Thread: diadochi installing problems

Default diadochi installing problems

i have a steam version of rome total war alexander and i have had the diadochi total war mod before work and im trying to install it again at first i had the chat_filter.san problem but i found it in diadochi and put it in alexander but when i run it through steam it runs a vanilla copy of rome total war even though im running alexander im also running windows 7
    Last edited by Rampaned; July 08, 2011 at 04:45 PM.

Default Re: diadochi installing problems

Steam is a mystery. Have you given a look at the FAQs? There is some reference to Steam troubles..

I had trouble with this too, I solved it by going to the properties section of Alexander (right click on the game title in the Steam "Library" screen of Steam)
    Click on properties.
    Click on "Set launch options"
    In the box put "-applaunch 4770-show_err -nm -mod;TW" without the quotes. (Also, replace the semicolon before "TW" with a colon, otherwise it will not work.)
    I also have Windows 7 so...maybe it will work for you too?
    Last edited by Mannstein; July 16, 2011 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Removing an obnoxious smily

thanks for the advice Mannstein. Of course, put DTW instead of TW..

No problem, thanks for helping to make this awesome mod!

Looking at how XGM did their steam setup, you can also launch this mod from the icon by placing

Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 4770 -show_err -nm -mod:DTW
    in the "target" path.

So you could have multiple mods all with their own paths, and wouldn't have to change the path each time you wanted to play a different mod.
    Last edited by RedFox; July 17, 2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Use the code tags

Icon8 Re: diadochi installing problems

I got it to install but i cant get it to play it keeps saying its having a problem checking steam

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian911 View Post
    I got it to install but i cant get it to play it keeps saying its having a problem checking steam
    Ok a little late but might be still useful: If this error appers, u need to start steam with admin rights first.