Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Visions of Thera. A Portrait and Artwork project.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Faces of Thera. A Portrait project.

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    I caught a whole lot of commissions lately and am flooded with work. My current full-time project ends in first days of July, so I will have more time to draw the commissions and anything I want. I will certainly revisit Faces of Thera during the vacations and complete a few portraits. I'm sorry I didn't come up with anything lately, but RL is really hectic for me now

Oh, and on Friday 22nd the expansion for Civilization 5 - Gods & Kings - is released in Europe. Sad days for my productivity
    Dude, you're going to love, and I mean LOVE Gods and Kings. I was up until 5 am last night playing it! It's so awesome!

Tip: Go for the Huns (they kick ) and DON'T make enemies with Isabella! She'll burn your civilization to the ground! ( England)

Also, there is NO reason to apologize for "being behind" on this. You're not and whatever pace fits you, fits me. No worries, mate!

Don't worry about being behind with the pictures, is it even possible to be behind without having a schedule in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Dude, you're going to love, and I mean LOVE Gods and Kings. I was up until 5 am last night playing it! It's so awesome!

Tip: Go for the Huns (they kick ) and DON'T make enemies with Isabella! She'll burn your civilization to the ground! ( England)
    Well, I'm IN COMPLETE UNCONDITIONAL LOVE with Gods & Kings, I can feel the sweet taste of sleepless nights once again (you can see that after 22nd I wasn't active anywhere at all) I had Isabella from the Spain & Inca DLC so I got used to her And it seems she's as religion-crazy as in Civ4

Thans guys for the feedback As I expected, from July 5th I'm finally free to draw a lot more, since I won't have to work full-time for a single company. Good times are coming I think I'll do Philippe de Meravangi first, as I have the most work done on him.

Awesome pictures man! That Faustian one is badass! Are you still drawing?
    80% of the people on forums have things in their signature they ask you to copy. If you're sick and tired of this, copy this in your sig
    Fun things to do in Total war:
    1. Trample peasants to death with elephants (optionally with culverins)
    2. Burn peasants with greek fire
    3. Bombard peasants with mangonels
    4. Burn peasants with fire-arrows

Yes, I like my peasants...
    Fried!!!

I am drawing a lot indeed, but not for Thera, sadly. Commissions and school eat up most of my drawing time (and during the paltry hours I have left I am too tired to draw and play me some Total War ). I hope to get back to Faces of Thera soon (read: in a matter of the next two months), but I think I will first do a simpler coloring of the sketches, instead of pieces in full detail. The full-detailed ones will come along eventually, but not anytime soon. I hope that when V4 is released, my Thera-fanboyism will take over and I'll get back to drawing the portraits full-time

Hey, no worries man! Just keep on playing Total War, I guess we mere mortals will have to wait just a little bit longer :p
    80% of the people on forums have things in their signature they ask you to copy. If you're sick and tired of this, copy this in your sig
    Fun things to do in Total war:
    1. Trample peasants to death with elephants (optionally with culverins)
    2. Burn peasants with greek fire
    3. Bombard peasants with mangonels
    4. Burn peasants with fire-arrows

Yes, I like my peasants...
    Fried!!!

I am drawing a lot indeed, but not for Thera, sadly. Commissions and school eat up most of my drawing time (and during the paltry hours I have left I am too tired to draw and play me some Total War ). I hope to get back to Faces of Thera soon (read: in a matter of the next two months), but I think I will first do a simpler coloring of the sketches, instead of pieces in full detail. The full-detailed ones will come along eventually, but not anytime soon. I hope that when V4 is released, my Thera-fanboyism will take over and I'll get back to drawing the portraits full-time
    Take your time dude. We all have lives. You work when you feel like working.

Ehem... The might Father of Thera has a much larger goal to meet, mind you, but still I look forward to seeing these portraits in-game! Great work!

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry I haven't been posting any new Thera art lately, but school work, commissions and other stuff (V4 testing ) took much of my free time. BUT, because my drawing class requires a special sketchbook, I decided to find the best of both worlds and draw some Thera there, as well as try out new techniques. This one might be a bit humble (and poor when it comes to perspective, that is how work is done without a proper, careful sketch), but I still think it was worth the try. It looks much better on paper, though (as usual). Done in brown ink.

Witness the first view of the City of Kozlov, the capital of the merchant state of Men of Wotan. A wealthy trader is on his way there, when a shaman of Wotan greets and blesses him as the merchant passes the westernmost chapel.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Looks really good to me, +rep .

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

An epic piece of work, mate!

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

You really are quite an artist mate, +rep

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Default Re: Visions of Thera. A Portrait and Artwork project.

Very beautiful! +rep. At first I thought, that's kinda blue, but It was just me being stupid .

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Awesome mate. Alas, I can't rep you again.

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Any update on your amazing artwork?

Too much school and commissioned work, I'm flooded with Civlization 5 mods stuff to do, and there are a couple of illustrations that need to be done asap. (And in the meantime I'm developing my own anachronistic fantasy setting, just to have an excuse for imagination to work ). I could work on some pencil sketches for Thera, but digital pieces are nowhere near to being finished

Too much school and commissioned work, I'm flooded with Civlization 5 mods stuff to do, and there are a couple of illustrations that need to be done asap. (And in the meantime I'm developing my own anachronistic fantasy setting, just to have an excuse for imagination to work ). I could work on some pencil sketches for Thera, but digital pieces are nowhere near to being finished
    Too bad to hear that, I'm looking forward to your art. But yeah, your other work comes first of course!

I have civ 5, what kind of mod are you working on?
    Last edited by Comrade Roboto; February 11, 2013 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Roboto View Post
    I have civ 5, what kind of mod are you working on?
    I'm providing art for mods adding new civilizations. Check here for some samples http://janboruta.deviantart.com/gallery/40763191

I'm providing art for mods adding new civilizations. Check here for some samples http://janboruta.deviantart.com/gallery/40763191
    Oh wow, they look very Civ-like. I wish I had that kind of artistic talent. Is it a natural gift or more self taught?

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Roboto View Post
    Is it a natural gift or more self taught?
    Both, kind of. I had little difficulty in practicing drawing with pencil, but I still took lessons of composition, perspective, shading techniques etc. Digital painting is mostly self-taught and I still lack much in this department.

Both, kind of. I had little difficulty in practicing drawing with pencil, but I still took lessons of composition, perspective, shading techniques etc. Digital painting is mostly self-taught and I still lack much in this department.
    Well, seems like you've got it down pretty much already.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567