Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Visions of Thera. A Portrait and Artwork project.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Default Re: Faces of Thera. A Portrait project.

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    If only I'll manage to squeeze as many portraits as I can before the release I'm starting Henry of Avalon tomorrow, hopefully - new laptop is on the way and I will have a lot of fun with copying content from my old HDD. Fortunately, I have an emergency computer I'm using right now, so I can at least sketch some stuff.

To be honest I was also thinking about redoing all the eventpics in Thera (for personal use initially). I'm really inspired by the amount of work Rado Javor pulled out when he did all the eventpics for Empire and Napoleon. But this would be a titanic amount of work for me now, as there are at least 5 different cultures - but if I wanted to differentiate betwenn northern/southern/eastern european culture it rises to 7... It would be a project for the future (maybe a submod, if you would accept it ). Portraits first!
    Well there is still some development to do on V4 so why dont we speak when I am close to a V4 release and we can see what work you have completed that we can put in. You have been an outstandiong member of our community here, and I would like to see some of your work included both as a thanks to you and to make the mod better

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Works pretty well as a menu background.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; February 18, 2012 at 12:53 AM.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

@JAL the only issue as a menu screen would be that it is a little too faction specific. I would love some of them as loading screens though
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 20, 2012 at 11:25 AM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

We Fanboys of Faust don't care about this faction specific nonsense unless, of course, someone used a non-Faust themed image instead. Then we'd be angry.

I reckon they'd be better as loading screens rather than just the Faust one being used as the menu image.

Eohelm's Avatar Semisalis

I was looking through all the original pencils at the beginning for kicks, and realized as a small note that your particular drawing style gives me nostalgic twitches towards the origianl artwork used for the first Medieval Total War. Especially the second drawing of the Hochmeister.

Am I the only one seeing that?
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

Hey guys! I'm sorry for a long inactivity, but I've been increasingly flooded in real life work. I draw for myself every now and then, but it'll take some time before I finish another Theran portrait. I've started a couple of new ones recently, but they are in the earlies stage of development, so those are REALLY work-in-progress pics. I hope you'll like them though, and don't hesitate to comment and give me some guidance Many details will change before release.

They look pretty rad so far. Where the Avalonian king is is no brainer to me, but where are the others? I'm thinking that the Uruk (can't remember anyone's names right now, sorry mates) is defending his city. It's on fire? If so, I am very excited to ee how they turn out when complete.
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Amazing work, jan.

I really look forward to the finished pieces. And seeing how these WIPs are mind-blowing, I have no doubt the end products will destroy me entirely.

Very good so far, looking forwards to seeing the finished versions

Thank you guys I'm hoping to finish one those three portraits before June (Civilization 5 Gods & Kings comes out... ), but currently I'll have some real life things to deal with first.

As for the locations of the leaders in the pictures, as asked by Eohelm.
    - Henry of Avalon is, well, on the northern coast of Isle Avalon, giving speech to his army preparing for a Valhallan raid. There will be the army in the picture, don't worry
    - Alpha Cerberus is seen fighting in defense of Demos against the Romuli. buildings will be there, but I might be forced to cut some characters to speed up my work, unless I have really lots of time.
    - Philippe de Meravangi is standing outside Chateau de Tarante, posing in front of the ruins of the town of Tarante after a battle against the Vexilles. There will be some battered Chevalier soldiers around.

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

They look great, and they're going to look even better when finished.

Awesome wips J_B.

It's awesome. + rep

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Holy ****! An update on this awesome work! (The Faust one is still my screensaver) Keep it up, +rep

Thank you all again. I have bad news this time, however, as I have a streak of bad luck. Yesterday my 5-year-old tablet died while performing his duties. He will be long remembered, as it was my first tablet ever. I will be getting a new one in a couple of weeks when I get my payment, and so the project is put into a temporary hiatus until early May.

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    Thank you all again. I have bad news this time, however, as I have a streak of bad luck. Yesterday my 5-year-old tablet died while performing his duties. He will be long remembered, as it was my first tablet ever. I will be getting a new one in a couple of weeks when I get my payment, and so the project is put into a temporary hiatus until early May.
    Aw, poor tablet! That is a long time for a good piece of equipment to keep chugging along. Condolences, mate. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

Best idea ever! If you ever put together and paint a dreadnought model, put a piece of your tablet in it!
    Service does not end in death!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Soooooo, any news on an update for this project?

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Soooooo, any news on an update for this project?
    I caught a whole lot of commissions lately and am flooded with work. My current full-time project ends in first days of July, so I will have more time to draw the commissions and anything I want. I will certainly revisit Faces of Thera during the vacations and complete a few portraits. I'm sorry I didn't come up with anything lately, but RL is really hectic for me now

Oh, and on Friday 22nd the expansion for Civilization 5 - Gods & Kings - is released in Europe. Sad days for my productivity

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

YES!

NEWS OF THE ARTISTIC ONE! WE SHALL HAVE OUR PORTRAITS OF THERA FOR OUR DESKTOP, AN WE SHALL BE PROUD! THOSE WOTAN DOGS WON'T KNOW WHAT HIT 'EM!

Seriously, though, it's good to hear back from you. Can't wait to see your progress.
    Last edited by ggggtotalwarrior; June 19, 2012 at 11:16 AM.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast