1 16.67%
  • Vargholt Arodent

1 16.67%
  • William Godwin

3 50.00%
  • Nicholas Connolly

1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Which character should my new AAR be based on...?

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

Default Which character should my new AAR be based on...?

I am currently in the process of working my way through establishing some solid AAR characters that can be used on various occasions in the future. I'm trying to build a profile of them and give them a rich background but fleshing them out - especially juggling them all at once - is proving troublesome, so I'm going to focus on one to begin with and this will form the basis of my next AAR.

My request to the wealth of literary talent on show here is...help me decide whom be the chosen one?

Below are brief pen pics of these fellas...for further detail just ask!

Cheers in advance.
    Last edited by Stívarđr Reynitré; July 06, 2011 at 05:48 PM.

Default Re: Which character should my new AAR be based on...?

Karasu no Shimazu - surrounds the military and personal exploits of Karasu (meaning "Raven") of the Shimazu clan during the Sengoku period of Japanese history. At around 40 years of age we begin his tale as a senior member of the clan who is seeking the restoration of their honour. He is a stocky man of average size and his endurance is his greatest trait. He has been aged by a dark secret that remains hidden throughout the tale - rearing its head only in the final chapters. An underlying theme will be the love Karasu has for the daughter of a sworn rival.

Jofur Amundsen - surrounds the warring exploits of Jofur (meaning "Boar") of Trondheim in the frozen north of Norway during the 8th century. At around 32 years of age we begin his tale as his cousin take the throne and calls for an invasion of the British Isles. He is a behemoth of a man with great strength - although his respect for the gods is his greatest trait. He carries the memories of a childhood witnessing the death of his parents. An underlying theme will be the power vacuum in the Scandinavian/Germanic regions.

Vargholt Arodent - surrounds the emergence of Vargholt (meaning "Wolf of the Forest") of Rohan; an Axeman of the Riddermark. At around 26 years of age we begin his tale during the early stages of the "Fellowship" - although never the twain doth meet. He is a steely, quiet and stoic man who has a very average appearance but possesses riding skills that surpass even the expectations of his fellow men.

William Godwin - surrounds the early career of a trainee archer and follows him until he becomes a war hardened hero. At around 23 years of age he is deeply inexperienced and will be taken advantage of on more than one occasion - however, this builds up a deep resentment of society and William becomes very reclusive yet highly skilled.

Nathaniel to follow...

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

How long are you planning on making your AAR?
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

I want to unleash an epic...but it must be right.

Plenty of background substance and characters to get your teeth into.

I want to create a main character that I will become personally attached to...I haven't been able to do that yet.