Thread: Suggestion pls...

Default Suggestion pls...

I am currently playing the Prussian faction and I already have conquered the Austrians and its minor allies with some of Polands Cities.. Do you suggest I start a revolution or what? I've been thinking about it.. suggestion guys

RavenWarrior's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Suggestion pls...

You know what After reading the thread on Prussia I think I would.... I am starting my first Prussian campaine tonight looking forward to it

@Raven... thanks for your suggestion....

hope others give their suggestions aswell

If you're going to do a revolution you always want to do it as quick as possible. Preferably at the start when you're not at war. Plus, at the start you have almost no units to upkeep. This is important because you have to cut all your other cities taxes or else they'll rebel too. So yes, do it now.

i've done it yesterday... and it went well.. now i'm on the offensive against the Polish Lands... after that i think i'll proceed with my own version of Operation Barbarossa

I'm thinking of doing something similar too, Just started a Prussian campain yesterday.

RavenWarrior's Avatar Libertus

My one is going well I've got up to 1730 and have taken Courtland, wiped out Austria and taken Savoy andthe other one in Northern Italy.... have also wiped out the French so quite happy.... A quick quastion .... How do you set off a revolution?????

I want to change my Prussian government also, I wish I'd done it at the beginning. I want a Constitutional Monarchy but to get even to get to a Republic I need 17k saved up, so 30k for the whole transition! Unfortunately saving up is difficult if you're at war because you need to replenish units and repair buildings. I'm at peace now so it would be the perfect time to change but I've just come out of a big war so I have lots of units and I'm only making 2k per turn. I could probably reduce my army size but if I go too far then Russia will just attack again, the AI only needs a couple of turns to get back to strength it's stupid. So I need to keep some units to dissuade other nations, but I will be making a massive loss if I do. Really the game mechanics should be if all your towns rebel then once the capital is captured the rebellions stop, it's silly that each town has a different set of rebels.

advice with the revolution thing... exempt all your provinces except your capital from all taxes.. then raise the lower class taxes for it to revolt.. and don't forget, remove all armies near your capital...

as of now, i'm finishing up the Poles... then of to my Operation Barbarossa...