Thread: Minimum system requirements

Default Minimum system requirements

if anybody knows what the Minimum system requirements are please tell me.

most of us are still guessing

Proximus's Avatar Nothing To No One

AFIAK CA hasn’t published any system requirements yet, I think it will be roughly the same as for RTW thought.

Under the Honoured Patronage of Quintus Maximus Adopted by Valus
    Bestows Patronage upon NobleNick

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.

I don't think so. MTWII grafics are like WOW compare to RTW (although when RTW first came out, it was WOW too.....*sigh* time catches up with everything) I almost don't know anything about it so I'm not going to make any comments that might be use against me lateR
    "The Age Of Roma Shall End, The Age Of Hellas Shall Rise Again"

"Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obident to their Laws we lie"
    -Monument dedicated to the 300 Spartans and 700 Thespians who fell to the last man defending the pass at Thermopylae

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by Proximus
    AFIAK CA hasn’t published any system requirements yet, I think it will be roughly the same as for RTW thought.
    Pretty much, maybe a tad higher but still low compared to modern games.

My guess is:

(minimum specs)
    Windows XP
    Pentium 4 @ 1.8Ghz or AMD equivilant (2.4Ghz recommended)
    256mb RAM (512mb/1GB recommended)
    128mb Video Card (min: Geforce FX 5200 or Radeon equivilant) (256mb recommended)
    DircetX 9.0c
    Around 3 to 4GB of free hard disk space

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

I would say around a 1.4ghz processor, but the rest sounds about right, maybe 512 mb ram.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Proximus's Avatar Nothing To No One

No offence but I would very much know what you base your numbers on, so far we've only seen a few screenshoots. So I say it's a little early to start estimating the sys req.
    As a reference here's Romes requirements.

# English version of Microsoft® Windows® 98SE/ME/2000/XP
    # Pentium® III 1.0GHz (1000MHz) or Athlon™ 1.0GHz (1000MHz) processor or higher
    # 256MB RAM
    # 8x Speed CD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and latest drivers
    # 2.9GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 500MB for Windows® swap file)
    # 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
    # 100% Windows® 98SE/ME/2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers
    # DirectX® 9.0b (included)
    # 3D hardware Accelerator Card Required - 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 64MB Hardware Accelerated video card and the latest drivers*.

Under the Honoured Patronage of Quintus Maximus Adopted by Valus
    Bestows Patronage upon NobleNick

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Well given the fact the amount of polys per unit have doubled, and the new animations, the following min specs seem likely:

# Windows XP
    # 1.4GHz processor or higher
    # 256MB RAM(maybe 512)
    # 4GB of uncompressed free hard disk space
    # DirectX 9.0c
    # 128MB Hardware Accelerated video card and the latest drivers
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted
    Well given the fact the amount of polys per unit have doubled, and the new animations, the following min specs seem likely:

# Windows XP
    # 1.4GHz processor or higher
    # 256MB RAM(maybe 512)
    # 4GB of uncompressed free hard disk space
    # DirectX 9.0c
    # 128MB Hardware Accelerated video card and the latest drivers
    Sounds likely, but I huess al l we can do for noe is guessing.
    These Romans are crazy!

okay im just gona wait. Until were informed.

The min ram will prolly be 512. Such is the case for most newer games nowadays.

Yeah, I'd imagine the specs being similar if not slightly higher than RTW's, it could just be the memory that has a "drastic" increase.

"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." -Albert Einstein
    "All these places have their moments, with lovers and friends, I still can recall. Some are dead and some are living, in my life, I've loved them all." -The Beatles