Thread: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

LiquidSantanero's Avatar Miles
    Aruba, (in the Caribean, not Middle-East)

Default Re: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Domitianus View Post
    Are you going to release also Republican Romans and the other factions like Persians, Gaul/Germanic people, Ptolomeis? I am asking because the models are really good and compete with RS2 ones especially in matter of hands and details of the body (Even if the RTW engine is not the ETW/NTW/Shogun new one - I am dying to see a RTW2 with the same updated engine ).

Hi emperor Domitianus, you can find most if not all of Algamans work in the download section of this web site and as far as I know, you can download Ferres work in the first page of this thread. Good luck!!!

Default Re: Modding the Ptolemies, Armenians, Legions, Greeks, Seleucids etc ...

Alright, Milner I've got to ask you mate. Have you succeeded in making a RTW port in RTW Alexander? I've been looking at the tutorial you showed me a few months back, but it's mostly jibberish. What I want to know is if I've to just copy the whole Alexander data and put it in a mod folder or just copy my RTW mod and place it in the Alexander mod folder. If you have done this already, can you just send me your own guide?

Liquid, i didn't port a RTW mod to Alexander...i did made since 0 from Alexander. To port a RTW to Alexander, the best way is the guide that Florin made (the link i posted a few months ago)...if you have these files edited, you need to change the entry lines of the modfolder because these files and folder are now into a new folder (Alexander), there are some specifics on Alexander modfolder, but all of them are explain in the guide by Florin. Any problem you can had, tell me, i'll help you...of course , but i don't have time to explain these specific things and my english is not the best to do a tutorial or guide about this (and i'm not the master of the rings modding RTW ).

My special (and fictional) new skins from Ferres' hoplites, "FERRES' gods and mithology":

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Link:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20753...ithology+1.rar

There are 5 different skins, also there are the unit and info cards to all of them .

Regards.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

OMG milner... epic shields! oh kylan you are right there are many many people that can contribute to the absolute dream of the fans here merging units and ideas and giving ferres the respect he needs! oh liquid sory for not including in name... Ferres: Total War is the best name I think... Hannibal Smith could really give a hand here too... he's units are unique and very fresh

Don't mind me mate. I'm one of the faithfull fans of Ferres, Algaman, Milner and Kylans work.

Milner!! you never cease to amaze me. The shield detail is amazing, mate. What the units name? Like some kind of Temple guard or something?

All right... I guess I've to spent another 4 years trying to mod Alexander... Or maybe I could use Variags mod and replace his units with the ones in this thread.....

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

Hello there, friends!
    Great work Milner!!!!!!! those shields look awesome! downloadin`
    Liquid: Smart move! Iīm having troubles with my Alex too.....
    Ok, some Flavian Winter pack news:
    I`m doing the UI work!!!!!!!!
    The release will be very soon!!!!!!
    Please, Take a look to the Imperator -Vespasian- General I made, hope u like it!

3ds max helmet render

Equestrian Imperator

Vespasian close-up, now my avatar

Vespasian`s eagle spatha:

New general`s winter bodyguards -equites singulares- segmentata design

bodyguards in action:

For the glory of the empire!

As I said so many times, my friends.... soon, very soon..

...Winter is coming.

Best regards
    and thanks for the support.

PROUD TEAM MEMBER

Bravvooooo!!!!!!
    Incredible Details of the imperatorīs helmet!!
    Waiting the release!

Very very good. I am really waiting for this Imperial set. Will you make the Republicans too?
    BTW may I suggest that the Imperator/General has no sword on his side? I mean only the container as he has the sword itself in his hand (In the picture :" For the glory of the Empire").

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

ED,the republicans are released via Ferres already,try first page links. Algie has been busy with the late romans. Many things to work on,so can't cover all bases at once. Ferres has two versions of models,you have to search here for his packs. There are full shield and greave versions,mixed with older merged greaves and thin shield units.

Thx alot for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by milner View Post
    Hey Die Waz , edit your post, please...the models were made by Ferres/Algaman... (i only can make some like this on my better dreams ).

Liquid...Ągood to see you again here!.

Those "gauls" i did post, were only a little reskin not finished (too bad the result...) and finally didn't include on our mod/s.

This others are new reskins made by me using the Algaman's unit packs (with his permission and help tips ), they are from our mod "Hannibal ad portas" (soon it'll be post in this forum...working on english translation ):

Regards.
    Quote Originally Posted by milner View Post
    First of all...many thanks to Ferres .

Perhaps nobody have the files you want...that's because nobody say anything about it. Those files are a lot of work and include all the models made by Ferres and Algaman on a Rome TW vanilla files is hard to do it...and there are only 250 (+-) slot in descr_model_battle....

Liquid, i'm working only with a few models...you're right about the gallic are not historically accurate, but they are only provisional models and reskins to can make an open beta. In next versions we'll update all the celtic factions to a correct historically accurate way (botroas, cingetos, leuce epos...), don't worry friend .
    The iberians you say are the same made by Algaman in his first Carthage pack...with another shield design. They are the Hannibal's iberian veterans...a very hardy guys .

Well, some new republican romans by Algaman based in old Ferres models (from the mod):

Regards.

This is what I am looking for. Especially those republicans. I have look in the forum but I can't find them. Can you help me?

You have a pm .

What huh? How did I miss these images???????????????????? Those milner units...where?????????????????????????????????? International Rescue or Team America anyone?

Oh Milner...just had a buzz...idea...that is. If you looksie at the officers you will see sword&shield models(Greek). How if we exploit this and use them for machiphoros(sorry spelling) sword 'assault' units,modified a little for different settlement levels,ie clothing or linothorax or breastplate types. Sword greeks,are limited at present.
    Last edited by Kylan271; September 10, 2011 at 01:41 AM.

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

Hello there, again, friends!!!!!!
    thanks for the suggestions and advices and support as always!!!!!
    I guess the pack will be done in just 10 days!
    This is the last set of images of flavian romans pack, winter division, before release!!!!!!!!
    As u know, the pack will have skins for julii, scipii, senate, brutii and slaves (roman rebels)
    So I tried to pay attention of the details, please chek the images as example of my point.

Julii legions

Scipii legions

Senate legions

The Praetorian Guard

Very Special thanks to Milner, he found a great database to improve my roman shields, thanks a lot brother

Finally I learned how to make UI cards with 3dsmax!!!!! yey! So I guess the ui will be made with better quality

I followed the suggestion of Emperor Domitianus, and now the general and Imperator will have an empty? scabbard.

I made a little ui for imperator, but just for fun, look please:

Ok, friends, thatīs all by now, next time will be the release of the flavians pack!!!!!!!
    Finally, Winter is really coming!
    Regards

PROUD TEAM MEMBER

All the days have surprises with you Alga!
    +rep!

I tried to work out how to use these in game. Models are nice,but crunch time is putting them in game.

Lorica Segmenta is about 9BC,and I think 4 types. Most games just use LS as Marian Reform units as the reforms are too hard to modify,afaik RTRVII and EB have tweaked something though via scripts. So for standard games I tried to use hidden_resource brb(ie barbarian),as barbarian regions are most likely with winter climates,with marian reform trigger. And stats are tweaked -1 sand,+1 snow. Hidden resource is involved,but amounts to deleting map.rwm and adding in descr_regions.txt the brb 'h_r' to each barbarian faction/rebel region. Then you add the hidden_resource 'brb' to your descr_buildings.txt hr list,ie along rome and sparta.

Work as usual is excellent Algie. Very appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    I tried to work out how to use these in game. Models are nice,but crunch time is putting them in game.

Lorica Segmenta is about 9BC,and I think 4 types. Most games just use LS as Marian Reform units as the reforms are too hard to modify,afaik RTRVII and EB have tweaked something though via scripts. So for standard games I tried to use hidden_resource brb(ie barbarian),as barbarian regions are most likely with winter climates,with marian reform trigger. And stats are tweaked -1 sand,+1 snow. Hidden resource is involved,but amounts to deleting map.rwm and adding in descr_regions.txt the brb 'h_r' to each barbarian faction/rebel region. Then you add the hidden_resource 'brb' to your descr_buildings.txt hr list,ie along rome and sparta.

Work as usual is excellent Algie. Very appreciated.
    Well, yes. Managing the files is sometime very time consuming. To use the winter uniform, I would have used another hidden resource instead of the "barbarian". I would have used something connected with Rome it self or with the climate. Like "Winter" (easy to write and add) or "Winter_Legion".

Quote Originally Posted by Algaman View Post
    Hello there, again, friends!!!!!!
    thanks for the suggestions and advices and support as always!!!!!
    I guess the pack will be done in just 10 days!
    This is the last set of images of flavian romans pack, winter division, before release!!!!!!!!
    As u know, the pack will have skins for julii, scipii, senate, brutii and slaves (roman rebels)
    So I tried to pay attention of the details, please chek the images as example of my point.

Julii legions

Scipii legions

Senate legions

The Praetorian Guard

Very Special thanks to Milner, he found a great database to improve my roman shields, thanks a lot brother

Finally I learned how to make UI cards with 3dsmax!!!!! yey! So I guess the ui will be made with better quality

I followed the suggestion of Emperor Domitianus, and now the general and Imperator will have an empty? scabbard.

I made a little ui for imperator, but just for fun, look please:

Ok, friends, thatīs all by now, next time will be the release of the flavians pack!!!!!!!
    Finally, Winter is really coming!
    Regards
    Simply amazing. I like them alot especially the Praetorians!! I hope to see even a "Summer unioform" for African/middle east enviroments.
    Thx for taking in consideration my suggestion.
    I think the General UI could be useful for the recruitment of generals like it happens in some mods. So I don't think it's a waste of time.

Winter would be nice,but I use 'brb' for other things so I use this as an example. The 'brb' is also to denote the phrygian(Thracian) style phalanx I use for Greeks,as I have attic helmet versions also. So save cluter in the UI's I seperate the two. With all the various models,you have to consider the RTW.exe limitations also,so must consider your roster browser amongst others.

There are eastern,ie scale versions of the romans,but scattered around in the unit releases.

jmilan77's Avatar Decanus

That is incredible work by all of you milner and algie thats is some incredible work there. Great job
    Mod Leader for Roma Vici Total War
    Current release: 0.88

Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    Winter would be nice,but I use 'brb' for other things so I use this as an example. The 'brb' is also to denote the phrygian(Thracian) style phalanx I use for Greeks,as I have attic helmet versions also. So save cluter in the UI's I seperate the two. With all the various models,you have to consider the RTW.exe limitations also,so must consider your roster browser amongst others.

There are eastern,ie scale versions of the romans,but scattered around in the unit releases.
    Hmm good advise.

BTW I know there are eastern legions in Ferres but I can't remember if they are as the new Flavians, I mean the same high quality models/skins (ex. 5 fingers hands)