Thread: The White Tree and The Red Eye: Book I

Default The White Tree and The Red Eye: Book I

Welcome to my new story: The White Tree and the Red Eye: Book I.

NOTE: THIS STORY IS TOLD FROM SEVERAL POINTS OF VIEW

Prologue

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Prologue

The Fell Beasts flew in the air. The foul breath stenched the city. The Fell Beast was flying over an army that was far within the Land of Shadow. Huge beasts fell in from behind, trolls as they were called dragging catapults and supplies along with them. Factories blazed with the smell of burnt wood and the Orodruin was spewing out lava.

The fellbeast flew him up to the tower. Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul, Ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul. The voice of him hung all over The Land of Shadow like a thunder crackling in a huge city. The fellbeast sat on top of the tower, directly in front of him.... The armies were marching, the force had been unleashed.

A lightning bolt struck near the huge gate as was known as the Black Gate or Morannon. The huge gate screeched open and the armies marched, steadily but fairly fast out of the gate. He watched over the armies as they marched away from the Shadow and into the lighter world.

To the south, a huge green pillar of light rose up from the Vale. The armies of the Dark One had been summoned. The gates opened and out came another large army. Three fellbeasts flew above the army as it marched on to it's new victim. "Move!!!!!!" cried a lieutenant.

"What is your command, Dark one." the rider upon the fellbeast asked. "The armies of Mordor are ready. The Elves and Men will fall."

"Send them forth. The army from the Black Gate will go north, and your army from the Morgul Vale will go west." he said.

The fellbeast and it's rider flew off the tower and flew westward. Three more fellbeasts met up with his and they flew to the Morgul army already marching out of Mordor. The red-yellow light of the Eye shined upon the Land of Shadow. Yet in the black ground a single daisy sprung up, which was immediately trampled by the marching armies.

Chapter 1

Chapter 1: A Soldier

There lived a soldier by the name of Amandil from Dol Amroth who had just come of age. Instead of being picked for the Swan Knights he was chosen to be a Spearman. All his life he had wanted to be a Swan Knight of Imrahil, the prince of Dol Amroth. He was to march with an army to help garrison Minas Tirith. Marching through Lossarnach on the way, Amandil met an experienced soldier by the name of Dagnir.

"We're a couple days from Minas Tirith." Dagnir said as the two soldiers sat near their tents.

"I've never seen the Great City, what is it like?" Amandil replied, curious to know what Minas Tirith looked like.

"Not much once you have been there for a long time, especially with that angry Steward Denethor. Don't tell the Captain I said that." Dagnir smiled, then went to drinking his ale. "Some of the men have been talking about a power rising in the east. Honestly my opinion is that they are all bloody mad."

"I wonder what war is like, or what it will be." Amandil said.

"We should not grow too fond of it, Master Amandil, son of Gildor." Dagnir said. "War it is, a terrible thing."

They continued marching throughout the night until they saw the South-Western gate of the Rammas Echor. The large stone gate opened quite fast and there lie it, Minas Tirith. The army continued marching across the Pelennor and into the lower levels of Minas Tirith. They were greeted by the citizens with flowers and smiles. Amandil and Dagnir were sent to guard the second level near the Archery Practice Range, looking out across the Pelennor in the morning.

"Welcome to Minas Tirith or Minas Anor as it used to be called, the city of Anįrion son of Elendil." Dagnir said, looking towards the smoke rising from West Osgiliath. Amandil smiled. Then several trumpets all over were blown. The Steward Denethor was coming to inspect the troops himself!!!

Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Gondor looks to Cair Andros

Amandil and Dagnir were sent to guard the room where Denethor, Imrahil, Faramir, Boromir, and Forlong (the Fat or the Old as the great man was called). They could hear Denethor talking about spies for the Men of Gondor seeing armies gathering in the Morgul Vale and the Morannon. After talking briefly about the armies sizes', they began to talk about the defences of Gondor's heartlands.

"The Orcs may be strong, but not strong enough to assault the city of Osgiliath, for my soldiers defend it like wild bears defend their cubs. I have ordered the soldiers to keep their weight at East Osgiliath. It is almost nigh for the armies of the Dark Tower to launch an assault on the Silvan Elves from Dol Guldur." said Boromir, proudly, sitting up in his chair next to his younger brother Faramir.

"That may be, Boromir, but two other armies have arrived, one of them has been told to slay enough elves to create a pile to shine above Mirkwood on their way here." Forlong said. He was describing the Easterlings of Rhun, who were joining the armies of Mordor.

"What of the city of Cair Andros? That is barely defended, mostly by rabbles of "Great Gondor Militia." They will be trampled by the Easterlings and Orcs in no time." Imrahil said, laughing at his Militia joke.

"Wait a second, that is a very good observation Imrahil. We must defend Cair Andros like we are defending Osgiliath. But the Nameless One has ordered an invasion of every single city, town, and fort in Gondor. He wants Gondor and the Silvan Elves crushed, for we are the two most powerful nations in Middle-Earth. Then after Gondor is lost, he will move onto the rest of Middle-Earth, slaying men, elves, and dwarves alike!" Denethor said, in a tone that he had not spoken in for years.

Imrahil then stood up, saying: "I will send the spearmen from Dol Amroth to Cair Andros, maybe they will help as well." He was joined by Boromir, who said: "I will send the Swordsmen of Gondor from Erech to Cair Andros." And then Faramir: "I will send the Ithilien Rangers." And Lastly, Forlong: "I will send the Axemen of Lossarnach."

"Great, then we have a plan to defend Cair Andros and Osgiliath. I will send Captain Pelilas to Cair Andros in command." Denethor said. "Now, you are all dismissed."

Dagnir and Amandil walked back to the wall as the group left the palace. Immediately Denethor ordered them to go meet the army on the First Level by the gate to prepare to move out to Cair Andros. Amandil was finally going to fight in a battle. He was excited, yet fearful.
    Last edited by Raw Recruit; July 27, 2011 at 02:50 AM.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: The White Tree and The Red Eye: Book I

cool start I like it

New Chapter posted!

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

Nice I will be watching closely.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

niiccceeeee, poor kid got thrown into the rabble of the army lol