Thread: General point : Threads in the Curia

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Default General point : Threads in the Curia

Recently, alot of threads have popped up about various miscellaneous things not concerning site/syntagmal affairs. e.g. ambitions thread, birthdays threads. These things are far better put in the Symposium, leaving the Curia to it's main function of discussion of site matters. As per this :

Quote Originally Posted by Curia Forum Description
    Come to discuss matters of the republic, complaints, grievances, and nominations. Civitates-only!
    p.s. while Sen. Staff will not interfere with the guidelines in the Syntagma concerning the Curia, we will act on things concerning topicality as set out by the ON ToS & general forum rules.

Thanks.

Also, remember only the Curator and Pro Curator reserve the right to use their moderation powers in the Prothalamos and Curia Votes section. Ah and "Congrads threads" are allowed in the curia. Its Tradition.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Søren's Avatar ܁

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Vorenus
    Also, remember only the Curator and Pro Curator reserve the right to use their moderation powers in the Prothalamos and Curia Votes section. Ah and "Congrads threads" are allowed in the curia. Its Tradition.
    Not so, actually.

The Senior Staff will reserve there right to remove/warn/ for/caution for any post which breaches the ToS.

But not close proposal threads.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.

Søren's Avatar ܁

Of course, no worries on that score.

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

That wasn't even eluded too, nor has it happened, making your mentioning of it pointless. Well done on that.

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Oh Rly, To be quite Honest Q, I dont know whats caused you to develop a case of "Stick up ass syndrome", but before making pointless :wub: comments, think. Well Done on that.

Søren's Avatar ܁

Oh Rly, To be quite Honest Q, I dont know whats caused you to develop a case of "Stick up ass syndrome", but before making pointless :wub: comments, think. Well Done on that.
    Both of those threads were closed at request of the topic starter (or in one case, Asterix being the topic starter).

O-Qs right though, really, we haven't interfered on anything which is anything but standard practice.

However, I proposed some guidelines on Praetorian intereference in the Curia, which will limit this, which were unanimously agreed on, so we probably won't be seeing repeats of those, fair as they may have been.

Anyway, let's keep it friendly, guys

Request or no request, its the Curators Job, or the Pro Curators to decide when to close a proposal.

example -

If I open a proposal and Mirimswell changes it totally into something I didnt want it to be, I cannot ask for it to be closed. If someone gives up on a proposal and debate is still going, doesnt matter who asks, it stays open untill the Pro Curator or Curator decide.

Praetors have no buisness using their mod powers in the Prothalamos, unless there is a breach in the TOS.

Søren's Avatar ܁

Request or no request, its the Curators Job, or the Pro Curators to decide when to close a proposal.

example -

If I open a proposal and Mirimswell changes it totally into something I didnt want it to be, I cannot ask for it to be closed. If someone gives up on a proposal and debate is still going, doesnt matter who asks, it stays open untill the Pro Curator or Curator decide.

Praetors have no buisness using their mod powers in the Prothalamos, unless there is a breach in the TOS.
    I agree, which was why I have proposed/introduced guidelines to that effect

Good, I didnt want to complain at all, but it was between Q making me look like a moron or complaining, I chose option 2.

Nice to know you did that though,

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

If you'd linked to that in the first place, I would have known what you were talking about. As a response to The Bavarian Noble, it seemed completely random. My apologies for any offence.

Although I have being a bit pedantic this week.....I'm in a bad mood.

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

No Problems, Just dont take it out on me, your not the only one in a bad mood recently, :wink: