Thread: Yari Wall problem?

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

Default Yari Wall problem?

I like to use the Yari Wall, I think it's essential!, but with DarthMod 2.45 (excellent in every other way!) the units don't hold the Wall formation properly, even when the unit is NOT in combat...is it me, is it intentional or is it a bug?

Default Re: Yari Wall problem?

Might be the new penetration effects maybe which messes with unit coherancy?

havent bothereed with yari wall in a while, ive switched from yari to naginata completely now that i can get naginata ashugaru. I find it better to just have them counter charge.

However you cant argue wiht the old up hill charge into those stupidly long ashugaru spears *thumbs up*

Does anyone know how to solve it???Yari wall is very important for the army formation!!!

Works fine for me. DMS 2.5 + Latest AUM-DMS (2.3? downloaded it 4 days ago anyway)

Just slaughtered the eyes out of an entire stack using just assorted yari-walled naginata troops. Stood still and let them come to me, battle was on flat ground. About 1:3 K/D. Which isnt bad considering they were more samurai and exp heavy than my force.

I support this proposition as I have made it before in the feedback thread. Wait for the next version, maybe it will get included.
    All roads lead to Rome101. Also, squirrels.

I also use DMS+AUM all latest versions and Ive noticed that enemy units just charge right through my spear wall formation. It looks very weird especially because DMS makes the game feel so much more realistic and better in every other way. Does anybody else has this problem or is it just me? Or is it unrealistic for a spear wall to stop the whole unit in its place?

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Yes this issue has been noted it will be adressed in the next version.
    Thread locked.