Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Visions of Thera. A Portrait and Artwork project.

Default Re: Faces of Thera. A Portrait project.

AWESOME.
    "Romans, Senators, friends. Latium is firmly under the rule of the Senate and People of Rome. The Latin people are now one. Not since noble Brutus drove out the last king have we known such a glorious day. But now my friends, in this our of glory we must be on our guard! To the south, treacherous Greeks and Samnites block our trade. Tarquinii grows beneath a tryrant's heel. That tyrant threatens Rome! Will we abandon Tarquinii? And now Barbarians raid from the North, burning and pillaging Roman lands. Shall we let dager fester and grow? Or will we at as Romans with courage and dignity? Remember we are the Sons of Mars! As Senate leader I call upon tribunes Gaius Julius and Decius Brutus to smash the Gauls and releave Tarquinii. All those in favor say I!

Thanks everyone, it's really uplifting to see that you like the first portrait in the series I hope to finish them ALL in colour, but be prepared that it can take a few months, just because it's a side project in comparison to other more important works and commissions. I do have a week of free time now, so I hope to draw at least one more.

Quote Originally Posted by vercassivelaunos View Post
    Please do Henry next. I'd love to see his coloured portrait at my Hotseat court.
    You mean Henry of Avalon? That's a good idea, though I wanted to paint some Greystokes next, but I think I might change this plan

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir the White View Post
    I would like to see caesar in full color!
    So Caesar's next after Henry of Avalon then

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

I second Mithrandr on that one. also, +rep and faved on DA.

Incredible drawing, adding colour makes it look even better than before . I'd like to see ither Mojag the Great Sycorax or Montezuma done next but I really don't mind who you pick.

Yes, Henry's next.
    I count on it that he will look as great as the Kaiser.

Eohelm's Avatar Semisalis

None can look as great as the Kaiser! >
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

That image is art, plain and simple + rep

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

One-thousand words isn't enough to describe that masterpiece, that's for sure.

To be correct, two words can describe it: divine art.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

YOU ARE JESUS!!!!

you just gave me my new background........

until you make one of the leader of the Uruks of course............

(Suck on that Torvus!)

As long as it's a picture of Alpha Cerberus being crucified, I'm good. Or actually, Purged would be better.

I'm afraid he will be portrayed when fighting those nasty Romuli invading his homelands for no reason...

But guys, seriously, you're overreacting, I haven't even gotten to doing the second portrait I know I've set myself high standards with the Kaiser painting, but I also wanted this project to be a mean of development of my digital drawing skills, as I lack a lot when compared to more successful artists.

Eohelm's Avatar Semisalis

In that certian light then, I shall say that the Kaiser portrait was awesome, and I'm not so much looking forward to who the next leader is as I am seeing how much you improve. I image it will be quite the trip.

And I said that with a completely level head, no fanboy-ism at all.

I want a cookie, please.
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

So you want to improve even more. I can hardly imagine how that's possible, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    I'm afraid he will be portrayed when fighting those nasty Romuli invading his homelands for no reason...

But guys, seriously, you're overreacting, I haven't even gotten to doing the second portrait I know I've set myself high standards with the Kaiser painting, but I also wanted this project to be a mean of development of my digital drawing skills, as I lack a lot when compared to more successful artists.
    Ah, so he's surrounded and about to be cut down like the dog he is, lol.

On a more serious note, your artistic abilities seem quite incredible to me, but that might be because I have no such talent myself. I don't think I'm qualified to critique you, so I'll just continue to enjoy your artworks and fave them on Deviantart.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

That is truly beautiful Jan, + rep . We should talk about loading screens again

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about the art and the loading screens. V4 will truly be a work of art if these screens are included.

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

If only I'll manage to squeeze as many portraits as I can before the release I'm starting Henry of Avalon tomorrow, hopefully - new laptop is on the way and I will have a lot of fun with copying content from my old HDD. Fortunately, I have an emergency computer I'm using right now, so I can at least sketch some stuff.

To be honest I was also thinking about redoing all the eventpics in Thera (for personal use initially). I'm really inspired by the amount of work Rado Javor pulled out when he did all the eventpics for Empire and Napoleon. But this would be a titanic amount of work for me now, as there are at least 5 different cultures - but if I wanted to differentiate betwenn northern/southern/eastern european culture it rises to 7... It would be a project for the future (maybe a submod, if you would accept it ). Portraits first!

I would gladly accept such a submod.

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    I'm really tired after half of day spent on finishing this piece, but the first coloured portrait is ready!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Was thinking the same thing. This is going to be a loading screen in my Thera installation, one way or the other.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast