard

*This helps spread the units around and allows for increased artistic design of units.

1. Milner released an altered cas pak-altered spear animations.
    It's not mine, it was made by Algaman .