Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Akthross 1.1 version released

Default Re: Akthross 1.1 version released

Now that I am able to download the mod, im can't make it work.

So here I'll write down what I did:
    - I did both deactivate UAC and run installers with admin rights
    - installed the mod in /steam/steam apps/mw2:kingdoms/mods/akthross

Used the akthross launcher but I think it might not work for steam as I have to actually pick among americas, teutonic... campaigns.
    So instead did as I do with other mods, renamed akthross folder after americas.

Deleted MW2:KD, restored a backup copy, installed the mod again.

Deleted the game again, and fully reinstalled it + multiple reboots.

I tried everything that in my mind could make it work. What do you think might be the reason of my failure?

About the fail in itself:
    when I run americas (akthross), there is the Akthross loading screen which displays, and after a couple seconds back-on-desktop.

Thanks for your answers.

Sorry about that guyz, I just found the answer to my question:
    Then when installing part 2, you need to redirect it to the steam's med 2 folder, mod, Akthross/data
    I was installing part 2 in Akthross folder.

It seems that the fault was on Gamefront's side, I could download the mod today. Started a new campaign as Parstan, having great time. Many thanks for a splendid fantasy mod. This will surely be my second favorite mod, along with Thera.

kirush2's Avatar Tiro

things have not updated the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by kirush2 View Post
    things have not updated the first post.
    Meaning?

TPMM's Avatar Laetus

Hi all,

I wanted to try this mod out and what do I get? Gamefront says, the link is broken. Yes, I've tried it several times. Have any of you had such a problem? Is it something with me or something with Gamefront?
    Can't wait to solve this problem and play this mod, screens are tempting

Thanks in advance,
    TPMM

The links still work for me fine but it seems like other people have been having similar problems as well. All I can suggest at the moment is to try refreshing the page or have another go later or something .

When I try to download, I get a pop-up asking me if I want to save a 345 byte file with some garbled nonsense name. Recurs everytime over several days. Know what's up?
    What's life like if you don't take a chance now and then? ~ Matrim Cauthon

Only that Gamefront has become a barrel. I'll put the files up somewhere else as soon as, but most likely the weekend.

Whenever I try to install this, it gives me a tiny html file that doesn't have the actual exe file. It is the file name, but with .html after .exe. This leaves me unable to download and install the mod, which is quite a shame because I am very heavily looking forward to trying it.

I spent time uploading to another site, depositfiles.com but after the uploads had finished I discovered that you need to input your phone number in order to download the file. Needless to say I scratched the idea.

If anyone can suggest a more appropriate hosting site, I will give it a try asap.

Strange, I've never had that problem with Depositfiles even with files up to 2 GB. There's the captcha but that's usually nonsense words or a picture of a house address number. In the past year a lot of these sites have been tanking, but I have recently used the following successfully

Mediafire (200 MB max, but a zip and a file splitting program take care of that)
    Uploading.com
    Uploaded.com (1 hour between downloads is annoying but works)
    Rapidshare (slow, but it works)
    Rapidgator
    Hotfile
    Crocko.com
    Extabit.com
    Bitshare.com

I don't really know the limits for any of them, but I assure you I had to surrender personal information for none of them. Some sites do require registering for files above a certain size and while it's usually free I don't really like that. And of course I have only seen the downloader side of things I have no idea about uploader policies and such. Hope it helps.

Edit: Gigasize.com
    Last edited by deusvult6; December 21, 2012 at 07:20 AM.

Went with Rapidshare, will post when both parts are uploaded and update the appropriate threads with the new links.
    Gigasize and Uploading want $9.99 for a month. Didn't check any others at this point.

Upload complete to Rapidshare, links in the OP as Alt1 and Alt2

Thanks. Y'know they must have updated their servers or something since the last time I used them because I remember pulling 10-20 kb/s tops. Seems likely since they have a new interface design. Maybe I just hit the optimal time, but I had 340 kb/s. Nothing to write home about but Mediafire, which seems to be everyone's favorite, tops off at 150 for me. Two downloads took just under an hour.

Thanks a lot for all your hard work.

It will not allow me to download. When I press the link, it says that "the file owner's public traffic has been exhausted."

I don't know about Rapidshare but some sites have either a max number of downloads per day or of download slots per country. Try again in a day, I suppose.

There always seems to be a drawback with hosting sites these days, I will endeavor to find more sites to upload onto.

Nevermind, it is working on Rapidshare now. Thank you anyways.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast