Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Visions of Thera. A Portrait and Artwork project.

Default Re: Faces of Thera. A Portrait project.

Thank you both, it's good to hear you like it. I hope I won't disappoint you with the portraits in colour...

Speaking of which, I'd like to show you a sneak peek of the first one, which I have started a few hours ago. Note: this is only a fraction af the whole image

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Please, do tell me what do you think about it.

Wow, the head looks amazing! I can't wait to see what you do with the armour and the sky in the background is also brilliant!

Mr. Tornado's Avatar Semisalis

My god.

Your art is incredible. As I look at each of these characters I feel as if you've REALLY captured their soul. The heroic ones look heroic, the evil guys look so dastardly, and overall?

ME GUSTA.

+Rep

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

unfriggin' believable. teach me your secrets, oh master artisan!
    EDIT: just kidding, I can't draw to save my life.

Woah, Sultan Jalal made my jaw drop. the Commodore looked awesome too...

Helmet is absolutley awesome

I can't wait to see the armour
    "Romans, Senators, friends. Latium is firmly under the rule of the Senate and People of Rome. The Latin people are now one. Not since noble Brutus drove out the last king have we known such a glorious day. But now my friends, in this our of glory we must be on our guard! To the south, treacherous Greeks and Samnites block our trade. Tarquinii grows beneath a tryrant's heel. That tyrant threatens Rome! Will we abandon Tarquinii? And now Barbarians raid from the North, burning and pillaging Roman lands. Shall we let dager fester and grow? Or will we at as Romans with courage and dignity? Remember we are the Sons of Mars! As Senate leader I call upon tribunes Gaius Julius and Decius Brutus to smash the Gauls and releave Tarquinii. All those in favor say I!

Daraunon's Avatar Senator

A very good job,I can't wait to see the armor.

Wow, this is unbelievable work. You are truly a master. I especially love how well done Cerberus was, and I really like Mojag, I think you did a good job of showing him as a leader who is willing to do whatever he needs to do for his people and his land, and you can see in Vaasco's face that he feels the entire weight of the threats to his people, very well done. The only thing I have to say is that you should maybe remove the hand from Rothgaard's cloak as a human-skin cloak wouldn't usuall have a hand on it, as the hand would then have to go through a good bit of taxidermy to be able to be part of the cloak, although with how important that cloak is, maybe it makes sense that Rothgaar would go through the extra work.
    Favorite Mods
    Thera, Call of Warhammer, Eras Total Conquest, Broken Crescent, Third Age Total War.
    Awaiting these Great Mods
    Dragonborn, Warcraft Total War, The Frontier, Faerun Total War, Dragonlance Total War, All Under Heaven, Planet War, Hyrule Total War, Murica Total War, Rising Sumer, Horsemen Of The Steppe.

Hey guys! I admit that I was quite inactive for a month and a half, mainly because the start of new schoolyear and work I was paid for. I've been dragged away from Thera by Empire and Napoleon, now I'm being sucked in by Mount&Blade with the mod Eagle and the Radiant Cross again, but I hope to get back to Thera as soon as possible! This is one of the greatest mods out there and my personal favourite, and I'm eagerly waiting for Version 4.

I'd like to post some two small drawings from my sketchbook I did back in September (I believe), but somehow forgot to upload them here. Enjoy and feel free to comment! : )

MrMikey's Avatar Foederatus

I love your depiction of Nero, though I've always imagined him like Caesar from New Vegas in looks and mannerisms but I think you've got him spot on as far as the Theran universe is concerned. Great work man!

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Jan, you are an amazing artist. I love all of these.

Good to see you're doing these again with two more great pictures I personally prefer Nero's portrait out of the two but Vaasco's armour looks epic!!

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

love nero's portrait, especially the face, the side view looks perfect, wish I had your skills

I'm really tired after half of day spent on finishing this piece, but the first coloured portrait is ready!

Eohelm's Avatar Semisalis

Oh. My. Gawd.

Background. Now.

This is fantastic, mate. Beyond fantastic. This is awesome.
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    I'm really tired after half of day spent on finishing this piece, but the first coloured portrait is ready!

By the Kaiser's holy hemorrhoids, we have a god amongst us!

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Jaw-dropping!

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

You, sir, are a god. (i.e. +rep)
    Please do Henry next. I'd love to see his coloured portrait at my Hotseat court.

Ruckulf's Avatar Semisalis

Wow! That's incredible!

Incredible drawings, jaw dropping! +rep for you!! I would like to see caesar in full color!
    My first Napoleon Total War multiplayer Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8xh3SYHiGM

Sorry for my terrible English .

'When we exist death is not, and when death exists we are not' Epicuris (341 BC)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast