Thread: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

Default Re: Modding Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

Yes, It's the Ptolemies. Then afterward it will be the Easties.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Meanie,keep the Easties till last..heh(rolling the eyes). Oh I put a screenie before-post #3315 for you,please look. ^_*

Your Seleucid Cataphracts and Immitation Legionaires were awesome. The whole thing with the facical armor was a nice touch, reminds me of the mooks in Chronicles of Riddick.

Btw how many models do you guys plan to make?

Quote Originally Posted by ferres View Post
    Yes, It's the Ptolemies. Then afterward it will be the Easties.
    I am eargerly waiting to add them into my mod.

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

I cant wait for next unit...
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    Meanie,keep the Easties till last..heh(rolling the eyes). Oh I put a screenie before-post #3315 for you,please look. ^_*
    Easties actually got the first crack with the Sarmatian auxillia, which gave form for the Armenian legionnaire and Heavy Spear. I have no idea how the Hellenics got twisted into this in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalGuard View Post
    Your Seleucid Cataphracts and Immitation Legionaires were awesome. The whole thing with the facical armor was a nice touch, reminds me of the mooks in Chronicles of Riddick.

Btw how many models do you guys plan to make?
    Have absolutely no idea. I'm just winging it.

Oh ayeeeeeeee,just slightly hinting(ahem) at Barcanian Axemen(cyrenacia) with succesor armour instead..heh(featured in Alexander RTW). Or Gastraphetes perhaps(I think XGM has,but not for other Mods per se)??? ^_*

The Parthians were a major rival to the Roman Empire, they need a wider selection of cavalry and cataphracts to reflect that.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalGuard View Post
    The Parthians were a major rival to the Roman Empire, they need a wider selection of cavalry and cataphracts to reflect that.
    My idea for the Parthians is to be at least 90% cavalry. With the few infantry units functioning more as auxilliaries rather than front line units. The unit roster would be smaller though.

I think that that is the correct direction for that faction.

Quote Originally Posted by ferres View Post
    My idea for the Parthians is to be at least 90% cavalry. With the few infantry units functioning more as auxilliaries rather than front line units. The unit roster would be smaller though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    I think that that is the correct direction for that faction.
    Yes I think this too. Infact Parthians were primarly horse-mounting people. Infact at Carrae Crassus was defeated because he didn't think about this. Fun will be the confrontation beetwen Roman infantry based armies and parthians horse based ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Domitianus View Post
    Fun will be the confrontation beetwen Roman infantry based armies and parthians horse based ones.

My exact thoughts.

Hmmm 'power_charge' attribute added as bonus would help in unit stats for them. Model wise,I am not sure,I think Parthia.com or some other related site has more info?

Ferres,I missed the Greek download,oopsie just found today(blinded by the Roman pack heh). I will with due creditation do a unit update in Lusted's TE Gold Mod. He is not around so to speak,so have to wing it unofficially and pm him,for courtesy sake. Is this OK??? DarthDivus has already been allowed to use your Romans,but have probs with TE Xtreme Mod update created,so can't use(trying to fix),this is for original for now. Thanks.

Anyone wanting to use the current roster of units for their mods are absolutely free to do so.

Do you have any plans to finish that proper sarissa weapon you were talking about?

Completely agree with the comments regarding the 90% cavalry armies of Parthia. Ideally they would be 100%, but that isn't really doable in a TW situation, where garrisons must be kept, and walls assaulted. If only they had kept that 'dismount before battle' ability from MTW, then you could be using dismounted cavalry to assault walls
    Protein cores made in the rough endoplasmic reticulum are posttranslationally modified by glycosyltransferases in the Golgi apparatus, where GAG disaccharides are added to protein cores to yield proteoglycans; the exception is hyaluronan, which is uniquely synthesized without a protein core and is "spun out" by enzymes at cell surfaces directly into the extracellular space.

Quote Originally Posted by Andalus View Post
    Completely agree with the comments regarding the 90% cavalry armies of Parthia. Ideally they would be 100%, but that isn't really doable in a TW situation, where garrisons must be kept, and walls assaulted. If only they had kept that 'dismount before battle' ability from MTW, then you could be using dismounted cavalry to assault walls
    I agree. The dismount before battle would have been a good idea. However I doubt it was so for parthia. Even in a horse based culture there must a some sort of infantry even a basic one. So I would give Parthia good cavalry choose and poor infantry mainly basic one 1 archer type calling them like dismounted ***** and a basic infantry one like the town militia used for walls. I believe most parthia defense would be based on an counterattack in besieged town situations.
    More over I am enjoing the new units alot and waiting eagerly for the new onws.

That is true, I guess they must have had some foot based troops, if only as militia garrisons. After all, they had a proto-feudal system of recruitment, where nobles provide a number of troops to the king, and although they were a nation where horses were important, the very poorest in society would not necessarily have had one, especially as time wore on and they became more settled in comparison to their steppe ancestors.

So yes, I think a basic spear militia unit and a light archer would be a good idea. Not enough to ever let them win a battle with infantry, but good enough for purpose.
    Protein cores made in the rough endoplasmic reticulum are posttranslationally modified by glycosyltransferases in the Golgi apparatus, where GAG disaccharides are added to protein cores to yield proteoglycans; the exception is hyaluronan, which is uniquely synthesized without a protein core and is "spun out" by enzymes at cell surfaces directly into the extracellular space.