Thread: 2.1a Patch

Default 2.1a Patch

I extracted the files, but it never asked me to overwrite any of the files?

If I created a separate folder called RS2, and have that in the Creative Assembly folder, do I drop the patch into that folder and extract all, or do I drop it into the RTW Gold folder with the data folder. Both have data folders.
    Last edited by thebull0425; July 09, 2011 at 11:18 AM.

Default Re: 2.1a Patch

No, no. they recommend to creat a rs2 folder just to put there the installations filed; in any case i use it that way. you have gold edition i dont know if it make any difference with my installation of the patch but these is: i have my rome total war 1.6; i made a copy of it (in other hard disk); then, when i install the mod i put it on the folder of my original copy of rtw; i have my play data rome, one turn, and so on, in that folder (i check that); then i install the patch in the same folder. The patch overwrite , as you can see in the rar file, data rome, one turn ... folders. You have to put that in the original folder, there is when it asked you to overwrite.

Default Re: 2.1a Patch

Ok, will give that a try. So I drop it into the regualr RTW file, and not my RS2 file. Got it.

Once I drop it in there, do I extract it all to the same folder then?

I have a RTW Gold Folder, which I saved the patch too, but have not extracted as of yet. I have a RS2 folder, which is for the set up. At this point, do I extract the files to the RTW Gold file?
    Last edited by thebull0425; July 09, 2011 at 06:48 PM.