Thread: No longer at summer break

Default No longer at summer break

Hello Guys, as you noticed, there isnt much going right now with ER/NER. It is caused mostly by my real life work and of course summer time where i tend to spend more time outside enjoying the weather Therefore i cannot guarantee any updates in next few weeks, but as before, i will be back with fresh mind/ideas and ready to bring you new versions of mod in the fall.
    Last edited by JaM; August 15, 2011 at 06:09 AM.

Default Re: Summer Break

update: i just checked the forum and found the wonderful gift CA gave us - complete database for ETW/NTW... this gives me tons of new possibilities for future releases of both ER and NER. Of course, i will need some time to digest, but i can promise tons of new features which will make NER/ER even more fun to play mod with historical realism in mind.

CA, thanks a lot!

one of the future big improvements are new battle formations for AI - no longer enemy will use one extremly long single line and instead it will prefer double or even triple lines. this will make game slightly harder as breaking the enemy line will be much harder now, but i believe more fun to play -Big thanks to Sinuhet for his formations editor!

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Does that not bring back the melee glitch?

I presume you have not just ported. Etw formations?

so far i tested just few battles with the new formations, and AI was OK, it actually didn't moved its units that much around actually which was pretty good considering usual behavior... (so far i tested ETW - ER only,but same is planned for NER too)
    Only thing is that double line makes infantry better target for artillery... but that can be adjusted. Overally, i'm quite happy to have lots of new informations about game file structure, and preparing several interesting changes - one of many - introducing weather effect to artillery units (right now rain has no effect), and individual failure rates for weapons.

Artifex

Just as thought on ai, somthing i always wanted to test but never bothered do. If you were to give ai front line units a shorter range than the main line behind would you still get the melee glitch?

actually, i found melee glitch is mostly due to fire drills requiring all men in formations and if AI moves too close, instead of fire it will melee..with volley fire melee glitch is not that eminent,but bigger distances between units are definitly needed.

Artifex

Funny i tried longer distances years ago (well months), it all came down to the ai always stopping at the very edge of its firing range though so the line who had a shorter range than the lights and shirmishers walked right one through. In the end i just stuck with a line.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    one of the future big improvements are new battle formations for AI - no longer enemy will use one extremly long single line and instead it will prefer double or even triple lines. this will make game slightly harder as breaking the enemy line will be much harder now, but i believe more fun to play -Big thanks to Sinuhet for his formations editor!
    Where can i find this?

Does it allow you to make new formations?

Im very very very interested in this

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Thank you

Sixt's Avatar Civis

Thanks for the link...
    Is there anyway to get the ai to less shuffle??

Sixt: AI is less shufling with NER (at least it doesnt hurt them that much if they do it as with vanilla)

a little update - i have come back from my vacation and started working on next versions of ER and NER mods.

Sixt's Avatar Civis

Welcome back, looking forward to see more of your work :-)

Cant wait!

Sixt's Avatar Civis

Me neither :-)

Working on it every day, still some things i want to finish, 28.august is the planned release date.