Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Complete DB update [Release 2]

Von koh's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Complete DB update [Release 1]

What kind a new things we can do with these?

My gallery Rep if you like.
    6 UESW victory.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Still in the unit table, there are thinkgs such as "Fitness" or "Prestige" in the xsd and xml, but they are not visible in PFM.

What does it mean? Should PFM be updated? Is it safe to use the new columns are could there be some mistakes remaining?

Some things in the xsds aren't compiled into the packs at all. Don't be surptised if you see a whole load of stuff in the xsd's that isn't in pfm. The xml's give you a bteer, but still flawed interpretation.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

TC, KV_morale_EXT new headings has little sense for me. It seems you put 4 fields of the DB as column heading.

T.C. is there any reason why you didn't indicate that the regions_table needs reformatting? In the xml it has both the onscreen name and the region name (key) but the PFM only has the region name. Also the XML file has another column called palette_entry. I'm not sure what it's for but I have asked in the CA Q&A thread.
    Last edited by uanime5; July 02, 2011 at 07:29 AM.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Great! Thanks a lot!

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
    Some things in the xsds aren't compiled into the packs at all. Don't be surptised if you see a whole load of stuff in the xsd's that isn't in pfm. The xml's give you a bteer, but still flawed interpretation.
    In that case, both the XML and XSD have the same fields which don't go to pfm.
    Also, in the case of the Unit_Table, you have several columns which are named Unit_Type now, with different contents. It's a little confusing.
    Perhaps you can make another pass to avoid this kind of things? The last one for instance should be Unit_Type_Icon, not just Unit_Type.
    And you have some ship types which are not in the XSD. No offense meant, but since the XSD just released by CA is supposed to be what they used to generate the pack, I'm a little prudent and wonder why the difference, and if it's a "mistake" on their side or in PFM.

What program opens a XSD file?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGIO_Desaix View Post
    TC, KV_morale_EXT new headings has little sense for me. It seems you put 4 fields of the DB as column heading.
    Check the xnml's/xsd's. They're as they appear in the documentation. They make sense to me anyways, that's the effect that those actions have on those morale settings.

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    T.C. is there any reason why you didn't indicate that the regions_table needs reformatting? In the xml it has both the onscreen name and the region name (key) but the PFM only has the region name. Also the XML file has another column called palette_entry. I'm not sure what it's for but I have asked in the CA Q&A thread.
    palette_entry is set to 0 for all entries. I didn't (previously) cross reference that with the xmls, I assumed it was left out. If I try and tell pfm to show that column, it hits an error. So it's safe to assume it's unused/not there in the pack. And it's not an error on my behalf, I've revealed plenty of columns so far.
    The onscreen entries are mentioned almost everywhere, and shown almost nowhere. I assume they are now handled by the loc. We've got to remember that the xml's aren't final - any info in them can be ignored when compiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    In that case, both the XML and XSD have the same fields which don't go to pfm.
    Also, in the case of the Unit_Table, you have several columns which are named Unit_Type now, with different contents. It's a little confusing.
    Perhaps you can make another pass to avoid this kind of things? The last one for instance should be Unit_Type_Icon, not just Unit_Type.
    And you have some ship types which are not in the XSD. No offense meant, but since the XSD just released by CA is supposed to be what they used to generate the pack, I'm a little prudent and wonder why the difference, and if it's a "mistake" on their side or in PFM.
    There's no mistake on their side, or in the pfm code. If you want to try and work out what those unit_type columns are meant to be, feel free. I don't have a lot of time now and it's one error in one table. I went through a lot of them over the two days

EDIT: And about marking for reformatting, I only done that loosely. I certainly missed a few.
    Last edited by T.C.; July 02, 2011 at 09:33 AM.

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Patrician Artifex

There's no mistake on their side, or in the pfm code.
    Why don't PFM and the XSD/XML match then?

If you want to try and work out what those unit_type columns are meant to be, feel free. I don't have a lot of time now and it's one error in one table. I went through a lot of them over the two days
    For sure, you did a huge work in two days! !i cna try to double check, but when the XSD and PFM do not match, what method did you use to sort things out?

palette_entry is set to 0 for all entries.
    What do you mean by 'set to 0 for all entries'? The palette_entry is assigned numerical values for different regions, such as 237 for ahmadnagar and 217 for denmark. It's only 0 for impassible areas and the new Warpath regions. Do you mean that it's unused in ETW?

Patrician Artifex

TC: Here are some suggestion of changes for the unit table.
    - Voice : In PFM, column with "true", and right to it "unit type". In XSD, voice is a string with a min occurence of 0 (hence the bool column in PFM).
    --> Rename "Voice" to "Has Voice", and "Unit type" next to it to "Voice"

- Last column with "unit type" should be "Unit_Type_Icon"
    - Column left of "Is armed citizen" is "Prestige". I don't know what effect it has.

- You have "Unit card naval" "ship type" "unit type"". If we follow XSD, it shoud be <icon_name> , <info_pic>, <unit_description_text> (and the columns are not in same order). I'm not sure it's used. since they are probably overriden by the uniform table (for icon_name and info_pic) or the loc file for the description.

-For the last column, you use "Is unique", it should be "use_onscreen_name". I'm not sure what effect is has. Only the Elephant and Santissima Trinidad have it on true.

Patrician Artifex

About Unit_stats_land

- Unused 2 is "mount armor". It's not supposed to be used, but lancers have it set to 4, generals to 5, and cuirassiers /dragoons / guards have 6.

- Unused 1 is proably "Man Health" and Unused 3 "Mount health", but it's set to 1 to everyone.
    - Unknown between unused 6 and 7 is actually a boolean, and it correspond to "pistols". It's set to 1 for the Generals only.
    - Unused 7 is "unit drill set"
    - Unused 8 and 9 are the loos formation spacing (file spacing and rank spacing are close formation) I believe it may actually be used for skirmishers.

- Unused 10 is "base density".

Why don't PFM and the XSD/XML match then?

For sure, you did a huge work in two days! !i cna try to double check, but when the XSD and PFM do not match, what method did you use to sort things out?
    Because even the xmls are not final, it's possible that the values aren't compiled.

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    What do you mean by 'set to 0 for all entries'? The palette_entry is assigned numerical values for different regions, such as 237 for ahmadnagar and 217 for denmark. It's only 0 for impassible areas and the new Warpath regions. Do you mean that it's unused in ETW?
    I'm looking at NTW. This is what I have in all the xmls:

Code:
    <palette_entry>0</palette_entry>
    Perhaps you are mixing up the RGB values that come before that?

TC: Here are some suggestion of changes for the unit table.
    - Voice : In PFM, column with "true", and right to it "unit type". In XSD, voice is a string with a min occurence of 0 (hence the bool column in PFM).
    --> Rename "Voice" to "Has Voice", and "Unit type" next to it to "Voice"

- Last column with "unit type" should be "Unit_Type_Icon" Renamed: Unit Class Icon
    - Column left of "Is armed citizen" is "Prestige". I don't know what effect it has. Must control how much prestige the unit gives.

-For the last column, you use "Is unique", it should be "use_onscreen_name". I'm not sure what effect is has. Only the Elephant and Santissima Trinidad have it on true.Must likely unused, I'll mark it anyway. Onscreen_name is the second column in this table.
    About Unit_stats_land

- Unused 2 is "mount armor". It's not supposed to be used, but lancers have it set to 4, generals to 5, and cuirassiers /dragoons / guards have 6.

- Unused 1 is proably "Man Health" and Unused 3 "Mount health", but it's set to 1 to everyone.
    - Unknown between unused 6 and 7 is actually a boolean, and it correspond to "pistols". It's set to 1 for the Generals only.
    - Unused 7 is "unit drill set"
    - Unused 8 and 9 are the loos formation spacing (file spacing and rank spacing are close formation) I believe it may actually be used for skirmishers.

- Unused 10 is "base density".
    I talked with Jack Lusted about most of those a few months ago, they are left overs from when before battle entities was introduced. Here is his mail to me:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusted
    Hi, here is list of all the fields in unit_stats_land in the latest version of Napoleon, some of these do not exist in the Empire version. Some fields have been provided with an explanation, and also which fields are not used:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

key
    unit_class
    men
    horse
    guns
    officer
    musician
    standard_bearer
    soldier_model
    man_entity - links to battle_entities table
    man_animations_table
    equipment_theme
    armour
    armour_audio
    man_health - not used, game gets hit points from entity
    mount_entity - links to battle_entities table
    mount_animations_table
    mount_model
    mount_armour - not used
    mount_health - not used
    articulated_entity
    ammo_caisson_entity
    ammo_caisson_model
    siege_gun -
    artillery_model
    gun_type
    primary_missile_weapon
    core_marksmanship
    core_loading_skill - modifies projectile base reload time
    primary_missile_attack - not used
    firing_mechanism
    default_missile_type - projectile unit fires
    ammo
    skeleton_missile - not used
    melee_weapon_type
    melee_attack
    charge_bonus
    melee_bonus_vs_cavalry
    melee_defence
    shield_bonus
    skeleton_melee - not used
    grenades
    pistols - not used
    skirmish
    unit_drill_set - not used
    unit_training_level
    morale
    rank_depth
    close_formation_spacing_horizontal
    close_formation_spacing_vertical
    loose_formation_spacing_horizontal - not used
    loose_formation_spacing_vertical - not used
    dismounted_formation_spacing_horizontal
    dismounted_formation_spacing_vertical
    base_density - not used
    tropics_effect - not used
    desert_effect - not used
    snow_effect - not used
    guard_mode
    can_dismount
    can_place_stakes
    cannot_run
    can_rally - not used
    hide_medium_woodland
    hide_scrub
    hide_long_grass
    hide_buildings
    can_stalk
    can_snipe
    does_fire_mounted_by_default
    tree_spot_distance
    scrub_spot_distance
    long_grass_spot_distance
    campmap_stealth
    campmap_policing_bonus
    disciplined
    impetuous
    scares_horses
    scares_enemies
    inspire
    fatigue_resistant
    siege_ladders - can climb walls, though some code restrictions on some unit classes also apply
    heat_resistance
    cold_resistance
    can_do_formed_attack
    pike_wall
    pike_square
    is_immune_to_attrition
    can_fire_mounted_whilst_moving
    musician_2
    ammo_caisson_destroyed_model
    ammo_caisson_destruction
    guerilla_deployment

As you can see, "pistols" isn't used either. I've appended it to "Unused 6a".

This stuff is all very useful, keep it up everyone

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

T.C. great work mate and +rep

madrush's Avatar Senator

could this also assist in map editing....at all?

Patrician Artifex

TC: there are a lot of tables like
    campaign_map_settlements
    campaign_map_slots.xml

I suppose they are actually unused and the game used the startpos instead?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Is this for NTW only or also for ETW?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

I'm looking at NTW. This is what I have in all the xmls:

Code:
    <palette_entry>0</palette_entry>
    Perhaps you are mixing up the RGB values that come before that?
    Sorry I forgot this was an NTW thread, I should have made it clearer that I was talking about ETW. In the ETW regions.xml the palette_entry isn't 0 most regions. I'm unsure if it does anything in ETW so I asked in the CA Q&A thread. If it has a function in ETW then the PFM will need a column so modders can edit it.

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

If your still doing this TC, will you be able to rename the column "Has Artillery 2" to "Can Use Artillery" or something like that, because I'm sure that is what the column does.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast