Thread: what is diffrence between xc and xgm

Icon5 what is diffrence between xc and xgm

i have both but my memory is getting really low so are they the same so i can delete one of them??

GeoHitmanGR's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: what is diffrence between xc and xgm

Well therere are many features added in XC compared to XGM such as new government system.
    Also the economic part of XC is more interesting than XGM but very unforgiving.

However the fighting system seems more fast paced and engaging in XGM than XC.

Total Roach's Avatar Ducenarius

Icon14 Re: what is diffrence between xc and xgm

Quote Originally Posted by oss1215 View Post
    i have both but my memory is getting really low so are they the same so i can delete one of them??
    Fast game XGM

Slow calculating and cunning creep towards crushing your competitors = XC

As someone who has done world conquest with XGM and gone onto XC I have to say that apart from a few shared bits there is so much different between them. XC requires much more mental investment, and to be honest it's been a very difficult transition from XGM and I have lots to learn about XC still. Overall I find XC more satisfying when it goes right, feels more like I earned my victories.

As a subquestion to this (this is easier than creating a new thread), how much have other cultures been improved in XGM? I know the purpose was to give the greeks as much depth as the romans in vanilla, but what have they done past that? is it worth playing a non greek faction in XGM?

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Other cultures are a bit better than vanilla but not on the same level as XC.
    The Best Is Yet To Come: