Thread: Battle button that makes all troops (friendly = green or blue, enemy = red) light up

Default Battle button that makes all troops (friendly = green or blue, enemy = red) light up

I am not sure everyone knows what I'm talking about, but in the Third Age mod there is a button that causes all the troops on the battlefield to light up, making it much easier to tell who belongs to whom.

Maybe the button is included in this mod too, but I haven't found it yet in this new interface.

I'm actually not sure if the button was/is in the vanilla game...

PlayerOne's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Battle button that makes all troops (friendly = green or blue, enemy = red) light up

You are correct about the button, i believe that you have to press the big circle in the middle of the smaller ones on the normal battle interface. However i think for this mod it is removed, not sure hwy but i think there is a reason.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Battle button that makes all troops (friendly = green or blue, enemy = red) light up

Oh come on... That was a very useful function.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Oh come on... That was a very useful function.
    Agreed. I miss it.

Opifex

Agreed as well, not sure why it was removed, surely it has to do with the fact that we removed all of the vanilla features, factions, and cultures, and inserted all our own custom cultures and factions in return. I'll see if it can be reintroduced.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Are you sure it's not because of the UI changes?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Opifex

UI changes are just .tga graphics.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

diez's Avatar Biarchus

yeah the new interface is different from the normal...
    and it also gets installed to ur vanilla game,in my first online battle with this i was to lose the missile fight,which is very important for the main,cause of it...but now i got used to it,and its far better...

Rinan's Avatar Centenarius

What I do in for example RTW is just select all units in a certain area, and they are highlighted in green. Everyone not highlighted is usually enemy (battles in which I have allies fighting are probably less than 5% anyway). It works, even though it's less fancy than the nice button from Medieval 2.

Yeah, but it's so much harder to tell when doing that as opposed to having a red vs. green contrast in my opinion. =/

I miss the button too!!!
    The superior man acquaints himself with many sayings of antiquity and many deeds of the past, in order to strengthen his character thereby. -John Milton