Thread: How did you guys get Oda Shogunate?

Default How did you guys get Oda Shogunate?

I never seem to get it when I test with DM. Does Ashikaga boost have to be on? Or does RD have to have hit?
    Or does it happen in vanilla as well?
    Rather I do not finish than to finish something imperfect.

GallusMods:
    -Import Matchlocks From Trade Nodes: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=462376
    -Faction Units Recruitable At Castles: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=463489
    -Oda-Tokugawa Alliance:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=456383
    -trying out UAI mod for goodies. GallusMod Proper coming up!

Default Re: How did you guys get Oda Shogunate?

Happened to me this week. Ashikaga boost was off, if it matters.
    It's simply a question of who gets to Kyoto first and holds it for one year. In my case, Oda was wise to ally with Hojo and made Takeda and Usueguai their little .

They won't remain shogun for long though
    All roads lead to Rome101. Also, squirrels.

Thanks for answering.
    Does that ever happen in vanilla?
    Rather I do not finish than to finish something imperfect.

GallusMods:
    -Import Matchlocks From Trade Nodes: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=462376
    -Faction Units Recruitable At Castles: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=463489
    -Oda-Tokugawa Alliance:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=456383
    -trying out UAI mod for goodies. GallusMod Proper coming up!

I guess you'll get an answer for that in the general S2 discussions forum. I don't know what about anyone else but I personally can't quit DMS, I just can't get back to the rushy vanilla game experience.
    All roads lead to Rome101. Also, squirrels.

I like to pretend that vanilla doesnt exist
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

MJWilliams's Avatar Tiro

Had Oda Shogunate appear late last night whilst playing as Mori. I decided to turtle and build up my forces before assaulting Kyushu, whilst the Oda and Hattori alliance spread across the map to the east. At about 1556 Oda must have stomped Kyoto because the 'rival daimyo has declared himself shogun' thing came up. I'm deliberately playing a slow campaign so they can have it for now

Not had this happen with any other clans yet, though.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by rob-a-dogg View Post
    I like to pretend that vanilla doesnt exist

...nice one mate...

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    ...nice one mate...
    Serious, a friend was deciding weather or no to get Shogun 2 the other day, but i told him to wait a bit and see what happens with that last patch as it seemed to ruin custom units. So i just cautioned him to wait a bit and let things pan out, as i felt there was a pretty good chance that some one would figure out what the problem was then its back to business as usual (which is what has happened thanks to Radious and company). But my friend was all like "but ill still get heeps of gameplay out of vanilla tho right? I dont need the mods on there right away I guess.", at which point a flicked my just made coffee over his face, broke the cup over his head and stomped on his mouse hand and replied "How dare you speak such blasphemy in my house sir. Good day."

Needless to say I sent him on his way with the latest DMS, AUM and other choice mods (yari switch, wooden stakes, no arrow dust + added blood, etc) on a usb stick and he now owns the game.
    ----------------------

Vasa's Avatar Tiro

It happened to me once (Tokugawa-Oda alliance was on, but Oda boost was not). After losing a Chosokabe campaign by triggering RD too early, I decided to be cautious with my Ikko Ikki campaign. Unfortunately, I was a bit too cautious and ended up allying with the Oda, who blocked my expansion into southern Honshu. I eventually triggered RD and took the shogunate from them, but the game is considerably less fun once the map is split between a few very powerful clans.

It would be nice if you could some how incite clan rebelions, i.e. your monk incites either a random rebelion (regular brown crebles) or 'clan' rebels from a destroyed faction. Having it random between the two would probably be more balanced but id prefer the option of deciding between either once each time. Which clan is incited would be based on which region you are in, so you cant inspire Shimazu rebels in the Date home province.

This would help to counter the massive clans you end up with at the end with an option that requires you to actively mess around with local politics
    ----------------------

How long does it normally take any AI clan to take the Shogunate. I have never had it occur to me. Do they suffer from a Realm Divide?

MJWilliams's Avatar Tiro

How long does it normally take any AI clan to take the Shogunate. I have never had it occur to me. Do they suffer from a Realm Divide?
    It all depends on who is prominent around Kyoto and their diplomatic relations but I've had it happen twice now, Oda and Hattori respectively. Both times were before 1560 so very early on in the campaign. The second time, the Hattori Shogunate became so embattled in and around Kyoto that they bankrupted themselves, didn't pull out to reconcile and were totally annexed by a combination of minor clans and the Ikko Ikki.

As far as the AI getting a RD, I don't think they get it. I've noticed by the time they seize Kyoto they have a multitude of enemies, but no negative RD diplomatic factor with me (given that the diplomacy is asymmetrical). It would be great to see the AI clan having to fight off a RD...maybe something for the future?

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by rob-a-dogg View Post
    Serious, a friend was deciding weather or no to get Shogun 2 the other day, but i told him to wait a bit and see what happens with that last patch as it seemed to ruin custom units. So i just cautioned him to wait a bit and let things pan out, as i felt there was a pretty good chance that some one would figure out what the problem was then its back to business as usual (which is what has happened thanks to Radious and company). But my friend was all like "but ill still get heeps of gameplay out of vanilla tho right? I dont need the mods on there right away I guess.", at which point a flicked my just made coffee over his face, broke the cup over his head and stomped on his mouse hand and replied "How dare you speak such blasphemy in my house sir. Good day."

Needless to say I sent him on his way with the latest DMS, AUM and other choice mods (yari switch, wooden stakes, no arrow dust + added blood, etc) on a usb stick and he now owns the game.