Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Mod Overview (last update: Nov 29th, 2013)

Default Re: [@mods: please un-sticky, delete or take over]

Quote Originally Posted by Lugh Lamhfada View Post
    Yeah nice one for being constructive, its the type of thread most new people look for when they come across a mod so its worth keeping

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    O please, leave it stickied. This thread contains pretty much all released info on EBII. Very nice and handy if somebody wants to know what this mod is about and what's known about it so far.
    Yes, obviously new people would look for information in a thread titled:

[@mods: please un-sticky, delete or take over]

Makes perfect sense. I would totally do that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakie View Post
    I used this thread for a lot of basic information while I was writing both of my suggestion threads. I think it'd be to everybody's benefit if a mod took this over and kept it going rather than letting it die out (plus, it probably keeps newcomers from posting silly questions (at least some of the time)).
    <don hat="moderator">

The only reason I unstuck this thread was because the thread's author literally asked for it. So if anyone takes issue with that I suggest to first evaluate the reasoning of the thread author before getting upset.

Secondly, if you are afraid to lose track of this thread you can of course bookmark it, or subscribe to it through the forum software. This way you will always be able to find it back quickly.

Meanwhile if someone steps in and does the work there's nothing to prevent this thread from being re-added to the list of stickies. I note that so far nobody has come forward, not even after I unstuck the thread. It seems then to be not quite that important to the wider forum audience, after all, and to my mind outdated and potentially misleading stickies are worse than no stickies at all.
    </don>

Quote Originally Posted by Snakie View Post
    Well in the OP he asks for the EB team to take it over, not for regular forum members to do so. I'm not saying I could do it if that were any different, I have nowhere near the time myself, but seems to me like he either wanted this to become official or not exist anymore.
    Not going to happen. It takes real time, dedication and effort, of the kinds which EB members tend to reserve for actually getting EB done. To reiterate: if you wish for this thread to be stickied once more and remain firmly stuck, I suggest you (by which I mean the wider forum audience, not just you personally) find someone with these qualities willing and committed to do the work.
    -Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Bob Doad's Avatar Primicerius

why dont we all work on it together? i mean one of us who has to the time to update it takes over while the others suggest things to be added?
    O and i nom nom nom on rep so yea...click the button...im waiting
    Promoter of:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

postm00v's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios View Post
    Yes, obviously new people would look for information in a thread titled:

[@mods: please un-sticky, delete or take over]

Makes perfect sense. I would totally do that myself.
    No need to be rude there, mister.

Also, this thread has a lot of information in it that is really usefull for newcomers. The ONLY reason that this got un-stickied is that Casual Tactician acted like a drama queen when somebody had a different opinion than him.

The fact that the moderators actually listen to his plea for attention is mindblowing.

EDIT : And about the name of the topic, I'm sure it wasn't like this when CT posted it.

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by postm00v View Post
    The fact that the moderators actually listen to his plea for attention is mindblowing.
    It's his work and has every right to do so, as it was his idea and was the main person who gathered information.

Now I still see that nothing positive is proposed and the discussion is getting off-topic and tentioned.
    So we have two solutions, either we close the thread if it contiues to go this way and someone can PM an EB2 team member or local mod if he wishes to take over or leave it open.

In the meantime I can only agree that the thread should be renamed to it's original name as it's still a useful one and it would be a shame to delete someone's hard work from which the community benefits.

Default Re: [UNOFFICIAL] Mod compendium (last updated Feb 2012)

I changed the thread title to [UNOFFICIAL] Mod compendium (last updated Feb 2012)

I think that's a good solution

cant let this fall out of existence
    Promoter of:

Quote Originally Posted by postm00v View Post
    No need to be rude there, mister.
    Ok, maybe the sarcasm was a bit much. So let's be nice and polite to the wider forum, then, eh?

Also, this thread has a lot of information in it that is really usefull for newcomers. The ONLY reason that this got un-stickied is that Casual Tactician acted like a drama queen when somebody had a different opinion than him.
    I see a messy sticky section, I see a thread explicitly begging to be unstuck, and I see it is going to be outdated anyway. So I pop a cap in it. You see I'm thinking long term: if nobody is going to update it properly (and to date I have see nothing to indicate otherwise) then it will be outdated. If it will be outdated and stickied it will be cluttering the forum, adding only noise. If it will be cluttering the forum and adding noise, there is no reason to keep it -- not if the one person actually maintaining it tells me he is calling it a day.

EDIT : And about the name of the topic, I'm sure it wasn't like this when CT posted it.
    So? He renamed the thread (before the second rename, that is) to signal the moderators to call time on the thread. Message received, agreed with, and wish granted.

I don't see what's wrong with a little cooperative moderating. I don't see why you're upset about it either.

Quote Originally Posted by bob doad 111 View Post
    cant let this fall out of existence
    You probably mean well, but much like that road to hell the road to being closed is definitely paved with spam posts bumping a dieing thread. Subscribe to it if you cannot let it go, and surprise us when eventually there's real news to post here. Better yet: go through this thread and compile a new version of it removing all the cruft and updating all relevant links; then maintain it for a couple of months -- after that we shall see about stickying it, shall we?
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; February 20, 2012 at 10:14 AM.
    -Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

u do present a compelling arguement.....

ps i would take it over if i cud get some support from a couple of ppl as im not as widespread as Casual Tactician was so to speak
    Last edited by Bob Doad; February 21, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
    Promoter of:

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

this rules +rep
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Tactician View Post

Romani Reforms: The Romans for example will get the Polybian and Marian (and possibly even the Imperial) military reforms.
    I don't know, if somebody asked that before, cause i didn't read all pages but ... How possible is that you will implement the Imperial Military Reforms? The Polybian and Marian Reforms are 100 % implemented, right?

Thanks.

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

i think someone said they'll get rid of the augustan stuff altogether.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Default Re: [UNOFFICIAL] Mod Overview (last updated March 27th, 2012)

I've done a little update (reworked presentation, included most pics from twitter, added info on the CUF tool...) - and also this is a concealed bump.

Help required! ( not urgent or really necessary, but it would be helpful)

So - If anyone...

• Has suggestions how to improve this thread
    • Has infos, videos, pics that are missing or should be implemented
    • Can add to the existing infos, pic/unit/etc. descriptions or the like
    • Has found mistakes (grammar, spelling or contentswise)
    • [or anything else along these lines / or even just some general feedback]

...please post a reply (with a link to the original source if regarding EBII features/content).

I can't promise to implement your input straight away, but it will surely be considered/implemented when I do the next update. Thanks, folks.

Thank you for the update, excellent thread indeed !
    +rep
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

jazstl's Avatar Civis

They should repost Euzonoi somewhere, I forgot how they looked...

Please. Keep up the good work.

A great job with this thread Casual Tactician ! + rep

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by jazstl View Post
    They should repost Euzonoi somewhere, I forgot how they looked...

Please. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    Superb unit. Grats

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

please update!