Thread: getting ripped apart as armenia

Default getting ripped apart as armenia

hi, i tried playing as armenia but i get ripped to shreds. everytime amazonia, the seluecids, the sarmatians and the parthians gang up on me without even bothering to attack anyone else or eachother. how can i expandin these conditions? or even survive?
    WhiteYou value law, order, community and light. You love to protect the social order and the rule of law. At your best, you are just and protective. At your worst, you are authoritarian and dogmatic. Your symbol is a sunburst. Your enemies are black and red.

Default Re: getting ripped apart as armenia

can anyone plz give me some hints?
    WhiteYou value law, order, community and light. You love to protect the social order and the rule of law. At your best, you are just and protective. At your worst, you are authoritarian and dogmatic. Your symbol is a sunburst. Your enemies are black and red.

You've got one hope if you can't beat back the other nations-take the biggest army you possibly can field, punch through your enemy's lines, and take a city in a different location to get away from the insta-death.

Dark Storm's Avatar saut dans le vide
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

same happened to me

I will have to try Armenia then, looking for a challenge after breaking out of the dark forests north of the Black Sea.

Androktones's Avatar Foederatus

Gorgons have a tough start too between mighty Carthage, an up an coming Numidia, and Egyptian expansion in the east. You should try it, you might like it.

Of course it helps having some not happy elephants to throw their way when that happens.

Androktones

Just a quick FYI, in the next major release of the Re-ignited mod, I made Armenia Hordable. In the current Re-ignited mod (Beta release) Armenia is already the few factions (alongside Romans and the Carthaginians) with full iron equipment as well as chain mail armors. This give them bonus against any of its neighbors. Armenia is also one of the few factions (beside Geothe Amazon) possessing better horses. After all, historically, Armenia absorbed the Kingdom of Mittani which was the only nation in ancient time that made horse breeding a major business.

Also in the Alpha release, the Armenian has capability to recruit Armenian Noble Maiden, which is a cataphract horse archer unit that is much cheaper to recruit than the male version. The unit does not fight as well as the male version in close-in combat but it has more arrows which has longer range because it is supposed to use double bow (bow with double limbs and double bow strings to shoot heavier missile to longer range with less effort).

This is an actual weapon from Hindu and Persian manuscripts where the archer nock the first bow string onto her gorget armor, and she then nock the second string onto the same place, nock the arrow onto the bowstrings, aim, then let loose the arrow.

So in the latest as well as the future Amazon Total War release, you will find Armenia to be no weakling.
    Last edited by parthian shot; August 28, 2011 at 03:27 PM.