Thread: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

Default Re: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

OK!
    PM sent!
    btw, are there any skins for the parthian cataphracts?
    Thanks!

LiquidSantanero's Avatar Miles
    Aruba, (in the Caribean, not Middle-East)

Default Re: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

Quote Originally Posted by -Alexander The Great- View Post
    OK!
    PM sent!
    btw, are there any skins for the parthian cataphracts?
    Thanks!

There sure are, Parthian textures I mean. You will have to do a search in this forum if they are not in the beginning of this forum. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll post them for you.

PM sent milner.
    btw are any Parthian cataphract skins cause I am forced to use the Armenian General's guard :p
    Thanks!

Yes, Ferres made some textures for parthians...also cataphract skins.

The parthian's texture pack by Ferres:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...3&d=1264413926

include cataphract skins .

Thanks man!
    You really helped!

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

how are you Algaman?

Civis

Hello Algaman and all !!!

I just came back to play RTW, and started to try to mod it again...I really enjoy Ferres and Algaman'work and try to implement it in my own personal mod based on RTRPE(private use mod only) Your work is great and I'm using 90% of what your actually produce, Just got a few questions regarding the use of sabers...Dacian chosen swordsmen and another unit, sarmatian I think, actually use sabres, these didn't exist before like 400 AD, so I guess I probably have a unit skeleton wrong or do you guys intend to just make them use regular swords(greeks) ? No offense intended...

Quote Originally Posted by speedythefreak View Post
    Hello Algaman and all !!!

I just came back to play RTW, and started to try to mod it again...I really enjoy Ferres and Algaman'work and try to implement it in my own personal mod based on RTRPE(private use mod only) Your work is great and I'm using 90% of what your actually produce, Just got a few questions regarding the use of sabers...Dacian chosen swordsmen and another unit, sarmatian I think, actually use sabres, these didn't exist before like 400 AD, so I guess I probably have a unit skeleton wrong or do you guys intend to just make them use regular swords(greeks) ? No offense intended...

Does it really matter, about the sabres I mean? The original RTW has also 1 or 2 mercenary unit that carry curved blades. Its a minor detail, nothing more

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Algaman,regards our discussion on reworks.

I have included details to reworked basic vanilla units to upgade them to Ferres types. I have a fault in reworking the large textures(GIMP only for me & DDS2 converter) as altering the scale makes the 86k texture components blurry,ie upscaling the 86k clothing or a head to 342k(in reverse is easier). So I work with 86k ones best. I hope the texture format gives you ideas?

These are just WIP samples,so the textures are ugly..^_* heh.

Trying to rework roman slingers is painful due to space,but I credit EB team for ideas,based on their models. The normal shields take up much space,I think the Judaen types are alright. We have mainly helmeted missile,but lacking in normal missile,so hope this helps?

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Alexander the Great you got a psd file for the Spartan,is that correct? I thought tga????

LS,the cheat oliphant needs all sound files removed,it is listed under cheat oliphants and greek oliphant(if I recall correctly..). I forgot it was so messy to remove,heh like a pc virus.

No, I dont!
    But thanks to milner, I solved the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    Alexander the Great you got a psd file for the Spartan,is that correct? I thought tga????

LS,the cheat oliphant needs all sound files removed,it is listed under cheat oliphants and greek oliphant(if I recall correctly..). I forgot it was so messy to remove,heh like a pc virus.
    Thanks mate, I'll have a look at it, maybe finally I can delete that crap without any problems...

I am back after a long time away. And I find those beauties. Can you give all the links to download all new works from Ferres and Alga? Thx alot people, I appreciate it alot! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Domitianus View Post
    I am back after a long time away. And I find those beauties. Can you give all the links to download all new works from Ferres and Alga? Thx alot people, I appreciate it alot! :-)

I can't really be sure about Ferres Units, but most of them are in the first page of this Thread.
    You can find compilations of Algaman's work in the download section of this site.

All of them?? Including legions??

Any link for the new legions?? I found nothing in the download section...

Hi Emperor Domitianus , the new Flavian legions by Algaman are not available untill May 2011 (i think )...actually Algaman is finishing dacians return pack (with some thracians) and Flavian pack is his next work.

Regards.

Whats up Milner? Long time no speak

Hi Liquid , it's all right for me...actually very bussy with personal life, my spanish forum and still working on my mod .

Regards my friend.