Thread: trait submod proposal

Default trait submod proposal

i think someone should make a little pack where some of the traits and anciliaries from EB be brought into RS. like the triumph trait system, the rationing trait where morale goes down if your not on roman soil but goes back up if your in your soil or a captured town. the provincial governor system the olympic system or the vanquisher of "certain faction" when you beat them enough trait ect.

i just think things like that add more feeling and depth to the role playing aspect. helping you care for the generals more.

i would do it myself but i dont know if there is some sort of rs trait system already set up and i dont want to mess anything up. plus im not familiar with adding traits.

and also having messeges pop up when you reach things, like when you beat conquer enough gaul towns a messege pops up saying you broke the back of the gauls or somthing like that.
    a specific message when you destroy carthage maybe.
    things that add a feeling of "this just mattered".
    i love that aspect of EB. and the giant map going into india.
    i love surrectum with just about everything else though

so if anyone wants to take that up, that would be gloriously glorious and i would sacrifice a cow in your name!
    although if someone just wants to direct me to a tutorial link about that, i guess, i could find a cat or somthing...

thanks for listening

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: trait submod proposal

Hello josh, at first i know what you mean--a reason why i started modding too.
    I would advise you to wait a little bit longer for the features the patch 2.2 will bring.
    Also if you play as roman, there are some nice submods outhere, but often focused on the later republic struggles, emporers and civil war.
    My submod more focused on the hellenes, but on carthage and eastern too.
    I included an advanced olympic system, rationing--mood system as well.
    Also i started to script things-like tyrannis event or historic battles---even for this roleplaying part.
    So the best would be, to try out these diff. submods for ya personal taste and look out for the next patch.

yea, that sounds gravy. i do love the demise mod, and what you did for the east sounds like the things i want for rome. i like ptolamy but the east just isnt populated enough, with too few citys to feel like a real empire is building. EB with there big map feels like a wholenother game over there. but yeah, we will see what the next patch has in store.

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Say, Leoni, maybe you could implement the use of ethnicity in the game like EB, and how that ethnic group affects a specific faction?

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

Even now i am working on it for my next update, carthage is done, with new traits-anc too.
    Now i will add for babarian, eastern and the rest of hellas ethnics from eb--maybe not all, but the cream of it, cause i will also add a satrap system to seleucid, to hopefully soon round up my work with traits stuff.
    He guys---maybe its time for everone to try modding by yourself--a bit, so you dont have to wait-but could do what ever you want--like a super hero trait??
    Sorry--forgotten your question--every factiontype--like sparta--get ethnics-genetics, just for this faction. Than you can add bonus for managment or command or just bonus for other traits or anc.
    Or you could do the same for an whole culture type, like greek, or eastern.
    Last edited by leoni; July 11, 2011 at 12:01 AM.