Thread: Removing Fog of War

Default Removing Fog of War

I have been searching around for hours and messing with the scripting.lua files for hours now and i cannot get the fog of war to disappear. Is there any definitive way of doing this? i Tried Husser's way, but i couldnt get it to work.

i also found this: when i edit the pack using the PFM, a lock pops up on the file. When i did this with patch5.pack (the most recent file to have the scripting.lua), i found that when that lock is on it, the game wont work correctly, even if you just put a space on a file and delete it. i found that the sound works fine, but the screen just stays black. i can even get to a few of the options, i just cant see anything.

Update: i got the fog of war to work, but i found that the mini map still doesn't update as well. i can see the entire map, but the mini map still has fog and undiscovered areas. even if i go to another territory that i cannot see on the mini map, it says the owner is unknown. any ideas here?
    Last edited by muffinhead; June 25, 2011 at 05:17 PM.

Big Brother/King Kong is watching.

ATTORNEY: Can you describe the individual?
    WITNESS: He was about medium height and had a beard.
    ATTORNEY: Was this a male or a female?
    WITNESS: Guess.

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Removing Fog of War

Bump, as a noob, I'd like to be able to see the campaign map so I can get familiar with it. Anyone know how to turn off the fog of war on the campaign map?

I tried looking at HusserlTW's quick mods tutorial for S2, but I can't figure it out. I've placed the Campaign folder in my Shogun 2 data folder but the it's not working.

In his link, he shows some code:

4. Shroud

As you've noticed FoW comes back after 1s turn. As TC pointed the right code is:

Code:
    events.FactionTurnStart[#events.FactionTurnStart+1] = function(context) scripting.game_interface:show_shroud(false) end

I also found Rise of the Samurai Fog of War mod:
    FoW Removal for Rise of the Samurai

What exactly do I have to do?
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; December 07, 2011 at 05:17 PM.