Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Official advice if you're having problems launching Shogun 2

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Official advice if you're having problems launching Shogun 2

Quote Originally Posted by fisherpaul64 View Post
    Hi All/Craig, I installed Shogun 2 just before Xmas for it to do absolutely nothing. When trying to run steam process blips a couple of activities then nothingh, no crash, no blue screen. I have a thread open on steam and followed guidance there such as delete the .blob, re-install the redistributables, run the clean_VCredist, delte and re-install, verified the cache, would remove the preference.script file but doesn't exist although there were some files with this name appending looks like benchmarking files which I have deleted. I run 64 bit under windows 7, an i5 3.33ghz, radeon 5850. I have flashed my bios and loaded the latest sound drivers. I have back installed the distributable files with the disk although they are older than what is available after unistalling newer patches. Is thee a dbug mode I can track where the package aborts? Any clues? I have posted my DXdiag under steam and just sent an error call to SEGA. My PC runs all other total war games fine.
    Post your dxdiag.

JGL's Avatar Miles

rep +
    I'm not too familiar with bios installations, can anyone help me with which one I should install?
    http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...3809&dl=1#bios

Bios: award modular bios V6.00PG
    Motherboard: GA-880GM-USB3

cheers Pat
    Last edited by JGL; December 30, 2011 at 02:47 PM.
    The Moralizing Empire.
    "When my lovely tribe invaded other land it was for bravery and pride, if Rome invaded other land it was because Romans were the evil." Courtesy of Romanheart
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As new as the cpu is, I'd try the newest one, personally. It's about the same time as the chip's release.

Did all that and tried your advices again but nothing worked. I have all of the total war and other games on my PC and they work fine. I downloaded (pirated) the earlier version of the game and it worked. I am going to go back to Rome and Empire until fixed patch or The fall of Samurai come out ( hope it's going to work). Thank you for your help and keep on the good work.
    Last edited by ChaosChosen92; December 30, 2011 at 10:02 PM.

Hello everyone, I registered because of this same problem. Shogun 2 (on Steam) failing to launch, just instantly crashes. I've read through so many solutions but they just won't work. The main problem I am having is that Steam consistently makes me download corrupted files. I download the game, go to verify the files, and... "x" number of files failed to validate. So I download those files... "x" number of files failed to validate again. So I'll do the same process.... I've done this 5-6 times now and I'm tired of downloading 10-15GB every single time.

Can anyone give me a solution to this? Oh and Steam support doesn't help at all, they haven't replied for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeps5 View Post
    Hello everyone, I registered because of this same problem. Shogun 2 (on Steam) failing to launch, just instantly crashes. I've read through so many solutions but they just won't work. The main problem I am having is that Steam consistently makes me download corrupted files. I download the game, go to verify the files, and... "x" number of files failed to validate. So I download those files... "x" number of files failed to validate again. So I'll do the same process.... I've done this 5-6 times now and I'm tired of downloading 10-15GB every single time.

Can anyone give me a solution to this? Oh and Steam support doesn't help at all, they haven't replied for days.
    The best way we can help is for you to start your onw thread and post your dxdiag. Guessing at this point is not a good thing.

Welcome to TWC.

So I did everything I was told, and for all I know this will work splendidly. See, after I verified my game cache Steam told me that 14 files failed and had to be reacquired. I promptly high-fived the air because I figured my problems were over. Then I realized those 14 files took up 19 gigs, which Steam happily began to download.

My internet speed is 160 kb/s...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimely View Post
    So I did everything I was told, and for all I know this will work splendidly. See, after I verified my game cache Steam told me that 14 files failed and had to be reacquired. I promptly high-fived the air because I figured my problems were over. Then I realized those 14 files took up 19 gigs, which Steam happily began to download.

My internet speed is 160 kb/s...
    This, we have no control. How much free harddisc space do you have on the drive you have Steam installed?

Welcome to TWC.

Hi

My games freezing at the splash screen. Just after the mous changes to the shogun 2 texture the game crashes to desktop.

Tried everything i found on the site including driver, reinstall and c ++ reinstall.

Here's my dxdiag

Quote Originally Posted by Elb2000 View Post
    Hi

My games freezing at the splash screen. Just after the mous changes to the shogun 2 texture the game crashes to desktop.

Tried everything i found on the site including driver, reinstall and c ++ reinstall.

Here's my dxdiag
    Which drive is Steam on?

It's on D:\ (882 GB free)

Is its swap file there, too? 2.1gb on C: drive is not big enough for ETW, so I really doubt TWS2. A ETW player found out Empire needs 37gb or so.

I copied a bit around and know i have 40.7GB free on C:\ Still doesnt work.

If the AMD HDMI sound drivers are loaded in Device Manager, disable them.

Done. No Change.

Uploaded a new dxdiag to cover the changes in the device list.

That's so strange. I played shogun 2 on my last computer (Also win 7 64bit realtek sound device and AMD Card) without any trouble...

I'm running Win 7 64bit but Nvidia card and IDT onboard sound. I just tried and Shogun2 loaded fine.

Have you tried running the benchmarks?

Yeah same problem with the benchmarks...

Same checklist, then.

1. Reboot the computer.
    2. Try updating all drivers starting with motherboard, sound, graphics, etc.
    3. Run Windows Update and install all software options.
    4. If your card is set up crossfire try disabling it. Odds are won't work but worth a shot.
    5. Setup the profile(s) for your card. Odds are won't work but worth a shot.
    6. A clean install of the game.
    7. A clean install of Steam.

After this, I'm out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Update all your drivers starting with the motherboard chipset drivers.

Try the 290 bets drivers from www.nvidia.com, too.

Alright ive started updating the drivers I know how to do. How can i obtain a list of sorts of all my drivers that need updating?

Quote Originally Posted by g00dk1ing View Post
    Alright ive started updating the drivers I know how to do. How can i obtain a list of sorts of all my drivers that need updating?
    Lenovo says it has no drivers to download so try www.intel.com as well as www.nvidia.com.