Thread: Horse cloths

Default Horse cloths

Im trying to figure out how you guys (in the alpha) made those patterns on the general bodyguard's horses (you know, the cloth that they are wrapped in) of those Starks? I mean... there are really direwolves, they are black and white... dammit, I just cant get it.

Im trying to mod my game a little and I've wanted to change those, but its not the fation color, neither the faction symbol, nor the general skin... what the hell is it? I mean, every generals bodyguard has the colors and symbols of it's faction, but after I change the symbol (and the general, and the banners and everything else...) they remain...

aah, frustrating

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Horse cloths

Do you mean the caparisons?

You have to change the texture in data/_units/mounts

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Oh thanks Ive finally worked that out. And how do you change the symbols that appear on units? Factions stuff on bodyguards torsos and such? Is it in the texture of generals bodyguard?

caparisons... damn. youve taught me a new word

You need to change the graphics in the unit textures yourself. If you have any digital painting/editing software like Photoshop or The Gimp (free) you can open up the textures (once they've been converted from .texture to dds) and customise them to your hearts desire. If you want to specifically change the symbols/sigils/chargers on a unit then you'll be able to once you open up the unit texture in whatever graphics software you use. The unit textures are flat, so you won't be able to simply pick up one symbol and replace it with another, you'll have to paint/edit it out and place a new one in yourself.

You can find plain/bare unit texture templates like 'B. Wards' template packs - http://mjollnir.twcenter.net/forums/...d.php?t=411670
    These are a good place to start customising unit skins/textures as they don't have any faction colours or symbols on them.

To find the textures for both the horses and the bodyguards: You'll find the caparisoned horses in the mounts folder as Murf said (I believe that the folder is called barded_horse). To find the bodyguards go to en_pplate_plate for late (high/late medieval) bodyguards, en_lmail_hmail for early (feudal) bodyguards.
    Shields and swords will win you wars -
    But in the end, the battle's for our hearts are fought by bards

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

If I recall correctly the bodyguards for House Stark should be en_pplate_plate_NE_bodyguard. Or something along those lines. For the shields head to data/_units/attachments, and look for the final heater files, it'll probably be under scotland, ie final heater_sco_tx1/2. Remember you need to make new normal map files if you edit any of the textures, although if you just change sigils it should be fine, unless you want them embossed.

Good luck!

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!