Thread: The potential of the Raw Data?

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

Default The potential of the Raw Data?

So what is the potential of this raw data that CA has so graciously provided to our immense Modding community?

What opportunities, in layman's terms, does this present?

I am not a modder, nor ever could be, I possess neither the patience nor the acumen, so I'm looking for some heads up...I'm anticipating great things - - - should I be??

Default Re: The potential of the Raw Data?

I am a very amateur modder (started like 2 weeks ago learning this stuff). From my understanding CA did not give us anything of value that we hadn't already figured out. There are a couple of infos that we could play with and understand now, but not anything major.

We still can't expand maps or make new cities, in case you're wondering.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

I disagree with Ahmed.

We can now access a lot more table than we could. Some of them are trivial, some are not. We have access to things like "regions and mercenaries" and we have access to finally mess with Zone of Control and Line of Sight. Both major things affecting the CAI and the player.

Now a "perfect" DB editor tool can be made.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Archimonday's Avatar Senator

Yes, a new DB Editor tool would be excellent at this point. There are variables which are actually missing entirely from the current schema, and It would be nice to start experimenting with these values.

Well that's great then!

Hey guys, sorry to ask this here since I didn't want to create a new thread, my question is with the new data CA provided is it possible to completely change the era of the game to something say medieval or fantasy? Just a question thanks

Moderator Emeritus

I think so, but not the map. Roma Victrix is a mod that works on bringing Rome to ETW and it's doing well.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

It is possible as there is also a ww1 mod (but for some reason my PC thinks its smart not to beable to open the file :L)

Can someone tell me if we have any chance to change

1.) that Marathas will not to be so aggressive any more ("Orange-Plague") and
    2.) can we repair the city-walls and forts in future?

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by XSHEAFFEYX View Post
    It is possible as there is also a ww1 mod (but for some reason my PC thinks its smart not to beable to open the file :L)
    There is a ww1 mod over at the Napoleon thread called the great war so check that out!

I thought it was an Empire one? Anyways I downloaded one and it wont open...my pc is a stupid ****.

Moderator Emeritus

It's not your PC. That mod never reached even alpha stage much less beta. The file you downloaded is unusable.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

The Empire one never got very far, the Napoleon one on the other hand is actually very good.

Damn