Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SH's New Map And Slower Expansion For SS6.4 (VERSION 0.3 OUT)

Default Re: SH's New Map And Slower Expansion For SS6.4 (VERSION 0.2 OUT)

Yes. Only Ai is checked.

Kill Them All, Let God Sort Them Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian Hussar View Post
    @ Ichon
    Ok, I will consider it for the next update. But I would leave the islands, they are fun stuf when playing with Aragon/Genoa/Venice.
    Not suggesting take out all the islands but Ajuccio never had any impact on gameplay in any campaign I've done and Genoa is my favorite faction. Also historically Corsica contributed very little to Genoa and only had some very small colonies there with interior of the island ruled by small warlords basically until Genoa needed the agricultural products to support its population when losing Crimea in 1400s.

Rhodes bugs me because AI simply can't handle it. So many campaigns I see whichever AI ended up with it having stacked the whole island with armies and economically and population size Rhodes was never important. Politically it was only due to Knights of Rhodes being a thorn in the side of Muslims that it had relevance but for all the Knights could do they had as much affect as the N African corsairs in the west. In other words- yes they caused problems for Islamic shipping and even sometimes captured Christian ships which traded with Islamic cities but really never seriously threatened anything.

Crete, Sardinia, Ireland, Cyprus... all being represented by 1 region seems fine as they were important enough in economics, population, and politics to be meaningful. Visby I honestly don't think so but for game balance reasons and because I don't see AI leaving stacks of armies there while Novgorod has attacked me there several times and also when I play Novgorod or Teutons its a great place to have. Never had Rhodes invaded in any of my campaigns, and Crete only a couple times but at least a couple times is better than none. Cyprus I've had a couple campaigns where it was invaded repeatedly by Fatimids and Byzantines.
    Last edited by Ichon; July 12, 2011 at 05:26 PM.

Serbian Hussar's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Gogolometro View Post
    Yes. Only Ai is checked.
    Hmm.. I probably know whats wrong. I shouldn't have put descr_campaign_db.xml, packagedb.txt and packageglobalconfig.txt in. Those are from crusaders mod and are needed for PSF. But after crash, I copied new data folder and it worked fine. Don't try to change descr_strat, just copy new data folder in.
    I have fixed it. Sorry for the trouble.

P.S. Here are the files. That should fix it. They go in SS6.3/data. Fix isn't needed anymore.

I done your bug fix. I get new error in log. But same type of error.

07:37:05.501 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    07:37:05.502 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    07:37:05.506 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    07:37:05.507 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    07:37:05.508 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    07:37:05.509 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    07:37:05.510 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    07:37:05.510 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    07:37:18.048 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 996, column 74
    Character 'Ruggero' is too young to be a named character at age 15.

Kill Them All, Let God Sort Them Out!

What I can say is that I become in every game this:

20:03:36.957 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    20:03:36.957 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    20:03:37.025 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    20:03:37.063 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    20:03:37.139 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    20:03:37.189 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    20:03:37.254 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    20:03:37.291 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    20:03:49.864 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/descr_sm_factions.txt, at line 188, column 31
    file: "descr_sm_factions.txt": horde unit type 'Xorazm { 0 }' not found in unit_db
    20:06:36.427 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2452, column 16
    Population of 1800 is too high for a village - max is 1500
    20:06:36.427 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2459, column 1
    The castle core building level should be EQUAL the settlement level!

20:06:36.433 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2911, column 16
    Population of 1800 is too high for a village - max is 1500
    20:06:36.433 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2918, column 1
    The castle core building level should be EQUAL the settlement level!

20:06:36.516 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 7297, column 16
    Population of 400 is too low for a large_town - min is 500
    20:06:36.517 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 7425, column 12
    You have chosen an invalid tile(38, 30) for the settlement of Timbuktu.
    It will mean not being able to reach this settlement and is a bug.
    For now we'll ignore it.
    20:06:36.517 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 7428, column 16
    Population of 400 is too low for a village - min is 500
    20:06:36.569 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 8584, column 79
    you have chosen an invalid tile(364, 185) for Turgut (slave)

BUT it doesn't show me a CTD. I can play the campaign, but with high loading times(when you start or try to load your campaign).
    I also have modified the descr_strat and it seems that this isn't a problem because I've added also the timurids and the teutonic_order to my game.

Use that fix above. With loading times I don't know how to help. But I've noticed that turn times are much faster for me.

The long loading times aren't so bad, it is compensate by the faster turn times
    I'm curious about your next version

I've researched the history of the Kingdom of Aragon and found out that they only have Navarre from the start of the our campaign. They didn't conquer Zaragossa until 1118 and so they also didn't have Barcelona from start on.(its on wikipedia)
    You can also slower the campaign when you decrease the population growth from minor and large cities(but don't do it with towns, villages and large towns, because in my opinion nobody likes to use militia units for xxx turns. It makes sense to stopp the massive growth of cities. Maybe you can think about it if you like my idea.
    Last edited by Bund weicher Birnen; July 14, 2011 at 04:33 AM.

Well, next I'll be focusing more on geting Permanent Stone Forts to work, ancillaries for new settlements and other minor adjuctments. Maybe some small starting position adjuctments as well.
    SS has already slow settlement growht rate, so let's leave it how it is. Maybe we could lower the peasants and militias stats and make them weaker so that a much smaller professional army can easily beat them.
    I would also like to make a small sub submod for 2 years per turn. This is how I like to play my campaigns so I can faster get to the good units and while all factions are alive.
    Appreciate your envolment, keep up the good work

Maybe we could lower the peasants and militias stats and make them weaker so that a much smaller professional army can easily beat them.

Doesn't that make expansion easier? As it is now peasants and militia are already incredibly easy to beat. Making them easier why bother to even include them?

That shouldn't change expansion rate. We can give rebels some professional units. It always bothered me how spear militia has 7 shield defence, while knights have 5!?

That shouldn't change expansion rate. We can give rebels some professional units. It always bothered me how spear militia has 7 shield defence, while knights have 5!?
    They had larger shields as were not mounted. Its meant to help them versus arrows as the rest of their armor is 0. If you make shields smaller they should probably have at least 1 armor. They did wear furs and leather depending on where. Just not high quality. If you take away shield and make militia worse you should just combine peasants and militia into 1 unit.
    Last edited by Ichon; July 14, 2011 at 11:15 AM.

Well they are peasants with no training expiriance so 7 shield defence is a bit much no matter the shield size. And their spears were poorly made and should not have +2 bonus against cavalry. Maybe +1 and shield 5 max. And I was talking about dismounted knights, mounted ones have 3 shield. Very rarely did peasant manage to kill a knight. On that, knighs should probably have a "frighten_foot" attribute. Those peasants must have been soiling their pants when they saw knights charging, on horse or on foot

The Source's Avatar Senator

im enjoying the map so far, im just wondering when it will be released for the late game and when the forts will be completed

I have my last exam in two days, so right after that I'll start making PSF and late campaign map.

I've found a bug. I can't build ports in Al Aqaba and Mecca. It's also not in the building list.
    I don't know if this counts for other coast settlements too, but you should check that.
    Last edited by Bund weicher Birnen; July 15, 2011 at 04:35 AM.

Any way to make this compatible with MSC?
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

Quote Originally Posted by Bund weicher Birnen View Post
    I've found a bug. I can't build ports in Al Aqaba and Mecca. It's also not in the building list.
    I don't know if this counts for other coast settlements too, but you should check that.
    I've started a campaign with Fatimids and I can build ports just fine. See the attachement.

Quote Originally Posted by kingman1337 View Post
    Don't know, you should ask Meneth.

Quote Originally Posted by kingman1337 View Post
    Sure. But currently this isn't submod manager enabled. Just as MSC you have to think of this as an update or a conversion, the more extensive the changes the more submods become mutually exlusive.

As soon as the 1.0 version is finished I will make it submod manager enabled.

As soon as the 1.0 version is finished I will make it submod manager enabled.
    Good plan