Thread: Modding the deployment zones

ElementUK's Avatar Miles

Default Modding the deployment zones

Too often at the start of battles, the deployment zones are way too close to each other. This totally kills any advantage of having superior ranged artillery. The zones imo, would benefit from being set right at the backs of the field. The greater distance between opponents the better. At least gain some time to allow for manouvers and the taking of good ground and making the most of your long range guns.

So I guess the question is; Has anyone already done this...or can anyone mod this?
    "Nuke the Site from orbit - Only way to be sure"!

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Modding the deployment zones

I'm pretty sure it's been done before, EiC for instance uses it: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=402149 and I think there is a lone mod out there which does it too.

Edit: in the credits of EiC, they thank "Baron Von Beer for his Deployment Zones Mod". Maybe start a search with this username?

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Well I think I've got it:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=341069

An important thing though, this seems to be for campaign battles only, and this will usually makes things much more easier against the AI. If you're on the defence, the AI will usually start running as soon as the battle begins and ends up exhausted if you're at the other side of the map.

ElementUK's Avatar Miles

Thanks for going to the effort of replying. If the AI does that then....sounds like they need a compatible mod again lol. You'd think that if the AI was the side with the superior Guns, they would hang back and pound. Sounds like the games set up for 20 minute battles the way they act.

Baron Von Beers deployment zone mod works very well in my experience. Use it in conjunction with a major mod to nullify the problem of the ai running too much and tiring out. I use LME mod with it and the ai uses the extra space well.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Really? Guess I'll have to try this in LME then. This + Wolves' mod with 40vs40 units should make things pretty interesting.

ElementUK's Avatar Miles

When I tried the deployment mod, two different sized areas were indeed visible. One covered the entire back of the map whilst the other was wide but never went to the back of the map. However when I tried to place an Inf unit on my extreme left, starting the battle made them dissapear to somewhere else on the map. Great work but Itt looks like it still requires more work. Like was said in the Mod's own thread, it's such a big deal that more people should be working on it.

I was using the NTW3 mod though and that is usefull anyway purely due to the reduced Artillery ranges. It's still plaqued with SP bugs though. I'll used to use LME v2 but I had an extreme lack of Commanders even after Staff College was made. Might just stick to vanilla..sad though that is.