Thread: 'Please select an item from the list'.

Default 'Please select an item from the list'.

Hello everyone.

I'm new to XGM, just installed it and really want to play it.
    The thing is, every time I go to single player > Imperial Campaign, a message pops up saying 'Please select an item from the list'. I get the same issue with 'Provincial Campaign'.

Does anyone know how to fix my problem? (no pun intended).
    Thanks guys.

Default Re: 'Please select an item from the list'.

Nevermind, I just haven't patched BI to 1.6.

I would really recommend using the alex.exe as it sacrifices shield walls and hordes for improved ai and much better phalanx performane by ai

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

But no hording which is essential to a horde campaign and no shield wall which makes hoplites good for defending.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Ancient Aliens's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by martin616 View Post
    But no hording which is essential to a horde campaign and no shield wall which makes hoplites good for defending.
    I don't generally use the shield wall formation, even in defensive scenarios. I see little benefit, especially when there are siege weapons on the battlefield.

While I despise the Camera and Phalanx bugs of Alexander, and while I adore hording campaigns, I prefer using it purely because of the phalanx rebalancing. Greek factions just aren't fun when a united of Eastern Heavy Cavalry can roll through your phalanx head on.

@ OP: Hello! Welcome to the forum for the best modification to Rome: Total War!
    Last edited by Ancient Aliens; July 07, 2011 at 09:30 PM.