Thread: Should i play through Mass Effect 2 or Kotor 1 again?

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

Default Should i play through Mass Effect 2 or Kotor 1 again?

I've been itching to play through ME2 and KOTOR again but i can't decide which one. I want to finish my femshep and my male shepard with my ideal choices in ME2 before ME3 comes out, but i've also been wanting to boot up KOTOR 1 again and play through that. I even added several mods to it to spruce it up a bit while playing i've just never got around to it.. Any input on which game i should play through first?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

The Dude's Avatar Praeses
    I hate it when forums display your location. Now I have to be original.

Default Re: Should i play through Mass Effect 2 or Kotor 1 again?

Difficult choice. I'd say just roll with ME2 first as you've already got some concrete plans for that, and then after that your anticipation for playing KotOR will be even greater so you can boot that up.

great plan.. will do... but to be honest i started playing ME2 an hour after this post so i was following your advice without knowing it.. hahaha

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

KoTOR was the most epic game I've played for the xBox. Definitely should play that after, like was said shame the second game let it down...

the 2nd game was a lot better in the area of customization, animations, and gameplay... It was just the bad ending and a lot of the bugs due to it being rushed that ruined it for me...

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Reaper View Post
    the 2nd game was a lot better in the area of customization, animations, and gameplay... It was just the bad ending and a lot of the bugs due to it being rushed that ruined it for me...
    yes but there is great mods that make for it imo. The restored content mod for Kotor 2 is a must for understand the ending, and besides add alot of new things and quests, the HK factory quest for instance. And as i already said malachor V makes more sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    yes but there is great mods that make for it imo. The restored content mod for Kotor 2 is a must for understand the ending, and besides add alot of new things and quests, the HK factory quest for instance. And as i already said malachor V makes more sense now.
    i tried it... the hk factory is freakin hard... but i never did use hk so he had crappy equipment.. just wish Kotor 2 would be on steam.. would be willing to shell out $10 for it and play it again for the experience which is exactly why i plan on playing the first.

I remember playing it when it first came out.. back then i was a dull kid... Finished the game and just thought.. "wow that sucked..."

Never really occurred to me that they didn't finish the game which i realized two years later when i played through it again.... man i was such a dumb kid....
    Last edited by The Black Reaper; July 02, 2011 at 10:04 PM.

Ancient Aliens's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Wait what, that Team Gizka mod (or whatever) came out?

{GrailKnight}'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens View Post
    Nah Team Gizka bailed on the project. Some other mod team made their own restored content mod. In a few months they did what Team Gizka couldn't do in yrs :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens View Post
    Yes what Vedran said, there is a version of restored content 1.5, but i urge you to install 1.8 beta, from the same team, there is alot less bugs. Specialy they fix the invisible handmaidens.