Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Complete Economic Failure! Please help!!!

Default Re: Compete Economic Failure! Please help!!!

K/t stop being so ing cool and arrogant..your NOT contributing at all to this thread and all you ever do is linking to your own boring post. Really i'm getting so tired of you, next time you post please let it have something to do with the actual problem

Default Re: Compete Economic Failure! Please help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Larsel View Post
    K/t stop being so ing cool and arrogant..your NOT contributing at all to this thread and all you ever do is linking to your own boring post. Really i'm getting so tired of you, next time you post please let it have something to do with the actual problem
    To be fair, he did solve the problem by asking "are you using BGR?" in his first post.

Default Re: Complete Economic Failure! Please help!!!

Why are you mad at me for pointing out that people don't bother to read the download instructions, the installation instructions and the playing instructions? Why aren't you mad at them? They're the problem. They're the reason that the first question technical support staff ask nowadays is "is it plugged in?".

If you don't teach people to solve their own problems, they'll never be self-sufficient.

does being arrogant and always linking to your completely useless thread make people self-sufficient?

Speaking of complete economic failure...I'm at turn 56 in my Mongol campaign and I'm still at -60,000 florins!

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by recentiy03 View Post
    Speaking of complete economic failure...I'm at turn 56 in my Mongol campaign and I'm still at -60,000 florins!
    That sounds quite appealing. I must try mongols one day. My 1st BGRIV campaign with teutons left me in debt for about 50 turns I think. I was constantly at war and my armies were gradually being wittled down and I was having to pull out all the stops in battles to save troops as I very slowly turned things aroundby conquest and having less troops. Debt is great for gameplay.
    Last edited by Byg; July 07, 2011 at 02:58 PM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    That sounds quite appealing. I must try mongols one day.
    It depends alot on how you handle the free reinforcements stacks. You need to balance the ones you keep with your expansion otherwise you can't repair cities and are plagued by constant rebellions you can't recruit cheap troops to suppress so you either let the rebellion happen or put a stack who cost is more than the income of the city. It is basically impossible to play if you don't disband most of the free stacks. You can expand quite fast even doing so and then keep a few of the later reinforcements but even then its difficult choice as the cost to pay them every turn as they take 20 turns to reach the front lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    That sounds quite appealing. I must try mongols one day.
    Just make sure you decidedly go north or south from turn 1 -- probably best to go south, since the Cumans are pagan and are more like to offer an alliance -- and don't try to fight the Cumans and the Kwames at once because if you don't finish off the Kwames then your settlements will continuously rebel on you and reconvert back to the Kwamezarians. I had 'em down to 2 settlements and now they're back up to 6. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna lose as soon as the Timurids arrive because I made the wrong moves right off the bat. I've burned Shiraz, Ishafan and Ray 2-3 times EACH and they still rebel every few turns.

Patrician

I think I'd like to try just leaving a trail of devastation behind me, conquering, destroying buildings, killling everyone and moving on across the world. I'd also like to try that in the game.

Konstantines - I would hate a scipt of economic/miltary help for the CS, some factions are just hard to play and that's how it should be. Experienced players manage it with CS. There have been threads/posts about them anyway

K/T - You can of course help by telling the guy that this is how BGR is and he should read its instructions, but you said a little too much imo here. I love your links by the way, but it gets old sometimes.

Why should I have to tell him to read the instructions? It's a pretty obvious thing to do.

And to the other guy: How exactly is telling people "read the manual" arrogant? My thread was not useless at all, it's just too subtle for you. People never read the instructions to anything and they never search for the answer first. Then they say to me "Oh, why don't you just answer my question that's been asked 10000 times before? By not spoon-feeding me and instead telling me how to find the answer myself you're spamming the thread!!"

There is a difference between "I read the instructions but I'm unclear about a few things" and "I just randomly clicked buttons, ignored the text that popped up, clicked some more buttons and now the game doesn't work".

Sorry for my arrogance in expecting people to not do things blindly. I guess " 'common' sense" is just a figure of speech.

Ziserman...the link to my poll gets old? What about people asking the same question 10000 times because they can't be bothered to read anything, even the huge, bolded, underlined font at the top of a thread? That stays fresh?

k/t, your thread IS useless. Nonetheless I can easily follow the way you look at people who doesn't take their time to read what should have been read. So just give them an answer that has something to do with the post, point out that it probably already has been asked and stop just only giving a link to your thread and nothing else (which I have seen you do a number of times). Also keep in mind that if people ALWAYS looked for old threats/posts, this would be a pretty dead forum tbh

Tiro

Sometimes links to discussions help more then a single answer.

OK K/T, I seriously laugh at your answers but it's true there are people who don't read instructions from what they're installing. Most often it's not the people's fault, they're used to it from most vanilla games today which are so simple they barely even require a tutorial.

You can be informative without bashing on people. I have seen this thread 100 times, you 10000 but for some people they haven't ever seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by ziserman View Post
    Most often it's not the people's fault, they're used to it from most vanilla games today which are so simple they barely even require a tutorial.
    That is really a chicken or the egg discussion. My two cents: As long as someone doesn't post something like this I can live with it.

In any case here I am scratching my head wondering what to do with this topic. May the next game of "In Before The Lock" begin.

Patrician

You've changed Bane. Not so long ago you would have stormed in here with a couple of heavy moderators on either wing, grabbed the perpetrators by the collar and pants and booted them out simultaneously.

"As long as someone doesn't post something like this I can live with it."

Why don't you want people giving the best answer to the question?

And as to the forum being "dead" if people read the instructions...boo hoo. We should start building dams with teaspoons in order to create jobs?

"Most often it's not the people's fault"

It's not fat people's fault they're fat! It's McDonald's'!

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    "As long as someone doesn't post something like this I can live with it."

Why don't you want people giving the best answer to the question?
    Because the F in RTFM is censored here - other than that you should know that I myself more than often point to the manuals, release topics and search function.

I'll close this down now as this is going nowwhere.

On a sidenote to everyone: a few real quotes haven't hurt anyone. Really makes for an easier read.

Closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12