Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [PItalica2] Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q)

Opifex

Default [PItalica2] Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q)

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is the starting date for the Paeninsula Italica 2 0.96 version of the mod ?

A: The mod starts just before the first Samnite War, let just say it : 338 B.C.

Q: I was wondering if you intended to add the Kingdom of Epirus as a faction to the campaign, considering they were involved in competition for control of Italy, and at least a good portion of their territory is already on the campaign map under rebel control.

A: Yes, they will be added in, in a major expansion, once we finish developing the phalanx.

Q: When the mod will be released ?

A: The mod will be finish when the entire team of the mod will be satisfied of their work, and when all the main aspect will be completed as we want.

Q: Could it be possible to play with some units who wear Lorica Segmentata ?

A: No, because this type of equipment won't be accurate concerning the period cover by the mod.

______

Edited by Skyn0s (26/03/2012)
    Last edited by Skyn0s; March 30, 2012 at 06:19 AM.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [PItalica2] Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q)

What made you use rome total war skins instead of making new ones? Was it a matter of time? (still, it is really great).

KEA's Avatar Senator

Units is being worked on. The Romans and Carthigans will be redone in the next draft, the others to follow.

Wayfaerer's Avatar Libertus

In the mod files, there are factions such as Picentes, Sabellii or Galli Insubres. Why theses factions does not appear ingame ?

KEA's Avatar Senator

they are not yet properly implemented, but they (or others) might appear in later versions.

Have you guys tried to add the chariots?
    Is the development paused at moment?

Is it possible to recruit spies and assassins?

KEA's Avatar Senator

Not now yet, but will be in the future.

No roads?

The Via Appia was built within a generation of the game's starting time. Seems like a curious omission.

Its a good reason to add all the roads! with the same scripts.

I don't understand. There does not seem to be an option to build roads.

Also, I went into the .cfg file and set banners=1. Now the battle map units have a banner but they are all white for both sides. Do I need to modify something else?

There is no way to build roads.
    Only playing the romans and build them from scripts, like the Via Appia. i have add and the Via Amerina to.
    The banners r white because there is no pic to show, its better to dissable it again.

Ah.... perhaps I simply haven't reached that part of the script, yet. Interesting thought.

I see what you mean. Even the way they are now it shows how many units are there. That helps some.

OK - I have now reached that part of the script. Very nice idea.

Yes its a very nice idea, for the via amerina you must take many cities from the Etruscans, i think i have ad the names of the cities.

This is a great piece of work. I confess I got into it while waiting for EBII ( also M2TW Kingdoms-based ) to get going but I think I can have a great time with this until they are finished.

I do find the battles without the unit banners confusing and I miss the "spies," if not the assassins. Those minor quibbles aside PI is marvelous. The detailed map of Italy is spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by bob01 View Post
    This is a great piece of work. I confess I got into it while waiting for EBII ( also M2TW Kingdoms-based ) to get going but I think I can have a great time with this until they are finished.

I do find the battles without the unit banners confusing and I miss the "spies," if not the assassins. Those minor quibbles aside PI is marvelous. The detailed map of Italy is spectacular.
    EBII will be a great mod, that is a reality, but we will try to make PI2 better and better at every patch.
    Banners, more agressive ai, better battles, scripts, more units etc, all this will be added in time.
    Thank you for the suggestions, it helps very very much.

Great job PI2. If EB2 is of a similar quality- especially the unit models, with a vaster scale I'll be very happy. Perhaps you should share unit models. Yours are the best I've seen with the M2TW engine. ( slightly pipping SSHIP and TATW to the Gold Medal). I'd love some siege engines.

Semisalis

Hi

Enjoying my campaign very much. I had a question and a suggestion. Is the campaign AI improved? (I have just installed the real bad BAI)

Due to the scale of the map I am finding the range of sight on the campaign map for units really inadequate, especially at the start of the game when you are exploring and hunting for trade partners and allies. At the very least I think diplomats need a much bigger range of sight on the campaign map, if not all units. I walked straight past one of my council of nobles diplomatic mission targets.

I also find the battle maps a bit bland, flat and featureless. This is for battles on the plains south of Rome near the first rebel small town to the south.
    ~ Too soon old, too late smart ~

Thank you both (sgz and Col.KanKrusha)
    The campaign AI will be improved. This one of our main goals to make this mod harder!!!!!
    For the campaign movement we will see, maybe diplomats move a bit more.
    Thank you for the suggestions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast