Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When is the appropriate time to use fire arrows?

TheFoolOnTheHill's Avatar Centenarius

Icon10 When is the appropriate time to use fire arrows?

as the title said

edit bessides ele
    Last edited by TheFoolOnTheHill; June 26, 2011 at 04:29 PM.
    Crème tangerine and Montelimar,A ginger sling with a pineapple heart,A coffee dessert, yes, you know it's good news,But you have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle,Cool cherry cream, nice apple tart,I feel your taste all the time we're apart,Coconut fudge really blows down those blues,But you'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle,You might not feel it now,When the pain cuts through,You're going to know and how,The sweat is going to fill your head,When it becomes too muchYou'll shout aloud,You'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle,You know that what you eat you are,But what is sweet now turns so sour,We all know Ob-la-di-bla-da,But can you show me where you are?Crème tangerine and Montelimar,A ginger sling with a pineapple heart,A coffee dessert, yes, you know it's good news,But you'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffleYes, you'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle. Savoy Truffle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a9TMpAwwBw

Default Re: whens the appropret time to use foer arrows

if you can get flanking shots on cav or infantry once they are engaged, it can really tip the balance in your favour and rout a shaken/wavering unit. also sometimes if a missile unit is low on numbers and highly damaged, a concentrated burst of flaming missiles may be enough to send them packing.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

fire arrows all the way man.....!

i think they get a slight penalty in rainy conditions but otherwise should be on all the time

flaming missiles should be only used, if the unit being shot is low on morale, or if u wanna conserve ammo, or vs scythe chariots and ele, to make them go ammok

Maiar93's Avatar Primicerius

Yeah, and also when shooting to tightly packed troop concentrations like noob boxes. It has a big morale effect. Otherwise normal arrows do a lot more damage.
    Predictor of AAR Plot Points and a wannabe forum ninja

Chris Death's Avatar Campidoctor

Huh - noone mentioned the good ol'e archer battle yet.

keep them fire missiles comming meanwhile we can prepare the meat for
    having a barbequeue during the archer battle.

~S~ CD
    Last edited by YD23; July 01, 2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: inflammatory
    Ever wanted to be able to attack the city of rome the second turn when playing a roman faction yourself in RTW? then click here

|Sith|IV|Chris_Death

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Chrisdeath69?gvnc=1

~S~ CD

u dont use fire arrows in archer battle.... only if u want to conserve ammo, or if the enemy archer is very low on morale/very few units left

Chris Death's Avatar Campidoctor

Oh - it's all about fire-arrows only here.

Forget what i said in my last post then (except the part for BayonetFodder-San) - i took "foer" for a typo trying to say "for" instead of "fire".

~S~ CD
    Last edited by Chris Death; June 26, 2011 at 11:40 AM.
    Ever wanted to be able to attack the city of rome the second turn when playing a roman faction yourself in RTW? then click here

|Sith|IV|Chris_Death

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Chrisdeath69?gvnc=1

~S~ CD

how does fire arrows conserve ammo ??
    Crème tangerine and Montelimar,A ginger sling with a pineapple heart,A coffee dessert, yes, you know it's good news,But you have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle,Cool cherry cream, nice apple tart,I feel your taste all the time we're apart,Coconut fudge really blows down those blues,But you'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle,You might not feel it now,When the pain cuts through,You're going to know and how,The sweat is going to fill your head,When it becomes too muchYou'll shout aloud,You'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle,You know that what you eat you are,But what is sweet now turns so sour,We all know Ob-la-di-bla-da,But can you show me where you are?Crème tangerine and Montelimar,A ginger sling with a pineapple heart,A coffee dessert, yes, you know it's good news,But you'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffleYes, you'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle. Savoy Truffle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a9TMpAwwBw

Slower fire rate.

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

In one sentence: when reducing morale is more important than causing casualties
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

so say i have the enemy inf in a big clump it would be better to use fire unless im doing scored

is that right???

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Who the hell plays scored?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

Maiar93's Avatar Primicerius

In FFA's? Dunno.

But yes, as a basic principle when a lot of troops are together packed very closely to each other, use fire arrows, or use fire arrows whenever you want to reduce your opponents morale, for example shooting fire arrows to the backs of opponents infantry.
    Predictor of AAR Plot Points and a wannabe forum ninja

{GrailKnight}'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ♔BayonetFodder-San♔ View Post
    fire arrows all the way man.....!

i think they get a slight penalty in rainy conditions but otherwise should be on all the time
    No fire arrows shouldn't be used all the time, especially in a straight up archer battle.

fire arrows in RTW =/= fire arrows in STW.

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Titus Maximius Thongus View Post
    fire arrows in RTW =/= fire arrows in STW.
    Fire arrows power in S2TW=Complete science fiction
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

ive noticed when archers get shot down to like 5 men they dont run why is this

depends. supporting units may be very strong around them, there may be inspiring units, the general is nearby, or they are elite missile units like baeleric slingers or cretan archers or what not. usually some horses running nearby is enough to scare them away

ok
    thanks
    for the info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast