Thread: Screen Shots

Default Screen Shots

The age-old question; how do you take them? I did some looking around and I've tried hitting print screen then pasting onto notepad, but it says I have nothing to paste. I tried Paint and it would just paste a big black square. I went to the "tgas" folder and there were three images there but they were, of course, just black squares.

GeoHitmanGR's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Screen Shots

I personally use FRAPS. Its a free utility that measures fps and takes screenshots in-game.

Christonikos's Avatar Centenarius

Or use MSI afterburn utility. Although I just use Fraps and then convert the images from Bitmap to Jpeg using Paint.NET.

Total Roach's Avatar Ducenarius

print screen, open paint, hold down ctrl and press v, save as, make sure you save as jpeg. Upload, for that I use photobucket.

if print screen is not working, check if you have the F lock on or off, can't remember which is the setting you need in on right now

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Also make sure you have Anti-Aliasing turned off in the video settings as that can ruin Screenshots too.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Quote Originally Posted by martin616 View Post
    Also make sure you have Anti-Aliasing turned off in the video settings as that can ruin Screenshots too.
    That did it! Anti-aliasing off, can use print screen and paste to paint like a champ. Thanks for the help.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Ive made that mistake many times
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"