Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kalis Skins

KALI's Avatar Senator

Default Kalis Skins

Been a while since I posted any screenies here.
    But I've got lots of spare skins that some of you may, or may not like. These skins have been made for numerous mods, for my own personal use. So have limited use if your not using that mod...or model. The first reskins the EB elite hoplite model.

p.s This ones for all the Osprey fans out there
    I came, I saw, I went away again.

KALI's Avatar Senator

this one re-skins the SPQR Greek Agema model.

and this ones another re-skin for the EB elite greek dude.

Last edited by KALI; March 16, 2006 at 04:10 PM.

sweet textures :original:
    Keep up the good work
    GREEK ERA MOD FOR MEDIEVAL 2- JOIN TODAY, THE ANCIENT PROJECT!!!
    http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Ancient_Project/

Very nice. Have you thought of joining EB? :original:

[Note to self: never leave the opportunity to recruit members for your favourite mod unused. ]
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

KALI's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by The White Knight
    Very nice. Have you thought of joining EB? :original:

[Note to self: never leave the opportunity to recruit members for your favourite mod unused. ]
    Funny you should say that, as I am a member already. But have only done about ten skins to date which includes three I'm working on at the moment.

KALI's Avatar Senator

Default Rebel Banners

Ever got sick a tired of those rebel banners all being same colour or that goddam trident. If so, here are a few additions to spice up your rebel factions and maybe a few more for some of the big guys.

You can probably cut and paste directly from the image shown but Otherwise if theres enough intrest i'll upload them somewhere.

Sinuhet's Avatar Preparing for death

Quote Originally Posted by KALI
    Ever got sick a tired of those rebel banners all being same colour or that goddam trident. If so, here are a few additions to spice up your rebel factions and maybe a few more for some of the big guys.

You can probably cut and paste directly from the image shown but Otherwise if theres enough intrest i'll upload them somewhere.
    Ave KALI!

They look really nice, but I am a complete ignorant in this, so can you give me some advice how to implement them, i.v. where to paste it in Data subfolders hierarchy and to which file or with which name if this is the file?

Thanks in advance, I am eager to try them

Bye Sinuhet
    My TW games "Battle Formations" projects:
    Sinuhet's ETW Formations v2.0 – for ETW
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v5.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v3.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's AI Battle Formations v7.0 – for RTW 1.5

In Patrocinivm Svb HorseArcher

KALI's Avatar Senator

Hi Sinuhet,
    If you want to copy them directly from the screeny. You'll need a copy of Photoshop and the dds plugin (which I guess you have). Then open up data/model/textures and you'll find all the tga.dds for RTW's flags and banners (amongst other things).
    You just need to open the appropriate tga up in PS and copy paste the images you want, over banners with the same shape.
    But I'm going to post a file if you can wait. And in which case you can just paste them into the above mentioned file location There might be a bit of renaming nescessary but thats all.
    :original:
    Here,
    are the banners. Sorry its on rapidshare But its a small file, so shouldn't be problematic.

http://rapidshare.de/files/16222615/...nners.rar.html

Hope you like em.
    Last edited by Proximus; March 23, 2006 at 11:05 AM.

Here,
    are the banners. Sorry its on rapidshare But its a small file, so shouldn't be problematic.

http://rapidshare.de/files/16222615/...nners.rar.html

Hope you like em.
    Ave KALI!

Just downloaded. Genial. Thanks you very much. I am eager to install it as soon as possible.
    (Unfortunatelly, I am still in job and I am going to go to a party, so I will be in "normal status" for my RTW modding evening tomorrow . I will give you my users feedback then.)

In every case, I think that such a thing is worth of TWC Download section and not only a Rapid share link in this post. I think that there wil be a lot of downloads of this your mod. For start try to let know lt1956 as for official including to the SPQR 6.1.

Thanks and bye Sinuhet

KALI's Avatar Senator

Thanks Sinuhet ,
    I was thinking of uploading to the TWC, but this release is a kind of a beta. Some banners may need the tonal contrast tweaking. Your feedback will be much appreciated as I haven't had chance to check them all in game yet.

Very nice skins, Kali, do you have some new eastern skins, too? The old ones and that of EB belong to the best I know, that is why I ask.

KALI's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by FliegerAD
    Very nice skins, Kali, do you have some new eastern skins, too? The old ones and that of EB belong to the best I know, that is why I ask.
    Quite a few,
    but I've added so many new eastern models to my game that they wouldn't be very useful as a skinset. I was thinking of releasing a new version for the Vanilla models but have been busy with EB rescently. However I'll post some updated and new Eastern versions soon.

Thanks Sinuhet ,
    I was thinking of uploading to the TWC, but this release is a kind of a beta. Some banners may need the tonal contrast tweaking. Your feedback will be much appreciated as I haven't had chance to check them all in game yet.
    Ave KALI!

Sorry, I have istalled the standards already in weekend, but my internet connection at home was down, so I write you my reaction today from comp in my job. Otherwise all is OK, and I am happy with them, no problem till this time. I have installed all files for rebels without these with ally in names, and also the both for slaves (here including ally) to my modded installation of SPQR 4.6 and no incompatibility here, although SPQR has its own new symbols for factions which is different from vanilla.

I have only one small wish. Would be possible to implement these nice pics also for the appropriate symbols in campaign map, i.e. to have them not only in battlefield? However, if this is a lot of work, let it be, I am very satisfied with this your work already .

Once again thanks, bye Sinuhet

wow love those banners

great

thx thx thx

KALI's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by lalalax3
    wow love those banners

great

thx thx thx
    No problem,
    and glad you like em. There are some new improved banners in the pipe work. I'll post a screeny soon.

Quite a few,
    but I've added so many new eastern models to my game that they wouldn't be very useful as a skinset. I was thinking of releasing a new version for the Vanilla models but have been busy with EB rescently. However I'll post some updated and new Eastern versions soon.
    Looking forward to them!

KALI's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Kalis Skins

Heres a few more banners,

I'll no doubt post them for upload soon.
    :ninja

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

pretty sweet kali. do you have any skins that uv made for vanilla? (ones i want so bad are greek hoplites, silver shield pikes and praetorians) but although im askin for stuff ur , well, stuff looks pretty cool....keep it up!

KALI's Avatar Senator

Hi Aristodemos The Great,
    I've never re-skinned the Praetorians as i don't use them. I'm using RTR and EB. The Praetorians are bit out of their timeframe. But theres bound to be a lot of re-skins out there. TFT 1.8 has some nice alternative models and skins
    As for Vanilla elite Hoplites, again its a timeframe thing. The helmets closed face gaurds are out of date by the time RTW starts. Although no doubt some more irregular units, dug out there Grandads Hoplite helm in time of war and strife.
    But as for the regular and levy hoplites. I did churn a few out many moons ago but there lost somewhere in the back up files. Maybe i'll do some more. If you've got any historically accurate source material maybe I could work start on one.

wow damn

why are they so hot?

banners!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast