Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The First Triumvirate v1.8 (for RTW v1.5)

Stuie's Avatar Laudir Agus Mir

Default The First Triumvirate v1.86 (for RTW v1.5)

PLEASE NOTE: One of the biggest changes for v1.86 is that the campaign exe files (TFT_Caesar.exe, TFT_Pompey.exe and TFT_Crassus.exe) will now LAUNCH RTW after installing the campaign files.

Version 1.86 of The First Triumvirate mod is now available. v1.86 is save game compatible with games started under v1.85, but not prior versions. This builds on the work done to port v1.75a to be compatible with RTW v1.5. Four campaigns are included:

1. Crassus in the East - 53 BC
    2. Caesar - 58 BC
    3. Pompey - 49 BC
    4. The Gallic Rebellion - 53 BC

***Be sure to check out the great stuff in store in the Fall of the Republic - Rise of the Empire (FRRE) mods available soon!***

Note that you will need winrar to extract the files (available here).

EDIT: DOWNLOAD LINKS REMOVED - v1.9 IS AVAILABLE HERE:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49252

============================
    INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

To install the full version:
    1. Have a clean version of RTW 1.5
    2. Unzip the contents of "TFTv1.86full.rar" to a temporary folder.
    3. Run the TFTv1.86full.exe and follow the prompts to install TFT in your desired RTW directory.

To install the v1.86patch to a prior v1.8 version of TFT:
    1. Have a clean version of RTW 1.5
    2. You should have previously installed TFT v1.8 or higher.
    3. Unzip the contents of "TFTv1.86.rar" to the main RTW folder.

To play the game for either installation:
    4a. (To play Caesar) Double click on the TFT_Caesar.exe in the main RTW folder to run it and follow the prompts - RTW will launch with the Caesar Campaign loaded.
    4b. (To play Crassus or the Gallic Rebellion) Double click on the TFT_Crassus.exe in the main RTW folder to run it and follow the prompts - RTW will launch with the Crauss and Gallic Campaigns loaded.
    4c. (To play Pompey) Double click on the TFT_Pompey.exe in the main RTW folder to run it and follow the prompts - RTW will launch with the Pompey Campaign loaded.

Once in the game...
    To activate the 4TPY:
    1. Click on a settlement you own
    2. The advisor pops up.
    3. Click ON her face.
    4. Click on the "Accept" icon.
    That's it. ENJOY!

**Please change your preferences.txt: FIRST TIME PLAY: FALSE to TRUE after installing TFT 1.86 if you are using a new installation of RTW v1.5.

CHANGES IN RECENT VERSIONS
    <<<<<<TFT 1.86>>>>>>
    1. Implemented some of SigniferOne's Animations Pack. Thanks to SigniferOne for permission and DaVinci for the grunt work!
    - All legionaries have a proper historical gladius animation (fs_s1_gladius)
    - All barbarian swordsmen and axemen have their proper historical animation (fs_s1_barbswordsman)
    - All foot archers have a more accurate animation (fs_s1_fast_archer)
    - All horse archers have a more accurate animation (fs_s1_hc_archer)
    2. Fixed mercenary recruitment areas. No more African mercs in Italy.
    3. Added user friendly installer/launchers for all three campaigns.
    4. Reverted to "arrow" icon for all horse archers. The "javelin" icon had been a work-around for a CA bug that has been fixed in RTW v1.5.

<<<<<<TFT 1.85>>>>>>
    1. Incorporated Marcus Camillus's season changes.
    2. Fixed issues with the v1.83 patch.

<<<<<<TFT 1.83>>>>>>
    1. Added Gallic Rebellion Campaign (included with the Crassus exe).
    2. Reworked Gallic family tree for the above.
    3. Fixed CTDs caused by improper buildings in several cities. All cities have now been checked and are CTD-free.
    4. Fixed CTDs associated with bad traits in the character_traits file.
    5. Got rid of the peasants in Egypt (thanks sarkis for pointing out this and some other issues!).

<<<<<<TFT 1.82>>>>>>
    1. Added Pompey Campaign.
    2. Fixed code to start Civil War in the Crassus Campaign - it was not triggering sometimes.
    3. Fixed bad barracks in Segestica that was causing a CTD.

<<<<<<TFT 1.81>>>>>>
    1. Fixed Parthian general model (thanks to the_celt!).
    2. Fixed night battle code ("options bi" was inadvertently left out of the descr_strat.txt files).
    3. Updated DarthFormations with DaVinci's modified version of DarthFormations 8.5 (thanks DaVinci!).

<<<<<<TFT 1.8>>>>>>
    1. Install now requires RTW v1.5. Earlier versions of RTW are NOT supported.
    2. Fully implemented "mod:the_first_triumvirate" shortcut so as not to install invasively over vanilla RTW. You can now play RTW and TFT side-by-side without all sorts of messy copying and such.
    3. Added night battles, associated traits and necessary files.
    4. Removed Pompey and Gaul campaigns. Only Caesar and Crassus are playable at this time.
    5. Calmed the senate down slightly (but not too much).

SEE THE README FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF CHANGES AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION.

i only read this cos i saw the name stuie...

Dont have BI so wouldnt have looked in this forum otherwise. maybe put a thread in the RTW mod section?

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Wow that was unexpected. Sweet, somthing to hold me off till the Second Triumvirate.(not really looking forword to Marius)

BTW did you ever fix the Parthians Stuie? The Shah's bodyguards were designed to be an archer+lancer unit like the cataphracts in RTR. Instead there a sword+lancer unit and thus, they use there bows like lances. Also there unit cards were screwed up and still used vanilla cards. :laughing: I'll see if i can ask AR to make some for you.
    Last edited by Slaxx Hatmen; March 18, 2006 at 04:44 PM.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy1973
    i only read this cos i saw the name stuie...

Dont have BI so wouldnt have looked in this forum otherwise. maybe put a thread in the RTW mod section?
    But where in the RTW section? I wasn't sure so I just settled for posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by the_celt
    BTW did you ever fix the Parthians Stuie? The Shah's bodyguards were designed to be an archer+lancer unit like the cataphracts in RTR. Instead there a sword+lancer unit and thus, they use there bows like lances.
    It's pretty much straight conversion - no changes. If you can identify a fix, I'll patch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuie
    It's pretty much straight conversion - no changes. If you can identify a fix, I'll patch it.
    Did it myself. Copy this line into export_descr_unit.txt(replacing the original ofcourse)

type parthian general's cavalry early
    dictionary parthian_generals_cavalry_early ; Eastern General
    category cavalry
    class heavy
    voice_type General_1
    soldier parthia_huvaka, 12, 0, 1
    mount generals horse
    mount_effect elephant -8, camel -4
    attributes sea_faring, general_unit, hide_forest, very_hardy, no_custom
    formation 1.5, 4, 3, 6, 4, square, wedge
    stat_health 2, 0
    stat_pri 7, 70, arrow, 140, 30, missile, archery, piercing, none, 25 , 1
    stat_pri_attr prec,thrown
    stat_sec 22, 104, no, 0, 0, melee, blade, piercing, spear, 25 , 0.8
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 9, 4, 4, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 1, flesh
    stat_heat 2
    stat_ground 0, 0, -6, 0
    stat_mental 21, normal, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 40
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 2, 1000, 200, 80, 120, 780
    ownership parthia
    And copy this into descr_model_battle.txt

type parthia_huvaka
    skeleton fs_hc_archer, fs_hc_spearman
    indiv_range 40
    texture parthia, data/models_unit/textures/unit_parthian_guard_cataphracts.tga
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/unit_parthian_invulnerables.cas, 15
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/unit_parthian_invulnerables.cas, 30
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/unit_parthian_invulnerables.cas, 40
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_parthian_invulnerables.cas, max
    model_sprite parthia, 100.0, data/sprites/tft/tft_parthia_parthia_huvaka_sprite.spr
    model_sprite pontus, 60.0, data/sprites/pontus_east_cappodocian_cavalry_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

This is for 1.5, so you don't need BI. So if I'm right, this is just the old TFT 1.75a but ported onto 1.5 and without the Pompey campaign? Well, it'll be a useful stopgap. But how long until the First Man in Rome emerges? And more importantly still, how long until the First Triumvirate v2 emerges? Both excite me, but TFT 2 excites me rather more.

Incidentally, why did you remove Pompey and Vercingetorix? To be honest, I never played either of them (I didn't like Pompey because he started off with too much land - far too many cities to manage. Vercingetorix had to fight about a hundred battles in one turn, so I didn't like that), but it's still a curious decision in my mind.

Oh, and a final plea - PLEASE, PLEASE cut down the number of cities for FMIR and TFT 2! I hate having to manage so many provinces at the start of the game! And I hate having to besiege so many cities to win!

Orb's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea
    This is for 1.5, so you don't need BI. So if I'm right, this is just the old TFT 1.75a but ported onto 1.5 and without the Pompey campaign? Well, it'll be a useful stopgap. But how long until the First Man in Rome emerges? And more importantly still, how long until the First Triumvirate v2 emerges? Both excite me, but TFT 2 excites me rather more.

Incidentally, why did you remove Pompey and Vercingetorix? To be honest, I never played either of them (I didn't like Pompey because he started off with too much land - far too many cities to manage. Vercingetorix had to fight about a hundred battles in one turn, so I didn't like that), but it's still a curious decision in my mind.

Oh, and a final plea - PLEASE, PLEASE cut down the number of cities for FMIR and TFT 2! I hate having to manage so many provinces at the start of the game! And I hate having to besiege so many cities to win!

Yep Stuie ported the 1.75a build to RTW 1.5, he explains any changes in the readme. Now how long until FMIR...well i guess i could give an answer to that. FMIR is the beta stage and it will go first it's beta test within a week (hopefully).

We plan to release a number of campaigns; Marius, Sulla, Sertorius, Mithridates, Pompey, Caesar, Augustus and much more! We want to have at least 3 campaigns ready for a spring/summer release. The other campaigns to follow... but hopefully all before MTW2!!!

Seige fests - well i hated them too The map we are using is huge - if you've seen icetorques map then you'll know how big. We also have a number of ways to stop seige fests (which i think everyone will appreciate!) but management will still be there in some form. However the main focus is on epic battles of the time, like the German hordes, the fight for Rome, the social war and much more....

The TFT team will be doing an interview over at RTR .org soon and more details and screens will be posted then
    Last edited by Orb; March 19, 2006 at 10:48 AM.

TFT 's Fall of the Republic - Rise of the Empire (FRRE) Mod Project
    A collection of Post-Marian Reform mods for B.I

Quote Originally Posted by the celt
    Did it myself. Copy this line into export_descr_unit.txt(replacing the original ofcourse)
    Thanks celt! There will be a patch forthcoming that addresses this and a couple quick fixes for some issues Orb found.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Hang on - are you using Ice Torque's map? Or are you using the upcoming RTR 7.0 map? I rather hope it's not the same as Ice Torque's, because, and no offence here, I thought that that map was ugly as hell and wildly historically and geographically inaccurate.

I'm actually using the old RTR 5.4.1 map for this version of TFT.

FRRE will be using a new map - Orb can provide details if/when appropriate. Not sure what info is public at this point.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Pompey?

Quote Originally Posted by Appius
    Pompey?
    I'll see how much work is involved and maybe include him as part of the next patch. Never remember many people expressing interest in his campaign in past versions. Seems like everyone loves Caesar and I like Crassus.

Orb's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea
    Hang on - are you using Ice Torque's map? Or are you using the upcoming RTR 7.0 map? I rather hope it's not the same as Ice Torque's, because, and no offence here, I thought that that map was ugly as hell and wildly historically and geographically inaccurate.
    I said if you've seen icetorques map then you'll know how big it's going to be. Historical and geographical accuracy of the FRRE map is very important to me so it's not going to be inaccurate... :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Appius
    Pompey?
    Pompey.

There's one error I get when exiting the game that I have yet to track down, but it does not seem to effect game play.

Quote Originally Posted by Orb
    I said if you've seen icetorques map then you'll know how big it's going to be. Historical and geographical accuracy of the FRRE map is very important to me so it's not going to be inaccurate... :wink:
    How far east will it go? I hope the next version of TFT will use a map with alot of the east cuse Crassus would get boring without India to look forword too after Parthia.

Your very welcome Stuie! I hope the unit cards get fixed soon cuse i wanna port these parthian units to RTR.

Orb's Avatar Tiro

Far enough, Crassus isn't the only campaign that's focus will be on the east
    Last edited by Orb; March 19, 2006 at 06:04 PM.

O rly?

Quote Originally Posted by the celt
    Your very welcome Stuie! I hope the unit cards get fixed soon cuse i wanna port these parthian units to RTR.
    Fine - I'll go read the unit card tutorial and see what I can do.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

I sense...a Parthian campaign...?

Mmmph. This mod makes me wish there was a Mithridatic War mod, with Armenia, and Pontus, and Pompey and/or Lucullus (a Licinii)...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast