Thread: MAARC XXIX - Nominations Thread

Default MAARC XXIX - Nominations Thread

This is the submission/nomination thread for MAARC XXIX.

Eligibility - The nominated AAR must have at least two updates in July.
    - The winner of MAARC XXVIII cannot compete in this current MAARC (This is a new rule: the second and third place AARs/writers are now allowed to compete again)
    - Only one AAR per person
    - Nomination deadline: the last day of the month
    - The competition is open for a month, followed by a one week, multi-poll vote.
    - If there are less than 10 nominations, the competition is extended for another month.
    - Usually authors nominate their own work. If you would like to nominate somebody else's work, please ask for the author's approval first (or encourage the author to nominate the AAR)!

Information to provide - Title and link to the original AAR thread
    - Author
    - Game and (if applicable) mod
    - Faction
    - Short description / teaser

Advertisement Rules
    Advertising is allowed in the official advertising board and in AAR threads. Any other kind of direct advertising to advocate nominees is prohibited. Those who breach this rule shall be disqualified for 3 months.
    Asking for votes is not allowed and will result in an immediate disqualification and ban of 3 months from the Competition forums.
    The competition manager will take whatever steps necessary to insure the integrity of the competition.

TheJim's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: MAARC XXIX - Nominations Thread

Sons Of Alexander - The Revival Of The Kingdom Of Macedon
    by TheJim
    using RTW: RSII
    playing as Macedon

Gone are the days of Alexander, and with him, a unified Greece. The once great Kingdom of Macedon and its empire has fragmented, with impostors and vultures squabbling over the pieces in Asia and Egypt. The Greeks defy their superiors once more, claiming independence, weakening our foothold on the peninsula, allying themselves with the Roman Republic, vicious barbarians whose thirst for blood and hunger for land is insatiable.

Peace with the Northern tribes will always be fragile, and with the ambitions of the young King, Phillip V, war in the East is inevitable. The Kingdom of Macedon must once again grow strong if it is to survive in these chaotic times.

All is not darkness, however, as Phillip has allied himself with Carthage, and the great general Hannibal Barca, whose army ravages northern Italy, destroying every Roman army in his path, poised to strike at Rome itself!

Our King must make an important choice, does he march on Dyrrhachium, then join Hannibal to try and destroy these Roman barbarians whilst they fight Carthage and hope that the Italian states, too, rise up against them; or does he first consolidate his power and unite the Greek peninsular under Macedonian rule once more?
    Last edited by TheJim; July 05, 2011 at 08:55 AM.

Italian Glory
    by El-Generalissimo
    using NTW- vanilla for gameplay, NTF for starting up
    playing as Italy (the Republic of Italy)

Since the fall of the Roman Empire, the Italian peninsula has never been unified under 1 strong ruler. After the revolt in Venice, the new Italian capital, the Austrians surrendered and allowed the Venicians to declare their independence! Now the Venicians have gathered an army, and have conquered ALL of Italy!
    Now that, in 1807, we have united the Italians under the Green, White and Red flag, we can start looking at foreign affairs! Napoleon has made recent advancements into Austrian territory, and for now we will have to ally with them. However this is not forever.....
    holland!

Yes, I am......
    NAPOLEON!

Author: La coupe est pleine

Game: Medieval 2 total War

Mod: DLV 6.2

Faction: Royaume de France

I’m Philippe.
    Philippe Capet, adoptive son of the French King. However, my real name is Muhammad Sahadeddine. I’ve been adopted because of an amazing coincidence. I hope to become soon a hero of Chivalry, and help the poor and the orphans.
    I know, I’ve read a lot of hero stories, but I’m a dreamer…

Let's follow the epic adventure of an eastern son, lost in a western land.

Could he reach glory through epic battles and choices?
    Or should he resign to accept a miserable fate everyone wants him to follow?

Contes d'Argo

Scipio Africanus Maximus

Medieval II: Total War

Stainless Steel 6.4

Kingdom of Aragon

The Reconquista has been largely successful. The Christians rule kingdoms across northern Iberia, having seized them from the Muslims after years of bitter fighting. However, their success has only emboldened them. Now, they seek not only domination of the Moor, but of their fellow Christians as well. Among them is the Kingdom of Aragon and its prince, Alfonso Ramirez. Follow the tales of those caught up in his struggle for supremacy, and witness the birth of a mighty kingdom, born in a sea of blood and death.

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Exodus, and A New Beginning

AAR by:
    m_1512
    Game: Kingdoms, Stainless Steel v6.4
    Faction: Der Teutons.

The AAR: Click the picture.

Teaser Beautiful is the land where I live, with all its qualities and flaws.
    I live there, as it is my own.
    A land flowing with milk and honey, and darkness that can be felt.

Then come, the dogs of war.
    When the brute law will stand supreme, where, Life for life, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

What do we do?
    Stand fast! As I, their Lord, is a man of war.
    I AM THAT I AM! But should my people suffer?

Let my people go.
    For they will survive, for all that we stand for.
    Today, the soldier shall retreat.
    But tomorrow, he shall fight again.

- An Introspect.
    Last edited by m_1512; July 16, 2011 at 02:56 AM.

Be free of your fears, let it not master you. Be swift upon your horse, and deadly with your weapons. Be honorable in battle, for the gods will love thee for it. Let the enemy shake in fear when they face you, the riders of Ionia. Fear not death, for when we are, death is not. And when death comes, we are not!

- The final words of Decimus Sulpicius Camerinus, King of Ionia

Barely a year has passed since the death of the previous King and already, ambition threatens to tear the Kingdom apart. The new King, Servius Papirius Crassus, holds on to his kingship by a thread while his Legates circle around him like sharks. Religious fanaticism has gripped all of the Anatolian peninsula, and the Greeks now rush forth to remove the Romans from the holy city of Ephesos.

The Kingdom hangs on to life by a thread and Crassus has been forced by his own legates to move forward to war--an act that would leave the Kingdom defenseless should he fail.

Information:

Author: chaplain118

Game: Rome - Total War

Mod: Roma Surrectum 2.1a

Faction: Romans
    Last edited by chaplain118; July 15, 2011 at 08:03 AM.

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

- Link in sig
    - Bitter Wind
    - By teccarphi
    - M2TW, Vanilla
    - Faction: Denmark

For years Denmark has been struggling against its pagan roots.
    Now that it has fully become a nation, heroes are needed to expand.
    Heroes that are not afraid to conquer Scandanavia, and beyond.
    That hero is Prince Charles.
    Last edited by teccarphi; July 24, 2011 at 02:39 PM.
    Check out: My Writing Desk, a full collection of all my Works
    AND CHECK OUT AND CLICK TO SEE:

Artifex

Author: Maltacus

Game: Medieval 2 TW

Mod: Third Age Total War (Forgotten Realms of Middle Earth submod + my own work)

Faction: Dwarves of Erebor

The dwarfs Runar and Halvdan set out to travel around the known and unknown parts of Middle Earth to look for clues of the mysterious realm of Midgard. At the same time they attempt to negotiate with, and spy on, the other factions they encounter on the way. The tale is focused almost exclusively on the spy and the diplomat but minor side stories tell about the state of the rest of the kingdom.
    Last edited by Maltacus; July 18, 2011 at 07:42 AM.
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

Scottish King's Avatar Campidoctor
    Content Emeritus

Title:To Conquer the World for Islam
    Author: Scottish King
    Game: M2TW
    Mod: Vanilla
    Faction: Moors

Overview: To Conquer the World the for Islam is a tale of the Moors as they fight to build a nation in a world where everyone is against them. After failing to take Leon in their last jihad, the Spanish seek to take back their lands and punish the Moors by taking the jewel of the Moors, Cordoba. Meanwhile, a power hungry imam has taken over the government while the rightful heir to the throne fights the Sicilians. The late Sultan's family also is in danger from the imam who seeks to keep his power. Follow the building of the Moorish Empire from its roots through the journals of people who witnessed pivotal events in its history and perhaps help fulfill the dream of its first leader and conquer the world for Islam.
    The White Horse: Hanover AAR (On going ETW AAR)
    Tales of Acamar: Legends WS Yearly Award Best Plot Winner (On-going CW Piece)
    The Song of Asnurn: An Epic Poem MCWC VI Winner (On-hold CW Piece)
    Tales of Acamar: Outbreak (Finished)
    To Conquer the World for Islam A Moor AAR (Finished)

Jingo Eugene's Avatar Vicarius

Eugen von Savoyen

Medieval Two: Total War, Kingdoms expansion, vanilla

Wales

Llwelyn!” Yelled a gruff and obviously angry voice.

Rhodri. Thought King Llwelyn.

“Llwelyn! You are a daft fool!” Yelled General Rhodri, general of the western fortresses. “Crossing the river with the English in control of Cardiff?”

“So you heard?” Asked the King sarcastically,
    I don't have time for this.

“Heard? Oh I heard all right! And you want me to take control of Montgomery so you can play little soldier boy across the river? You promised the people of Wales that their old capital would be theirs again, and you want to go ahead and take Shrewsbury instead? Imagine the people's dismay when they hear that their King has abandoned him promises to go and conquer English lands! Oh good Lord... You are asking for a full out war Llwelyn! We can't stand up to England in a protracted war! We aren't even a real Kingdom, just a rather successful rebellion! Christendom only sees us as a little band of radicals waiting to be crushed!” Ranted the garrison general.

Llwelyn tried to put a hand on Rhodri's shoulder, but was angrily pushed away.

“Rhodri...” Began the King, “If we are to keep Wales safe from English rule, we need to have firm control of the river. We can't do that if we only have one side of it now can we?”

“We did in ages past. We simply grew lax and the English were able to subdue us. Not again.”

Llwelyn sighed, “Just trust me general Rhodri. Both the river and Cardiff will be ours in time.”

“By God you had better be right my 'king'. If this plan fails...” Then Rhodri stomped angrily out of Llwelyn's war tent.

Llwelyn sighed, “Don't worry Rhodri. Don't worry...
    Jingo Eugene
    "A wise man in times of peace, will prepare for war. Peace is boring, and the wise man has nothing better to do with his time." -Anon

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

Title:Hail Caesar!

Author: Tim1988

Game: ETW

Mod: DMUC, AUM, Pom's Italian States Mod

Faction: Italian States

Short Description / Teaser: Follow the life of Amadeo Vasari as he works his way up from a lowly lieutenant in a regiment of pike, to Emperor of Italy as he strives to recreate the former glory of the Roman Empire of Old.
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

Ganbarenippon's Avatar Protector Domesticus

A Light in the Darkness; Tales of the Bosporan Kings

by: Ganbarenippon

using: RTW RS1.6

playing as: Cimmerian Bosporus

The Kingdom of Cimmerian Bosporus stands on the edge of the civilised world. Perched precariously on the Taurican peninsular, at the mercy of the elements, the ravaging hordes of steppe nomads, and the rebellious nature of their own people, the House of Spartocus and the people they rule are truly a light in a very dark world. An old man ruling a kingdom wracked by civil war and with a new, ominous presence to the North in the Sarmatian Confedration, Pearisades II has inherited a kingdom on the very brink.

Seeing the potential end of his line, and his kingdom, Paerisades recruits a young Roman diplomat to record the history of his House and kingdom as well as the history of his reign. He learns about the reigns of every monarch to sit on the throne and how the kingdom, against strong odds survived, and even occasionally flourished. Paerisades stands at the end of his life and readies himself to fight one last war. The stakes are not only his only survival, but the survival of the kingdom itself.
    Last edited by Ganbarenippon; July 29, 2011 at 07:04 AM.

Count of Montesano's Avatar Civitate

As a motivator to get more updates out, I am entering my first AAR competition.

TITLE: Sohei

By: Count of Montesano

Using: Vanilla Shogun 2

Faction: Ikko Ikki

Teaser:

This is the saga of Mitsuo, the son of a fallen samurai who chooses to avenge his father by becoming a warrior monk. It is also the story of the Ikko Ikki's holy struggle to overthrow the cruel shogunate and win freedom for the people of Japan.

Mitsuo's older brother Takeo also serves the Ikko Ikki as a ronin. Takeo has never forgiven Mitsuo for his father's death, and in this AAR I will also explore the conflict between the two brothers.
    Last edited by Count of Montesano; July 30, 2011 at 05:27 PM.